43412 334 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-10 05:44
It has been almost 5 days many users got this issue and no one from DJI has made any clarification on this situation, my drone is sitting in a corner just because of a bad firmware and I don't want to lose it or hurt someone
This kind of customer care is disappointing.

I totally agree with you on this!

I have been posting questions in official Facebook page....multiple comments here in the forum and nobody wants to talk about it. Even brought the aircraft into the nearest DJI store for them to test it and no one seems to know what is happening.

This is dangerous and makes me wonder does anybody there care that this thing can kill someone if it falls down on his head?
2018-5-10
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

Diana (or any other DJI realated user) , an update about the situation from DJI would be much appreciated. Many people have the same issue after the firmware update and we would like to know if it is safe to fly our drones. We paid a lot of money to get this drone and we would like to use it. Can't the software engineers enable software downgrade at least in DJI Assistant to go back to the previous firmware until this one is sorted? Thanks
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-9 11:48
Dear Diana,

Here are my flight data files for 2 of my flights when this error occured.

Hi Rob, thank you so much for providing the flight data, it has been forwarded to our engineers, they will check it soon. Appreciate your patience and cooperation.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-10 05:44
It has been almost 5 days many users got this issue and no one from DJI has made any clarification on this situation, my drone is sitting in a corner just because of a bad firmware and I don't want to lose it or hurt someone
This kind of customer care is disappointing.

Hi Sohrab, sorry for the inconvenience. It has been forwarded to our engineers, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Appreciate your good patience.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-9 22:26
I think it is not possible to update FW without you knowing, but I would strongly suggest you wait until someone from DJI confirms that it is safe to fly with this update or some kind of official fix statement comes up before updating.

Hi Nikolay, thank you for your suggestions, this has been forwarded to our engineers, there will be an update soon, please don't worry. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let me know, I'll here for help.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

WolfPlott Posted at 2018-5-9 19:13
My apologies. New on the forums. I forgot to post the screenshot.

Hi, welcome to the forum, the screenshot that you provided has been received and forwarded to our engineers, they will check it. Please wait for the update, thanks!
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi there, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. According to our engineers, it is just the misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, they are trying their best to improve it, please don't worry. Really appreciate your good patience and thank you for your support!
2018-5-11
Use props
abiledt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172293 ft

Same happened to me on my 3rd (shorter) flight after the update. No wind at all, around 20 degrees celsius. Never seen this issue before. Flying in normal mode. No incidents with the props. MA has 4h flight time and around 39 000m distance
07F88215-4DB5-489A-8666-6D8FC9CBF1E0.png
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

abiledt Posted at 2018-5-11 02:56
Same happened to me on my 3rd (shorter) flight after the update. No wind at all, around 20 degrees celsius. Never seen this issue before. Flying in normal mode. No incidents with the props. MA has 4h flight time and around 39 000m distance

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. As I have mentioned on the floor 47#, it is just a misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, so please don't worry, it will disappear soon. Thanks!
2018-5-11
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 02:09
Hi there, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. According to our engineers, it is just the misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, they are trying their best to improve it, please don't worry. Really appreciate your good patience and thank you for your support!

Thanks a lot! Waiting for app update )))
2018-5-11
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179829 ft

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 03:14
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. As I have mentioned on the floor 47#, it is just a misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, so please don't worry, it will disappear soon. Thanks!

Seems a little strange that a "misinformation" error like this would be coming from the app. I would think it be the aircraft itself generating the error.

Couple that with the reports of some of behavior cropping up near when this be message appears.

The video posted earlier in the thread is particularly concerning... I thought his drone was falling out of the sky for sure.
2018-5-11
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93694 ft

Stuntman1985 Posted at 2018-5-11 09:18
Seems a little strange that a "misinformation" error like this would be coming from the app. I would think it be the aircraft itself generating the error.

Couple that with the reports of some of behavior cropping up near when this be message appears.

I agree with you on this.
I personally saw the drone was turning by itself couple of minutes before this error shows up.
2018-5-11
Use props
UAStelemetry
Second Officer

Germany

Yes, it's highly unlikely that GO4 is the root cause.
On the aircraft, all corresponding sensors feed the FC with data and the fusion algorithm comes to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the motor speed ...
GO4 then receives flight controllers data via telemetry and then displays that info (if neccessary) as plain text on screen.
(You can find these .TXT and .DAT logs in a subfolder on your phone or tablet).

The GO4 app can of course have built-in thresholds to suppress relevent warnings.
But why do not display the warnings if they are important to flight safety?

This issue can be corrected IMHO by upgrading the aircrafts firmware.
2018-5-11
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

As a software developer I would agree there might be bug which is causing this issue in DJI GO 4 app, BUT at the end.... all of US got this error at the moment we've updated the FIRMWARE, the app version is the same as before updating the FIRMWARE.... so I am really still NOT convinced enough to fly my drone, which is really not good at all....

Hope there is a better explanation here
2018-5-11
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Russia

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-11 13:03
As a software developer I would agree there might be bug which is causing this issue in DJI GO 4 app, BUT  at the end.... all of US  got this error at the moment we've updated the FIRMWARE, the app version is the same as before updating the FIRMWARE.... so I am really still NOT  convinced enough to fly my drone, which is really not good at all....

I think there was a couple of updates for DJI GO for Android after the release of firmware...
2018-5-11
Use props
HAYATHAP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47680 ft
India

Reas Posted at 2018-5-7 05:02
Same here with Mavic air. Just updated yesterday and got the error during my flight. Thought I lost my drone, but it was fine afterwards and RTH was all good.
Other than that I have some weird signal errors, which I've never had in that spot before. But that could be other reasons for that though.

Signals Error Is The Main Error Or MAVIC AIR.
2018-5-11
Use props
EMA5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544265 ft
Spain

In this flight, the message popped up three times in a row. It seems that I'm getting it when descending fast while going forward.
2018-5-11
Use props
EMA5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544265 ft
Spain

Edit: I posted the same twice, so I edit the second one (this one)
2018-5-11
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Russia

EMA5 Posted at 2018-5-11 14:27
In this flight, the message popped up three times in a row. It seems that I'm getting it when descending fast while going forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig02vcuaNFE&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, going full forward + full down was also the case for me...
2018-5-11
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

METROID Posted at 2018-5-11 15:01
Yeah, going full forward + full down was also the case for me...

Yep, I also noticed that it comes up exactly when I go fully forward and up or down.
2018-5-11
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

Does it go away when you release the sticks?  I've had the flickers of it come up while flying. But more often that not,when it popped up it stuck around for awhile.5-10 straight minutes including hover and right after assisted take off.
2018-5-11
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Stuntman1985 Posted at 2018-5-11 15:23
Does it go away when you release the sticks?  I've had the flickers of it come up while flying. But more often that not,when it popped up it stuck around for awhile.5-10 straight minutes including hover and right after assisted take off.

For me, it pops out 2 or 3 times for like a second and a half and then I immediately return it back to the home point because I don't want to harm anybody. I guess it depends if you are using IOS or Android. I see that what I call error because I am using an Android phone to control the aircraft is actually warning in IOS app, coloured in yellow popup....so my guess is that it behaves differently on both platforms.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

METROID Posted at 2018-5-11 07:06
Thanks a lot! Waiting for app update )))

Hi METROID, you are welcome. Our engineer is struggling with it, there will be an update soon, please don't worry.
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-11 13:03
As a software developer I would agree there might be bug which is causing this issue in DJI GO 4 app, BUT  at the end.... all of US  got this error at the moment we've updated the FIRMWARE, the app version is the same as before updating the FIRMWARE.... so I am really still NOT  convinced enough to fly my drone, which is really not good at all....

Hi Nikolay, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. According to our engineers, it is the misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, it will be improved soon, please don't worry about it. Thank you so much.
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_VeENBTDinTms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 821949 ft
Germany

I get a similar error in german with the FW 1.00.0400. I can confirm i'm getting it when descending while going forward. My Air is brand new (only 10 days old).

Is this the same error? I think the translation is: Error motor voltage. Check your propellers and fly with caution.
2018-5-12
Use props
ktomlin32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83182 ft
United States

Also getting the Motor Current error after .0400 update. Is there a difference in the red versus yellow current error that I keep seeing. Same message different color.
2018-5-12
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-11 22:27
Hi METROID, you are welcome. Our engineer is struggling with it, there will be an update soon, please don't worry.

Hi guys....reading through the thread.  Can anyone confirm if this is a problem with BOTH the iPhone (IOS) and Android phones?   Wondering if this is across phone platforms....

P.S.  Was flying this morning but have NOT made the firmware update yet. Always, like to read the forums first and based on what I'm seeing glad I did.  

2018-5-12
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
France

Same thing here. Got the message this morning.
2018-5-12
Use props
Verid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158681 ft

Poland

I did stupid mistake and updated my MA without reading forum first. And I considered myself experienced FPV pilot...oh well.
After reading about Your problems I charged my batteries and went to do some stress testing. Fortunately for me I wasn't able to replicate the issue. I tried to go fast forward + up and down, do some sharp turns, even in Sport Mode, go with and against light wind and chase some birds. Two batteries depleted, no error so far.
BUT - I think it was yesterday that I got update message from Play Store that there's new version of DJI app so I did the update. Maybe Diana was right about it being app issue, not firmware issue...
2018-5-12
Use props
DefiantFrog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91404 ft
United Kingdom

Seeing the same issue.  I flew on the new app version (iOS) with no problems the day before.  Did a firmware update and now getting occasional 'motor currant error' notifications.  The first time it happened, I was looking at the drone rather than the screen and the noise it made was horrible enough for me to stop immediately and hover for a while.  Props look fine, I've had no accidents with it yet, nothing is showing as untoward in the battery logs via airdata.com.  I'm also getting more GPS drops, and while I have no proof of this (I was on the ground, so flight records do not show it), I'm pretty certain I had a warning yesterday telling my it was running on the redundant GPS.  And finally, I'm getting a lot more 'weak signal' and 'high interference' warnings - even when the drone is only 200-300ft away from me with nothing around me to cause interference.

I've just submitted some flight records showing motor current errors and GPS drops.  I've exported the .dat files for all my recent flight records off the drone so I can upload them (someone will need to tell me where they get uploaded!)

Looking forward to getting a response and hopefully a fix.  I'm still flying, but I'm quite nervous about it!!
2018-5-12
Use props
fans0b8324ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38865 ft
Italy

Happened to me too, only for a while
A strange thing...I have searched on my logs but error do not appears!

2018-5-12
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

ktomlin32 Posted at 2018-5-12 04:30
Also getting the Motor Current error after .0400 update. Is there a difference in the red versus yellow current error that I keep seeing. Same message different color.

I think its red on Android and Yellow (as a warning) in IOS, which kind of lack any sense to me since the red colour is shown for ERRORS by default and yellow is for a WARNING. I would kindly suggest DJI fix this colour issue since so many people got confused is it just a warning or is it really bad error which may cause the drone to fail any second midflight.
2018-5-12
Use props
Arank-MA
lvl.4
United States

It is four or five days of this problem reported to DJI and still no solution to this problem.

2018-5-12
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just putting the word out there.  Hoping DJI ADMIN continues to update this thread with further updates on this issue;

NOT RECOMMENDING THIS UPDATE!

2018-5-12
Use props
Eric..
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122900 ft
Malaysia

Same thing it happens after my DJI software upgrade. BTW, I'm just ignore this message and my few flights are still good but just disturbing during flying.

I hope this is just misinformation as claimed and it will not cause risk on flying. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2018-5-12
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

Any news on this issue?
2018-5-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gala Posted at 2018-5-13 13:45
Any news on this issue?

I'm still watching this thread as well.   Nothing new posted from DJI.  I suspect we won't hear anything before Monday.  Most senior DJI techs are probably out of the office until Monday.  Will keep checking back.  
2018-5-13
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-5-13 15:20
I'm still watching this thread as well.   Nothing new posted from DJI.  I suspect we won't hear anything before Monday.  Most senior DJI techs are probably out of the office until Monday.  Will keep checking back.

These series of dangerous encounters (never ever seen so many threads arising from the potentially deadly .0400 firmware)  warrant immediate attention. They better be working 24/7 on this....wth....sigh...
2018-5-13
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

Four flights today. Two reported the motor current error. (One I was using a different app, so unsure if there was any errors.)

The last one i got was followed by a Motor Obstructed warning!  That's a new one I had not seen before... I immediately landed.  Really hoping this "misinformation error from the app" isn't causing actual real life damage to the Mavic Air.
2018-5-13
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft
Norway

I read another post where a guy had the motor obstructed message. His drone fell from the sky and hit his daughter. So you probably made the right call about landing it Stuntman. You probably should consider sending in your drone in my opinion.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules