Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
43282 334 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-18 12:59
"Now, MP pilots who received their 0400 update, which also included the same encrypted system, are also now beginning to experience the EXACT SAME issues as MA units did with its 0400 update. So don't tell me DJI cannot, or does not, rush out firmware updates when needed."

I received my 0400 update for my Mavic Pro and am not experiencing any problems, I set up my Thread to try and capture any such. So far I make it about 15 successes and 3 reporting problems, which may be DJI Go 4 Android related problems, or problems in the updating process.

Glad you are not experiencing any Mavic Pro problems with .0400 FW coupled to CrystalSky Ultrabright and GO-4 update.  But a brief and basic flight today showed two problems, and possibly a third.

2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-18 12:59
"Now, MP pilots who received their 0400 update, which also included the same encrypted system, are also now beginning to experience the EXACT SAME issues as MA units did with its 0400 update. So don't tell me DJI cannot, or does not, rush out firmware updates when needed."

I received my 0400 update for my Mavic Pro and am not experiencing any problems, I set up my Thread to try and capture any such. So far I make it about 15 successes and 3 reporting problems, which may be DJI Go 4 Android related problems, or problems in the updating process.

I think one problem with 0.400 , all the rest are due to app on Android  on announcements tag, . 0.400 for is still working great. I think 4.2.21 now available on Android at least it is from today for Crystalsky.
2018-7-18
Use props
Gonzalez Raymundo
lvl.1

United States

I wan my my full refund my money back
2018-7-19
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Croatia

I experienced the same problem yesterday, on the rth when drone started descending I got this error, drone sounded like the motors are not working properly and it was unstable in flight down, shakes, even gimbal couldn't stay in center as I saw the video after it. This is frustrating. Also I experience drifting problems, yaw movement, constantly High wind velocity messages and unstable signal even in clear areas. I'm little bit dissapointed as this is my first drone and now I'm scared to fly it.
2018-7-20
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

aRapic, that,s the same It,s happening to me. Since the last firmware three months ago....It,s incredible!! Three months and no solutions! You are a lucky man, my Mavic crashed and now i,m looking for a new one but not a Dji product. The MA could be a good dron, but ....
2018-7-21
Use props
Lakagigar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708802 ft
Norway

I have got the 'Motor Current Error' message several times since i got the DJI Mavic Air drone 3 weeks ago. But i have never encoutered that it's actually a problem while flying. So i have never landed the drone because of it.

Everytime the message have appeared, there have never been any misbehaviour of the drone where the message have just disapeared after some few seconds. Then i have just continued to fly the drone without any issues.

So i do believe DJI when they say it's just a misinformation.
2018-7-25
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is weird I'm getting the motor error on my iPhone but not in my iPad Mini 4.
2018-7-25
Use props
scott_michael86
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Anyone know what’s happening with this? Ive had the same warnings. emailed DJI they told me I need to send it off for repair. Only got it back last week for the prossor chip over heating!  3rd flight after getting it back and updating this warning flashes up.
2018-7-25
Use props
Alphashooter
New
Sweden

Same here. The warning popped up for a second or two when I was flying forward and descending.
I then pushed the little bird real hard in sport mode by going full speed back/forth left/right several Times without any problems.
2018-7-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

amrey Posted at 2018-7-21 01:06
aRapic, that,s the same It,s happening to me. Since the last firmware three months ago....It,s incredible!! Three months and no solutions! You are a lucky man, my Mavic crashed and now i,m looking for a new one but not a Dji product. The MA could be a good dron, but ....

You have never reported your crash here for analysis but at least one thing I can assure you, it did not happen because of the last firmware update nor because of the well known false "motor current error" message. Please report your case and many of us shall be happy to help you with it.
2018-7-25
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

I only have uploaded a vídeo in Youtube and more critical moments in a SD card

At this moment more than ten flights without any problem!!

Cross my fingers!!

I,m believing again...

2018-7-26
Use props
mainstain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178566 ft
United States

+1
I've flown a half a dozen times since installing the May update, and I got this warning twice on my last flight today. No one has fixed this by re-installing the May firmware, right?
2018-8-6
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-18 13:16
Good to hear your bird is functioning normally after the update!

I've been going to the thread where DJI officially announced the new MP 0400 FW, and that's where most seem to be reporting their issues.

I can also confirm that 0400 is working quite well on the MP(P). Let me remind you that that the MP also had this issue on 0300. It got fixed in 0400, read my comments a couple of pages back.

IMO there are more people who post an issue than people who confirm things work great. Some people come here to discuss, most people come here for problems.
2018-8-6
Use props
chinsauce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34199 ft
Australia

Hey guys. I have been having this issue from Day 1 on the MA.
Did some firmware resets as suggested by DJI with their support emails and they then suggested I send the drone back for repairs.
They now what to charge me $150 for the repairs. I thought this would be something they will fix under warranty? Does that sound right for the $150 repair?
2018-8-6
Use props
djiuser_0OnzkLxdGNie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115705 ft
United States

I just received this same error multiple times during my last flight. Very calm day, almost no wind.

Only seemed to happen while descending and going forward at the same time.  

I have a feeling it may be a sync issue due to poor signal or interference. I flew in a new area that had quite alot of video lag and distortion across the board. Never received this error anywhere else.

My guess is there was some communication issue that was causing 1 or more motors to malfunction during complex maneuvers.
2018-8-11
Use props
StavrosMoschopoulosPhotography
New
Flight distance : 36939 ft

Hello

I have all the updates on my Mavic Air and today got the same error... the drone was flying over water and went down in the water and the battery seems to have exploded....

It seems that this Mavic Air was rushed to production and sale without any meaningful testing by the DJI Engineers.... Now, I am stuck without a drone...and I am mad.... I was flying it in Greece and I would have to return it to the States and wait for it to be replaced.... what a pain that DJI Europe does not honor DJI USA extended coverage....

Stavros

2018-8-22
Use props
xwalker81
New
Flight distance : 157946 ft
Brazil

Same error here. What should i do ?
2018-8-31
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cspain Posted at 2018-5-8 14:20
Maybe if you have iOS they figure you can afford a new drone, so it is not as urgent if it goes down ;)

Money bags a plenty. Never thought about it like this - Expensive drone works perfect with expensive iOS phone / tablet......In cahoots with each other......That will get the conspiracy goons going...Had the message once last night but that's it. Again, coming down from height to land. Definately not props as they are a fresh set after my noob encounter with power lines the other day.
2018-8-31
Use props
fanse5be39c9
New

Came here for the error but got nothing other then drama from 2 know it alls. Thanks fellas. Big help here!
2018-9-2
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

I've had my MA for 20 days. I've had this error 3 or 4 times. All the same scenario. Flying back to my home point mannually with the stick at full throttle (18.6MPH) in P-Mode and depending at max rate. All 3 times the drone seemed fine with no unusual activity before and after the error message.  I have 10 to request a return and possible replacement. I plan. To run some more tests today and see what the results are.  What's the consensus of the forum?  Is this a hardware problem or software?  Either way I don't have warm and fuzzies about flying it right now but I'm trying to decide if a return is the best course of action right now.
2018-9-3
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

Is there no prevailing wisdom on this issue?
2018-9-5
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

No problems here!

Mavic Air FW: .400
DJI Go 4: iOS 4.3.1
Device: iPad 2018 WiFi only
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_rfhbZsgxeqmH
New

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-13 00:34
Hello kanz, confirm that Motor Current Error is the misinformation, and our engineers will fix it in the next update. This will not affect the normal flight, no worries. If you encounter other issues, please kindly shed more light for better assistance, thanks so much!

I have the same error on my 2 day old Mavic Air.
The Problem seems to be there for over 2 month now.
Will there ever be a fix?
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

chinsauce Posted at 2018-8-6 23:18
Hey guys. I have been having this issue from Day 1 on the MA.
Did some firmware resets as suggested by DJI with their support emails and they then suggested I send the drone back for repairs.
They now what to charge me $150 for the repairs. I thought this would be something they will fix under warranty? Does that sound right for the $150 repair?

Hi chinsauce, sorry for the late response. May I have your case number for better assistance?

BTW, please click the reply button under my message so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks so much!
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_rfhbZsgxeqmH Posted at 2018-9-9 11:02
I have the same error on my 2 day old Mavic Air.
The Problem seems to be there for over 2 month now.
Will there ever be a fix?

I've pushed our engineers again, they're still working the firmware. I'll keep an eye on the status and keep you updated.
2018-9-10
Use props
engelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I also started getting this error !!
2018-9-10
Use props
rbvoxxman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185020 ft

I purchased my Mavic Air a few days ago.  First flight and I have the motor current error within 5 mins of first flight. No issue with flight though. I have latest version of Go4 v4.3.0 and latest quad FW.  Can't believe there are so many threads on this and that it's still happening.  If I have an accident as a result of this, will refresh program cover it?
2018-9-13
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

djiuser_0OnzkLxdGNie Posted at 2018-8-11 23:02
I just received this same error multiple times during my last flight. Very calm day, almost no wind.

Only seemed to happen while descending and going forward at the same time.  

Exactly like this:
Only seemed to happen while descending and going forward at the same time
And it is easy to reproduce
2018-9-21
Use props
Alejofer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69692 ft
Spain

Hello

Today I had the same problem described in this thread.
In two of my three flights made today, on my second field trip to fly my new drone, I launched the engine failure warning, fly with caution.

I confirm that on both occasions the control was with the lever forward and descending at the same time.

I remain attentive to the comments, since as the drone is new, and is updated to the latest firmware, I can request the return of the money or the change directly.
2018-9-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

im all up to date on my mavic air.   firmware and app wise.. (android and ios)

my mavic air has been popping up "motor current error please land ASAP and check propellers" (or somehting very similar) several times now sometimes no pattern or reasoning im getting it it happens if im slowly flying around or full throttle sport mode..
2018-9-23
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here! I just got my brand new Mavic Air in the mail 3 days ago now, and on the first flight my obstacle avoidance sensors would randomly go off in the air with no obstacle, I would get the motor current error, and on my 6th flight, I lost my Mavic because it started auto landing at 70% for "Critically Low Battery". Unbelievable.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nordium Posted at 2018-9-24 17:04
Same here! I just got my brand new Mavic Air in the mail 3 days ago now, and on the first flight my obstacle avoidance sensors would randomly go off in the air with no obstacle, I would get the motor current error, and on my 6th flight, I lost my Mavic because it started auto landing at 70% for "Critically Low Battery". Unbelievable.

you had a battery failure on your mavic air too???  i just not but last week basically had my mavic air battery go into critically low battery at 80% and it dropped out of the air.. luckily it was right next to me hovering 5 feet off the ground when it let go so no damage to the aircraft.   the battery is completely toast now though.
2018-9-24
Use props
Jclark5101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189843 ft
United States

Same problem here with my Mavic Air. Spent just a tad bit of money with DJI. Got a Spark and tha Mavic Air and the Mavic 2 zoom. Looks like they will all be for sale and go to a different brand. Big company like DJI jerking people around is unbelievable. They could fix the problem real fast I’df they wanted to but want so I say when you want to buy a drone buy another brand that is what I am doing..
2018-9-24
Use props
Nordium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 17:16
you had a battery failure on your mavic air too???  i just not but last week basically had my mavic air battery go into critically low battery at 80% and it dropped out of the air.. luckily it was right next to me hovering 5 feet off the ground when it let go so no damage to the aircraft.   the battery is completely toast now though.

Yep. I got the error "Critically Low Battery. Aircraft Landing" when I had 65% battery left and my Mavic was around 9,000ft away from my takeoff point. My flight time had only been close to 5 minutes, and I could've easily made it back. I lost my drone because it lost signal on the way home and landed in some trees. Still have not located it.
Is my issue similar to what happened to you? I made a YouTube video with my flight screen recording. I can't post the link here, but my YouTube channel is "Nordium".
2018-9-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nordium Posted at 2018-9-25 07:44
Yep. I got the error "Critically Low Battery. Aircraft Landing" when I had 65% battery left and my Mavic was around 9,000ft away from my takeoff point. My flight time had only been close to 5 minutes, and I could've easily made it back. I lost my drone because it lost signal on the way home and landed in some trees. Still have not located it.
Is my issue similar to what happened to you? I made a YouTube video with my flight screen recording. I can't post the link here, but my YouTube channel is "Nordium".

im sorry for the loss!  did you open a warranty claim?  sounds like dji needs to ship you a new mavic air since it died like that.  i wouldnt consider that a pilot error, autolanding supposed to start around 13-15 percent...  and 65% power is plenty of power to get it atleast most of the way bakc or to a safe landing spot.

mine didn't get lost and nor did it gracefully autoland.. i was hovering it right near me setting up the camera about to do a power run out over some water,  80% power i got the verbal warning "critically low battery"  and before beeping or anything else occured, the drone fell out of the air, only 5 feet up and 5 feet away from me..  

i think dji's batteries lately have been suffering poor quality control..complaints already about mavic 2 series batteries, i seen multiple recent issues with mavic air batteries.. me and you both experianced nearly the same issue where still have a decent power percentage reamining and the battery fails..
2018-9-25
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is absolutely astonishing that we're here in nearly October talking about issues with the"latest" MA FW update that's now nearly 5 months old.  Just astonishing DJI.
2018-9-25
Use props
Jclark5101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189843 ft
United States

Sending my Air back to DJI and let them check it out. We will see what happens. I will keep you all posted..
2018-9-25
Use props
Harvey Paran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347707 ft
Philippines

Hello, Guys.
Was this issue resolved?

I updated the Firmware on my Mavic yesterday and not sure if the raised issue was resolved.

Any news on this?

Harvey.
2018-9-26
Use props
PatrickM923
lvl.2

Harvey Paran Posted at 2018-9-26 04:01
Hello, Guys.
Was this issue resolved?

HI,

Unfortunately, the firmware in question has not been updated.  The most recent update to the dji magic air firmware was May 2nd.  
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PatrickM923 Posted at 2018-9-26 16:12
HI,

Unfortunately, the firmware in question has not been updated.  The most recent update to the dji magic air firmware was May 2nd.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=167678
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules