Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
1183293 1183293 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuntman1985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179829 ft

Four flights today. Two reported the motor current error. (One I was using a different app, so unsure if there was any errors.)

The last one i got was followed by a Motor Obstructed warning!  That's a new one I had not seen before... I immediately landed.  Really hoping this "misinformation error from the app" isn't causing actual real life damage to the Mavic Air.
2018-5-13
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft
Norway

I read another post where a guy had the motor obstructed message. His drone fell from the sky and hit his daughter. So you probably made the right call about landing it Stuntman. You probably should consider sending in your drone in my opinion.
2018-5-13
Use props
MABIMavicAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426404 ft
Italy

fans0b8324ed Posted at 2018-5-12 11:42
Happened to me too, only for a while
A strange thing...I have searched on my logs but error do not appears!

Exactly the same here, the error message was on the app but it didn't  appear in the log
2018-5-14
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

I guess I will not fly my MA until a resolution regarding this issue.  
2018-5-14
Use props
Jojima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28711 ft
United States

I haven't update my MA formware with this .0400 version, yesterday I turn it on after a few days and it did not asked me for the update. did DJI retire the update to fix these issues???
2018-5-14
Use props
Phil805
New
Flight distance : 87234 ft
United Arab Emirates

I've had the same error message hadn't affected flight although a a little worrying as I've been flying over water[img][/img]
2018-5-14
Use props
Ellison
lvl.2
Venezuela

I had this message error in my last flights after the firmware installation. To me occurred after 7 minutes of fly, the fly were under heavy wind conditions. Does DJII has an estimate for resolution of this trouble? I did not see any abnormal flight condition during the message. The message appeared for less than 2-3 seconds.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Update: According to our engineers, it is just the misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, they are trying their best to improve it. It will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. Please be noted. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused, really appreciate your kind understanding.
2018-5-16
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-16 18:46
Update: According to our engineers, it is just the misinformation from the DJI GO4 app, they are trying their best to improve it. It will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. Please be noted. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused, really appreciate your kind understanding.

Dear Diana,

As a MPP user I also expirience this issue. But knowing that this is a software issue makes me less worried about my mavic, as I am having this drone for a week now. Thanks for the update, while alot of people suffer from this and different people give different advices made me kinda anxious. This gives alot of clearance.
2018-5-16
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

The confirmation above is for MA. Need DJI to confirm also apply to MpP or not.
2018-5-16
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

GDL Posted at 2018-5-16 23:39
The confirmation above is for MA. Need DJI to confirm also apply to MpP or not.

Good point you got there.

@Diana, could you confirm which devices are suffering from this issue? Is it possible my MPP is affected by this too? Thanks.
2018-5-17
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

I got this message yesterday. First time I've seen this message since I got my Mavic Air on february (7h total flight time). I'm "glad" that this seems to be a firmware issue and not an problem specific to my device.

Even then I'm really hoping for a fix soon since I'm not comfortable flying my expensive drone out in the sky with random "motor error" messages popping up on the screen, even if DJI tells us it's not a real error.
2018-5-17
Use props
Dekyffe
lvl.1

United States

I am have similar probs. I have a Phantom 3 Pro.
My problem is I get a motor obstruction warning and the motor appears to be locked.
The motor will move approximately 1/8" in either direction and make a clanking sound when it appears to hit something in the coils ?
No one seeems to know what this particular fault is......can the FW lock motors and produce a warning?
2018-5-17
Use props
Verid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158681 ft

Poland

@Dekyffe - motor twitching is usually associated with one phase missing. Either one of three motor cables got loose, motor wiring is faulty or ESC driving this motor is damaged.
Problem described in this thread appeared after FW update in MA and as stated by Diana, it's only misinformation. Yours looks like mechanical damage.
2018-5-17
Use props
wisnia.sebastian
lvl.1

Hong Kong

楼主你好,这个属于误报,我们将会尽快优化此问题,感谢反馈。
2018-5-18
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

You can check is this problem fixed by new DJI Go 4.2.16 just released.
2018-5-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-16 18:46

Diana, have you heard anything further from DJI Engineering on this? If not, can you follow up for status and timeframes for a fix?  

Thank you,
2018-5-18
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

It’s not just a simple misinformstion. Look at other threads and notice problems with yaw, activetrack and other issues. Major boo. Disappointing. More than 2 weeks and nothing being done!
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GDL Posted at 2018-5-18 07:13
You can check is this problem fixed by new DJI Go 4.2.16 just released.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. According to our engineers, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone, appreciate your kind understanding.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-5-18 09:53
Diana, have you heard anything further from DJI Engineering on this? If not, can you follow up for status and timeframes for a fix?  

Thank you,

Hi, according to the engineers, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. I will forward this again and hope it will be improved as earlier as possible. If there is an update, I'll let you know at the first time. Thank you so much.
2018-5-19
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been reading a lot about the new update for the air.  Haven't done it yet.  Did the IOS update on my ipad mini 4 and new go4 app.  Flew no issues at all with my pro.  Out in the country, wide open area.  Decided to get some footage with the air for comparison and also to see if I still had video lag and the strong interference message in the country, not village.  Out about 200 ft, video chopping and severe lag.  Then signal disconnect and reconnect.

I truly believe that there are substantial stability issues with this drone.  Multiple firmware updates addressing multiple issues, including wifi have shown this.  No reason why I should see video drops, lags and complete drop out just over 200 ft with no obstacles in front of me.  I've seen replies to others stating, "try a different area".  Sorry, when you are in open country, no towers etc, this is reminding me of the spark with a few more features.  I've got 2 of them, both do the same thing.  I've got 2 pro's, a 3rd now ordered, they just work.  I agree with the comments, this needs to be addressed asap.
2018-5-19
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-19 02:44
Hi, according to the engineers, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. I will forward this again and hope it will be improved as earlier as possible. If there is an update, I'll let you know at the first time. Thank you so much.

Hey there DIana,

Could you answer the question I asked earlier? I asked what birds are affected by this? In this thread we see lots of Mavic Airs. But how about the Mavic pro (platinum)? Thanks.
2018-5-20
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Selling mine......go for a Pro,

A lot of issues  and a very poor wifi signal.

2018-5-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-19 02:44

Thanks for the heads up.   Been watching this thread to see where things were at.  
2018-5-20
Use props
djiuser_CP58gB9GzWMy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9934 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-5-20 08:20
Thanks for the heads up.   Been watching this thread to see where things were at.

Hello all.
So I was playing around with my MP in simulator mode while it pours rain outside and I got a new warning message on the screen stating..
"Motor current error. Check your propellers and fly with care"
Seriously? I researched and saw others in the last day or two who got this warning while flying AFTER an update...
One flier said...."It is a bug in .0400 update. I have done only 6 hours of flying and had same message and lot of other people. Hope they fix it soon."....
Most said the warning popped up while under full power but mine happened in simulator mode
2018-5-20
Use props
AdrenalineRevolution
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9934 ft
United States

Am I the only one who had this happen while in simulator mode?
Try it for yourself, you will get the same warning without even flying the bird.
This tells me it should be easy to rectify by the DJI engineers and rectified SOON please.
2018-5-20
Use props
Loki's Eyes
lvl.4
United States

I've had the same error, and I just kept flying.  But it's a worrisome error which is why I did a search of these forums about it.  Seems it doesn't cause a crash, but it's just sensor related?  I'm new to flying 800 dollar cameras, and stuff like that makes me nervous, but since I've had this same error a few times and no bad consequences, I'm ignoring it for the time being.  Bad idea?   Here's a screenshot of my latest "motor current error."
2018-5-20
Use props
Kristopher250
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159324 ft
United States

Yes, I had this error too - right after the firmware update. However, it only occurred for one flight. The problem has not returned.
2018-5-20
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1

Had the errormessage pop-up again today. When it happened the drone was close to me, I were going full forward and full descend at the same time. Weird thing is, this time the sound from the drone was different then normal. It actually sounded like one of the engines were running on lower/ higher rpm then the other ones. DJI are you 100% sure this is only app related? Will you cover repairs if my drone actually dropped from the sky?
2018-5-21
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1

Screenshot from today's errormessage.
Screenshot_20180521-203311.jpg
2018-5-21
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

1 month DJI usually known as the best drone manufacturer CANNOT FIX one stupid error .... That's enough reason for me to sell my Air and go for another brand. TY and good luck with the error DIANA and DJI. Wish you all the best...... So mad at you. I am not flying my drone cuz you guys cannot fix one simple message as you say... WELL IF IT IS SO SIMPLE WHY YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO FIX IT?
2018-5-21
Use props
fans8512f205
lvl.2
Italy

it happened to me after the update. my drone has about 2 hours of flight, it's new. I was flying in very good conditions without wind and the message suddenly appeared. The drone returned home without any problem and I continued to fly it for 15 minutes. Update the app soon ... thanks!
2018-5-22
Use props
NADIRICA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200732 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

THE SAME PROBLEM IS HERE .
AFTER UPDATING CREATED
2018-5-22
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

It, s not only a message.....

The dron is out of control. Something similar happened to me some days ago.....

2018-5-22
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

amrey Posted at 2018-5-22 06:47
It, s not only a message.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5UlSzmXdE&t=57s

What did DJI say when you opened a ticket?
2018-5-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

amrey Posted at 2018-5-22 06:47
It, s not only a message.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5UlSzmXdE&t=57s

Thank you for the heads up.  Certainly, sounding like this is much more than just a 'cosmetic' error.  Appears it can actually impact the flight performance.  Very helpful to know!  I'll warn some of my viewers on my YouTube Channel as well.  
2018-5-22
Use props
Danny80
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everyone ! I'm new to this forum. I bought my Mavic Air  about two weeks ago. It is really AWESOME and I love it.  I also am having issues with the motor current error. To me it only happens when I am descending for several seconds. As soon as I stop the drone into hovering, the message goes away....
2018-5-22
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179829 ft
United States

Danny80 Posted at 2018-5-22 10:53
Hi everyone ! I'm new to this forum. I bought my Mavic Air  about two weeks ago. It is really AWESOME and I love it.  I also am having issues with the motor current error. To me it only happens when I am descending for several seconds. As soon as I stop the drone into hovering, the message goes away....

I guess consider yourself lucky(?) if it goes away quickly when you let go of the sticks.

For me, it usually stays on the screen until I land (I've had a FEW instances of message popping on and off.)  But for me I've had it hover several minutes and error stayed constant.  Also, it doesn't seem to matter for me whether I'm full stick or not... I've had it happen when trying to do smooth gentle movements also.

Yesterday my first lift had the error (constant.)
I landed (did not turn off controller or drone) and my 2nd lift didn't pop any messages at all.  My second lift I was full stick (sport mode) for about 200 yards straight and full stick up and down in sport mode no errors.  For me its totally inconsistent.

I saw my Android app has an update, but it doesn't mention this as being fixed in the notes.  (If as they say 'its an APP problem' this would be the place to fix it.   Maybe a language/communication error but it seems to be a FIRMWARE problem to me.... and they also said it should be fixed in next firmware?)

This is my first experience with DJI... is this typical to take so long to respond with solutions to these types of issues that THEY INTRODUCED?  This is my first drone, and like flying... but I'm nervous every time I take it up now (and its not due to MY lack of piloting skill anymore... its because I don't know if I can trust the thing to NOT fall out of the sky or divebomb someone in Track mode like previous videos have shown.)
2018-5-22
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93694 ft

How much more should we wait?
This one you should have an answer for.
2018-5-22
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-22 12:42
How much more should we wait?
This one you should have an answer for.

The answer is to sell your drone till its new so you can buy a new one I was so excited about the Air... now I watch it on my desk cuz I know it's not only a message....and they will say everything to keep the truth about it. They never thought there are some engineers here at the forum...software and hardware and they think they can lie to us about how small the issue is cuz they know you will go for another brand. How can a simple error become so hard to fix?
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules