Question Regarding Selfie Gesture
486 4 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidpiter98
New

Vietnam

I noticed that in the manual it states that for the selfie gesture to be recognized, follow mode needs to be engaged first, considering how far the Spark travels backwards when it engages follow mode, this doesn't really work indoors.

Please DJI, allow Selfie gesture during hand control mode or something!kk!
2018-5-6
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Indoor?! I would not use the Spark indoor, without a control, and much more in gesture mode. Imagine that you make the gesture with your hand without realizing it. Where will the Spark fly? In the walls!
2018-5-7
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-7 01:40
Indoor?! I would not use the Spark indoor, without a control, and much more in gesture mode. Imagine that you make the gesture with your hand without realizing it. Where will the Spark fly? In the walls!

On their promo video, the spark was used indoor to take a selfie. is this not possible?
2018-5-16
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-16 08:08
On their promo video, the spark was used indoor to take a selfie. is this not possible?

It is possible if it comes out. But all brands exaggerate a bit in their promotional videos. They also say that when using the gesture mode you have to make sure that you are in a very open area, without obstacles ... and why do you think that the indoor flight  is disabled by default?
2018-5-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can turn off the fly away gesture for indoors in the settings. I find that to get it to track you just stand back and hold your arms up in a V it will then flash and go green to show its following you. Then do the selfie gesture. They have updated this with the Air in that it automatically tracks the pilot from the moment it takes off and doesn't stop unless it loses you or someone else takes over.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules