Mavic Gimble Problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt K
lvl.1

Australia

Hi. I recently bought a mavic pro that was in a crash. Everything works fine except for the camera and gimble. Both the ribbon cable and transmission cable were broken. I have replaced the gimble cable already but have not yet received the camera cable. However, the gimble does not seem to work properly. When I turn the drone on, it acts like it is starting up but then loses power and just faces downwards. I cannot control it at all with the remote. Would this be a problem with the gimble itself, or will it be fixed when I put in the image transmission cable? I am happy to put a video of it online if that will help.
Thanks for any help you can give.

2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Matt, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. For the flight safety purpose, it is not recommended to repair the drone yourself, please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-5-7
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi Matt - unfortunately i think it is tough to say for sure if installing the new cable will make the unit work properly.If that is whats wrong then it should work (provided installation is done properly) however if that is not whats causing the problem then of course replacing the cable will likely not work. Point i am making is that sometimes a solution will fix a problem but other times a fix is not as obvious as it seems at first - certainly give it a try though.

Another option (if that does not work) is to send the drone back for a gimbal replacement - it costs a bit (not too much though) and at least then when you get it back you will have a unit that works properly.
2018-5-7
Use props
Matt K
lvl.1

I am just wondering if the image transmission cable affects the gimble at all or if they are two separate systems. Right now the transmission cable is broken so I have no image at all. Would that affect how the gimble works?
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules