DJI spark effective range WITH controller is about 100M
2062 10 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pepijn Eykenboom
New

Netherlands

Hello dear forum,

I've bought a DJI spack FLY more package around 3 a 4 months ago and hate to admit that im not able to understand why my spark doesnt even surpace the 100 meter mark. I've grown fond of my spark but the limitation of range even with the controller should be atleast more then 100 meters.

Things i've tried to fix this Problem:

- Tried a UTC cable.

This I will never do again, Once i was flying the overal range increased with about 100 meter but when I tried to land it everthing failed. I could not land my spark anymore nothing worked, tried putting the sticks down and woulden't go down - return to home did nothing - untill eventually the battery died and it crashed into the grass (Nothing broke thank god but I never using a OTG cable again)

- Reinstalling the app with removing the WIFI spark and reconnecting the RC plane to the controller and the phone (Several times)
- Watched countless video's of settings for optimal performance for the SPARK and it did not help
- Tried flying on several locations would not matter, I even went to a sort of mini mountain to try that out but it did not matter.

- Some additional Info

-I live in the Netherlands
-I fly around 30meters up into the air
-My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Tried with bluetooth on or of)
-I am from the netherlands so my English grammar isn't on point

So as you can see im kinda lost and in great need for some help of the experts

With regards,
Pepijn Eijkenboom.

2018-5-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12373104 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You have got  a PM
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Pepijn, it is still not recommended to use OTG at this moment. Please try to connect the mobile and RC via WiFi and disable the Bluetooth to see whether it works. Alternatively, you can switch between 2.4G and 5.8G to check.
2018-5-13
Use props
Parikshit kulkarni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163950 ft
Finland

Hi Susan,

If  Pepjin lives in  Europe, how can he connect with 2.4 G network with Anroid device. With newer software and firmware updates , I started believing that Spark has become teenagers toy rather than adult drone.
2018-5-13
Use props
Parikshit kulkarni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163950 ft
Finland

I doubt you will ever fly Spark beyond 100 m , without loosing signal or GPS or compass and lastly crash or loose
2018-5-13
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-13 00:16
Hey Pepijn, it is still not recommended to use OTG at this moment. Please try to connect the mobile and RC via WiFi and disable the Bluetooth to see whether it works. Alternatively, you can switch between 2.4G and 5.8G to check.

DJI Susan, how come you dont recommend using an OTG cable?
2018-5-18
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

Limitations of CE, pop to the states switch over to FCC and when you come home cancel the WiFi change request
2018-5-18
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I would highly recommend an OTG cable. If you select 2.4G the range will increase. If you force it to FCC mode, you will be surprised how far it will go without interruptions.
Maybe something else is the problem. For example is your compass calibrated? Or do you get errors when you start up your Spark?
2018-5-18
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Gotta ask..  I'm a newbie here but...  Had the same similar thing happening to me.
I still had beginner mode turned on.
2018-5-18
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

you should get out to 200m in CE mode , double check you are not in beginners mode
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GOSpark Posted at 2018-5-18 08:55
DJI Susan, how come you dont recommend using an OTG cable?

This feature is still under optimization. We'll release on our website if more news is available.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules