2149 43 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Playing with Autopilot´s waypoints.

A short video of this weekend running on the beach.

Brave enought to have the bird fly alone after me, while executing the pre-programmed waypoints... ;-)

(remote and phone was on beach´s sand)

2018-5-7
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

courageous of you!
2018-5-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Have flown some "missions" latley. Flawless. Gaining confidence.

2018-5-7
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Very confident! Nice views,
2018-5-7
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Too bad it was a little rough at the end, because it's an awesomely cool shot. Great demonstration of the power of waypoints.
2018-5-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-7 06:05
Too bad it was a little rough at the end, because it's an awesomely cool shot. Great demonstration of the power of waypoints.

When going down the Spark "eats" some of it´s own turbulence. Maybe, next time, I´ll program it to go down and forward at the same time to avoid it.
2018-5-7
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

What did you use to record audio? It's very well synchronized.
2018-5-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-7 08:02
What did you use to record audio? It's very well synchronized.

:-)

Just ran with my phone in hands recording a "movie" of my steps (maintaining the same pace / steps frequency). Striped (removed the image) and Synced this audio on the vid editor.

2018-5-7
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-5-7 07:44
When going down the Spark "eats" some of it´s own turbulence. Maybe, next time, I´ll program it to go down and forward at the same time to avoid it.

That will be good to know when I get to use waypoints. Thanks.

I have to say again that it was a really impressive shot, so far out of the ordinary.
2018-5-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-7 08:39
That will be good to know when I get to use waypoints. Thanks.

I have to say again that it was a really impressive shot, so far out of the ordinary.

Thanx =) ...
2018-5-7
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I'm very impressed by the video at the end.  Such a great shot of the sunrise on the water with you running.  Excellent!
2018-5-7
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

That was pretty cool... except you did not make any footprints while you ran... lol  Are you the Flash

Sidd
2018-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very beautiful shot.
Indeed it is not as smooth as Spark could be.
Not sure why that is.
2018-5-7
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Descending turbulence
2018-5-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-7 22:15
Very beautiful shot.
Indeed it is not as smooth as Spark could be.
Not sure why that is.

In the last part of the shot the Spark came from 30m to 3m in 6 seconds. It got turbulence of it´s own vortice. Next time, will program the waypoints to move it forward while descending avoiding this turbulence.

If it was a Mavic, for example, with it´s 3 axis gimbal, it would not happens (if you can see in the footage, the wobble is sideways - the absent gimbal axis)
2018-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-5-8 03:40
In the last part of the shot the Spark came from 30m to 3m in 6 seconds. It got turbulence of it´s own vortice. Next time, will program the waypoints to move it forward while descending avoiding this turbulence.

If it was a Mavic, for example, with it´s 3 axis gimbal, it would not happens (if you can see in the footage, the wobble is sideways - the absent gimbal axis)

Ah, ok, yes, that might be the difference.
Do you still have the 'air'?
(to give that one a try)
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

nice video, thanks for sharing.  Looks like i'll download Autopilot and give it a try
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-5-8 04:11
nice video, thanks for sharing.  Looks like i'll download Autopilot and give it a try

holly crap .. 39$  
2018-5-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-8 03:42
Ah, ok, yes, that might be the difference.
Do you still have the 'air'?
(to give that one a try)

Yes, I do. ;-)

Air becomes compatible with AutoPilot just last week.

Will try it out soon. =)
2018-5-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

LOL.

If you plan to enter the "world of waypoints", worth it. Believe me.
2018-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-5-8 04:14
Yes, I do. ;-)

Air becomes compatible with AutoPilot just last week.

Nice! Looking forward!
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-5-8 04:15
LOL.

If you plan to enter the "world of waypoints", worth it. Believe me.

I guess i'll bite the $$bullet
2018-5-8
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-5-8 09:04
I guess i'll bite the $$bullet

I signed up for the beta program. It's free. Usually takes a couple of weeks and then you get an email with link to install app. Seems we are all beta testers for DJI anyway lol
2018-5-8
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

The spark has wayward points?
2018-5-8
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is autopilot compatible w the spark?
2018-5-8
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's some very nice footage. I'll have to check out Autopilot now You are correct with Spark being buffeted a bit by it's own turbulence while descending or low to the ground.
2018-5-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Blellow Posted at 2018-5-8 19:46
Is autopilot compatible w the spark?

Surely yes
2018-5-9
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Nice! Will try it one day.
2018-5-9
Use props
Antpal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51575 ft
Germany

hi adriano!

How did you get autopilot to work properly? I'm having serious problems with it.
I startet a thread here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=147829&page=2&mobile=2#pid1349482

Thanks! You video is awesome by the way!
2018-5-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Brazil

Weird. For me just worked well from the beginning....
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_35ymB9CsQoBd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296112 ft
Croatia

Hi.

Can you explane how do you do that flight with spark?
Spark can do----pre-programmed waypoints?
2018-5-11
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_35ymB9CsQoBd Posted at 2018-5-11 12:38
Hi.

Can you explane how do you do that flight with spark?

Autopilot is a third party app that you can use instead of DJI Go 4. It has flight modes including waypoints. You can open up the app at home, plan a route on the map, go to your destination turn on your spark, and run the mission. This video was made using waypoint mode. I plotted an oval course (around the running track, and set the camera to focus on six different points. I set it to smoothly transition from one point on the track to the next one as it moved around the circuit. From start to finish all flight was automated, without me having to control the drone.
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

I don't see this app on the android playstore....is it only apple?
2018-5-11
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Australia

Yes only ios
2018-5-11
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-5-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Greg Glasson Posted at 2018-5-11 14:39
Autopilot is a third party app that you can use instead of DJI Go 4. It has flight modes including waypoints. You can open up the app at home, plan a route on the map, go to your destination turn on your spark, and run the mission. This video was made using waypoint mode. I plotted an oval course (around the running track, and set the camera to focus on six different points. I set it to smoothly transition from one point on the track to the next one as it moved around the circuit. From start to finish all flight was automated, without me having to control the drone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67Dy-jJIoQ&t=67s

Hi Greg,

That's cool! I purchased AutoPilot and am reading the docs thoroughly before my first flight with it. I am interested in that you said you planned your route at home. In my initial experimenting when planning any of the flight modes the map that is displayed is your current location, and whilst you can drag the map to another you then have to do the same with your waypoints etc. Have you found a way of selecting your flight location, and then starting to plot waypoints etc.? I thought that this may be a limitation due to safety considerations, i.e. can't accurately check for height, obstacles etc. if you're not at the flight site.
2018-5-11
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Australia

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-11 18:34
Hi Greg,

That's cool! I purchased AutoPilot and am reading the docs thoroughly before my first flight with it. I am interested in that you said you planned your route at home. In my initial experimenting when planning any of the flight modes the map that is displayed is your current location, and whilst you can drag the map to another you then have to do the same with your waypoints etc. Have you found a way of selecting your flight location, and then starting to plot waypoints etc.? I thought that this may be a limitation due to safety considerations, i.e. can't accurately check for height, obstacles etc. if you're not at the flight site.

Yep sometimes when I have been at home inside and startup autopilot the map shows Stonehenge. I'm a long way from there lol. I just zoom out, scroll to my part of the world where I want to film and start plotting waypoints. I usually use my ipad air as it has a bigger screen (but no GPS).Sometimes I'm able to scout out a location first, when I get there I startup autopilot and save the location as a mission and add some waypoints or camera focus. I save the mission to the cloud and load it up on my iphone 8 plus when I'm on location. So that's how I've been using it, the video I posted was all plotted at home, so I'm not sure why you are having problems...
2018-5-11
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Australia

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-11 18:34
Hi Greg,

Also as a bit of advice, just start with practicing with the easy modes first to get the hang of how to use the app. Make a zipline in your back yard and watch how the drone moves between the two points, try out different focus points. If you are like me you will freak out a bit when you first start using it and the app takes over control of your drone. Remember to flick it into sports mode and autopilot will disengage and you can take back manual control.
2018-5-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Greg Glasson Posted at 2018-5-11 19:09
Yep sometimes when I have been at home inside and startup autopilot the map shows Stonehenge. I'm a long way from there lol. I just zoom out, scroll to my part of the world where I want to film and start plotting waypoints. I usually use my ipad air as it has a bigger screen (but no GPS).Sometimes I'm able to scout out a location first, when I get there I startup autopilot and save the location as a mission and add some waypoints or camera focus. I save the mission to the cloud and load it up on my iphone 8 plus when I'm on location. So that's how I've been using it, the video I posted was all plotted at home, so I'm not sure why you are having problems...

Thanks for the reply. It's probably beginner issues for me ;) .. I'll keep studying the docs and play around with the app more. I'm sure it will be fine in the end.
2018-5-11
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Greg Glasson Posted at 2018-5-11 19:14
Also as a bit of advice, just start with practicing with the easy modes first to get the hang of how to use the app. Make a zipline in your back yard and watch how the drone moves between the two points, try out different focus points. If you are like me you will freak out a bit when you first start using it and the app takes over control of your drone. Remember to flick it into sports mode and autopilot will disengage and you can take back manual control.

Yep, good advice. Pretty windy down my way at the moment, so I'll just have to be satisfied with fiddling with the app for the time being.
2018-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules