Mavic rotating while hovering and is not flying straight?
35645 15 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Degerman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55640 ft
Sweden

Hello, i have a problem with my new mavic pro. I have two videos that shows it very clearly. My first problem is that the drone while hovering is rotating by itself, anyone know a fix?
I have updated firmware, remote controller calibrated, compass calibrated, imu calibrated.

Video: http://sendvid.com/63mrlzgz

Second problem is that my drone isnt flying straight while pushing right stick forward. It starts off forward but after 10m it starts to fly sideways at the same time it moves forward and when im letting go of the sticks it is starting to drift a lot to the left (same side it starts to drag to) it brakes forward but doesnt know it flies sideways so it drift 1-2 m to the left before stopping.

Video: http://sendvid.com/027c1xlo

Anyone know a fix to theese? Might it be the compass that is making me have these issues? I am going to try and go to another place to calibrate my compass but i am worried it wont have any effect at all!

Thanks for the help!

PS let the video load before watching since i forgot to downscale the videos!!
2018-5-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I had that problem and reset my Mavic Pro firmware on the craft, remote controller, and battery. I also calibrated both the compass and IMU, especially the Remote Controller.
2018-5-7
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

I'm having the same exact issue.   I posted on the Firmware Update feed however.  I've done a reset on the Firmware, but am still having the issue.  Not able to rollback to a previous firmware either.  
2018-5-7
Use props
Degerman
lvl.1
Sweden

I talked to DJI, they said if you have calibrated IMU, Compass and linked your remote controller and the problem still presists i would send in my drone and they would cover the cost of the shipping and so on!

I am going to recalibrate it all (factory reset maybe) and see if it does anything else it goes straight to DJI
2018-5-7
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're flying with a mobile device that contains magnets (like an iPad), make sure the magnets are positioned away from the remote controller sticks. For iPads, that means the home button should be on the right side of the remote controller.

If that's not causing the problem, then check out the CSV file that's generated after uploading your TXT flight log here. It'll show the position of the remote controller sticks. That'll at least tell you whether or not the remote controller is commanding the Mavic to move.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

This is a problem that's will known to many DJI Mavic Pro owners, but it's ignored by DJI. You can read about it in several posts on this forum, including mine, here https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html

With respect to the suggestion that the magnets on an iPad can change the flight characteristics of the aircraft if they are close to the controller sticks, I have not found that to be the case. Inspection of the flight logs does not show any stick input when the aircraft's flight party deviates, or when it rotate during hovering. One of my Mavic Pro aircraft yawed to the right by 200 yards for every 300 yards of forward flight.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Degerman Posted at 2018-5-7 07:14
I talked to DJI, they said if you have calibrated IMU, Compass and linked your remote controller and the problem still presists i would send in my drone and they would cover the cost of the shipping and so on!

I am going to recalibrate it all (factory reset maybe) and see if it does anything else it goes straight to DJI

If you send in your Mavic to DJI, they will repair "something", but then send you someone else's refurbished drone. It is very unlikely that you will get your original "repaired" aircraft back. If you're sending in a new Mavic Pro, understand that you will get a refurbished unit back which may have hundreds or thousands of hours on it and you will not know its history or how close to failure any of the parts may be. I returned a refurbished aircraft to DJI without flying it, and upon receiving it, they accidentally tested it and found the gimbal controller board was defective! Refurbished Mavic Pro aircraft have serial numbers which end in "R", or which have "R" as the 10th digit (as confirmed to me by DJI supervisor).
2018-5-7
Use props
Degerman
lvl.1
Sweden

What do you suppose i do then? If it does not work i will send it to them, i cant fly like this and un worst case scenario i get a refurbuashied that might work. Else i just send it in again!
2018-5-7
Use props
Degerman
lvl.1
Sweden

Excuse me for my misspelling
I meant to say i might get refurbished one that might not work i will send that one back also...

I am going to question them to make sure i get mine back. I am going to say that i mark it somehow to make sure i get the same back!
2018-5-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

Degerman Posted at 2018-5-7 10:03
Excuse me for my misspelling
I meant to say i might get refurbished one that might not work i will send that one back also...

I bought directly from DJI. That was the worst mistake I've made in a long time. If you buy it from a regular store, you can return it and get a new aircraft that day. You can test it, and if it's no good, you return it again, get a refund, and buy it somewhere else. If you buy it from DJI.com, you're stuck returning it to them.

If it's a brand new aircraft, like mine was (just a few days old), you can return it for a refund, or exchange. If you choose to exchange it, you SHOULD get a new one back, but DJI support is so messed up, that you may get a refurbished unit instead of a new unit.

While trying to get one properly functioning Mavic Pro, I went through FIVE Mavic Pro aircraft. It took a LOT of emailing and telephone calls to make sure I got a NEW aircraft in exchange for my days old defective aircraft... But even then, I was sent two refurbished models "by mistake"! Every replacement aircraft suffered from the same problems, to varying degrees. I was promised that they'd take a new aircraft off the shelf, visually and electronically check it for problems, fly it, video record it, check the flight logs... And then send it to me if it all checked out. They did none of that! The aircraft they sent me had all the stickers on it, had no flight logs, had no video footage on the SD card, and the battery had never been charged. When I questioned them about what HAD been done, they stopped responding!
Mavic Pro number 5 is the one I still have. It still drifts to the right when flying straight. It still rotates while hovering, and it still zooms to the right and left when braking in Sport Mode... Just less badly than the others. DJI finally told me that based on everything I'd sent them (video from the aircraft, video of the aircraft, flight logs, comparison video of two Mavic Pro - mine and a friend's - flying at the same place, at the same time, in the same conditions, with his flying straight, and mine drifting, and each other flying the others aircraft!), that my Mavic Pro was "behaving normally"!

So I'm stuck with a Mavic Pro that drifts and rotates, and zooms to the side when under  braking in Sport Mode. If yours does that too, be happy... According to DJI you have an aircraft which is "behaving normally", and everyone else got a defective one!
2018-5-7
Use props
Degerman
lvl.1
Sweden

I bought from a regular online store in Sweden, i will talk to them if it doesnt get fixed with a new compass calibration
2018-5-7
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-5-7 08:03
If you send in your Mavic to DJI, they will repair "something", but then send you someone else's refurbished drone. It is very unlikely that you will get your original "repaired" aircraft back. If you're sending in a new Mavic Pro, understand that you will get a refurbished unit back which may have hundreds or thousands of hours on it and you will not know its history or how close to failure any of the parts may be. I returned a refurbished aircraft to DJI without flying it, and upon receiving it, they accidentally tested it and found the gimbal controller board was defective! Refurbished Mavic Pro aircraft have serial numbers which end in "R", or which have "R" as the 10th digit (as confirmed to me by DJI supervisor).

This is not true at all. I sent in my air to be fixed and they gave me a brand new one along with a new controller.
2018-6-4
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

JERRY K Posted at 2018-6-4 11:22
This is not true at all. I sent in my air to be fixed and they gave me a brand new one along with a new controller.

It depends on how new your drone is, and, apparently, how generous DJI is at the time they receive your drone.

I know from personal experience that my NEW drone was replaced with refurbished aircraft, twice. In one case, I was told I would receive a new aircraft, but I confirmed that it was a refurbished unit by looking at the serial number, then calling DJI and having a tech confirm it, then again in email.

I was told by a DJI supervisor at their service center, that their standard operating practice is to repair drones sent to them, and then send a refurbished unit ("all the refurbs come from China") , not the original drone, back to the customer.

If you really got a new drone to replace your defective aircraft, you were lucky. How do you know it was new? Did you check the serial number?
See this thread for full details: https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html
2018-6-5
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-6-5 21:20
It depends on how new your drone is, and, apparently, how generous DJI is at the time they receive your drone.

I know from personal experience that my NEW drone was replaced with refurbished aircraft, twice. In one case, I was told I would receive a new aircraft, but I confirmed that it was a refurbished unit by looking at the serial number, then calling DJI and having a tech confirm it, then again in email.

Yes checked the serial numbers the peel off stickers were on the drone and the remote- Everything was new.
I think once the word crashed drone is used you will not get a new one. From start to finish I had it back in 2.5 weeks.
2018-6-6
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-5-7 10:26
I bought directly from DJI. That was the worst mistake I've made in a long time. If you buy it from a regular store, you can return it and get a new aircraft that day. You can test it, and if it's no good, you return it again, get a refund, and buy it somewhere else. If you buy it from DJI.com, you're stuck returning it to them.

If it's a brand new aircraft, like mine was (just a few days old), you can return it for a refund, or exchange. If you choose to exchange it, you SHOULD get a new one back, but DJI support is so messed up, that you may get a refurbished unit instead of a new unit.

I was experiencing some of your same issues- Mainly the drone would rotate to the right when descending. It would also drift to the right when trying to fly in a straight line. They told me both mother boards were bad and replaced the drone and the remote
2018-6-6
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

JERRY K Posted at 2018-6-6 11:55
I was experiencing some of your same issues- Mainly the drone would rotate to the right when descending. It would also drift to the right when trying to fly in a straight line. They told me both mother boards were bad and replaced the drone and the remote

I got 5 replacements due to the problems. Each one had all the stickers, and packaging, just like a new drone. But 2 of the replacements were refurbished. If there's an "R" in the 10th position in the serial number, or an "R" at the end of the serial number, then it's a refurb. DJI's repair policy is clear, if you return it within X-number of days, you can get a new aircraft, or your money back. After that, it's totally their discretion as to whether you get a new, or refurbished aircraft. If you crashed your drone, and they determine it was not your fault, you will, almost certainly, get a refurbished aircraft.

One of the refurbished aircraft I received, I returned without flying it. By mistake, it ended up on their repair desk. They found the gimbal controller board was faulty and replaced it! In other words, they sent out a defective refurbished aircraft as if it was "new". My guess is, when its original owner sent it in, it was not properly repaired, but just put on the refurbished shelf, until it was sent to me.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules