Very Disappointed
2156 12 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grim reefer123
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bought a Spark fly more combo today.
Have been trying for the last 8 hours to connect to the RC. RC will not pair with the spark or connect to phone on wifi. RED FLASHING f####n light is all i get.
Watched every Youtube video searched DJI forums.
A lot of people are having the same problem and DJI have no answers i havent seen one reply with a fix from DJI.
Am taking back to shop for a refund and will never bye DJI crap again.

THANKS FOR NOTHINK DJI. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
DO NOT BYE THIS DRONE....................................
2018-5-7
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft

did you contact to DJI support? it takes time to answer to your question a little bit, but they always answer to a question. GOOD LUCK  
2018-5-7
Use props
matthewkelly
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I had the same issues. First of all, make sure all batteries are charged above 50% (Phone, Drone, Controller). If that doesn’t help, call DJI and have them walk you through the process. It can be frustrating but it’s all worth it. Good luck!
2018-5-7
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Don't be disappointed just do the follwings:

1- Start The RC only, wait for the red light to stop flashing.
2- Press and hold the power button till you hear RC beeps then turn off the RC.

3- Start the Spark and wait seconds then press and hold the power button till you hear 3 times beeping, then turn off the Spark.
4- Start the Spark again and wait seconds then press and hold the power button till you hear only 2 times beeping, then turn off the Spark.

5- Start the RC and wait for the red led to stop flashing.
6- Start the Spark and wait seconds.

Now ready for linking

Press and hold Spark's power button till you hear 1 time beeping and immediately press and hold the three buttons in the RC ( Pause+Fn+customise ) till you hear RC beeping put it close 10 CM near the Spark.

That's it.
2018-5-7
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Bought a Spark fly more combo today.
Have been trying for the last 8 hours to connect to the RC. RC will not pair with the spark or connect to phone on wifi. RED FLASHING f####n light is all i get.
Watched every Youtube video searched DJI forums.
A lot of people are having the same problem and DJI have no answers i havent seen one reply with a fix from DJI.
Am taking back to shop for a refund and will never bye DJI crap again.

THANKS FOR NOTHINK DJI. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
DO NOT BYE THIS DRONE....................................

Welcome to the DJI Spark forums.

Great first post.  Have you RTFM?

2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hundreds thousands sold and connected and working fine, so maybe take a step back relax and explain what’s going wrong for you and you might get some help, it can be frustrating for some at first but once your up and running this will all disappear.
2018-5-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope my advice helps.  As others have said, hold on and give this a try.  
I've had great success using the Support Chat service.  Expect to spend an hour or more as the tech "talks" you through your issue(s).  

-In preparation, make sure your batteries are fully charged and that you've updated all the firmware and DJI Go4.  
-Make some notes that you can refer to.  
-Outline each step that you've followed being as specific as possible.  When I prepared I typed the notes into the "notepad" so I could cut-n-paste the answers into the Chat Session.  
-If you can, do all this on a desktop or laptop computer.
-You might also have an online version of both the Spark and the Remote Control open and on the computer desktop too (just incase they refer to a specific section).  
-And finally, if there IS something wrong with the aircraft, the Chat host can start a Case ticket and use your chat session as the documentation.  Hope you can give it a try.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for the late response. Please refer this video and try to link RC. If still no luck, please let us know which step do you stuck, we'd like to help.

2018-5-13
Use props
grim reefer123
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
I sincerely apologise for the tone of my first post/rant.

It was the end of a frustrating day.
I did try all your suggestions before I posted.
The RC would not connect to the spark in fact it would not enter pairing mode at all, I could fly using my phone however.
I am new to drones but not new to technology, I do know how to troubleshoot and tried everything.
I returned it to the shop for a replacement but there were none in stock., am awaiting new stock and will give it another try.

Again I apologise for my first post.
Thank you very much for your replies.
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You need to set the Spark to connect to Remote, right now it is set to connect to the Phone -

After the Spark has been powered on, press and hold the power button for:

Step 1 ) 3 seconds (or until you hear 1 beep) to link the remote controller to the Spark <------- When you here 1 beep take off your finger from the Button

Step 2 ) 6 seconds (or until you hear 2 beeps) to disconnect the remote controller (so you can enable virtual joysticks on the Phone)

Step 3) 9 seconds (or until you hear 3 beeps) to reset the Wi-Fi

Here you go Buddy ! Video shows how to reset Wifi, use this to do Step 1 Only. Connect Spark to Remote - 1 BEEP

2018-5-13
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Patience ,,, take a deep breath and start all over, you will be rewarded with some great flying and video experiences. I had the same issue just could not connect the RC to the Drone, just red light and constant beeping. However after a few more tries, you tube videos and questions asked I got it working. Now its just a matter of switching on, connection made, and go fly,,                                                                  (oh, also check the battery latched, and Home Point updated)  
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Flighty Posted at 2018-5-13 04:31
Patience ,,, take a deep breath and start all over, you will be rewarded with some great flying and video experiences. I had the same issue just could not connect the RC to the Drone, just red light and constant beeping. However after a few more tries, you tube videos and questions asked I got it working. Now its just a matter of switching on, connection made, and go fly,,                                                                  (oh, also check the battery latched, and Home Point updated)

Well said Flighty, sometimes in life we Panic and things Get Worse as we cannot concentrate or think because we are Angry.

Best is to Calm Down, even take a Break and return to the Problem.

2018-5-13
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

grim reefer123 Posted at 2018-5-13 03:48
Hi,
I sincerely apologise for the tone of my first post/rant.

In the case of the Spark does not entering pair mode it wouldn't beeps when you press and hold the power button. In this case it should be replaced.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules