3998 56 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-11 14:06
After taking a break from possibility of Mavic Pro P's hardare being senstive to vibrations, went back out to try some gentle finger tapping to simulate vibrations of putting MPP down.
But before I could get anywhere, I ran into following Main Controller data error (see CS-Ub screen snaps).

Is your drone a brand new mavic pro or a refreshed or second hand one?

My reason for asking is: maybe dji has changed one or some internal parts (like maybe processor chip or something).
At one point early in the mavics life dji changed battery suppliers (as noted on the manufacturer details) - therefore perhaps it is possible they also changed one or two other hardware aspects.
This could theoretically explain why the same coding software could behave somewhat differently over different drones.

In the beginning there were a number of unexplained lost drones. I know that my very first crash was an unexplained event.

My drone was bought March 2017 so it was manufactured probably about a month or so before that - which turns out was either one of the last drones produced and sent out before chinese  new year 2017 or one of the first produced and sent out after returning to work from chinese new year 2017.

anyway - an idea when your drone was manufactured?

2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-11 14:06
After taking a break from possibility of Mavic Pro P's hardare being senstive to vibrations, went back out to try some gentle finger tapping to simulate vibrations of putting MPP down.
But before I could get anywhere, I ran into following Main Controller data error (see CS-Ub screen snaps).

thats horrible - eish.
I do not get that error message.

at least it gives some information to go on - lets hope it gets you somewhere productive.

See my previous post for a reasonable theory on how it could be that not all MP owners are affected equally by the same software updates (if different drone batches contain parts that were modified or improved on during the production evolution ie: a processing chip from a different supplier or different encoding in the intelligent battery circuits between different suppliers)

If you ask me why then does it not affect more people - then my suggestion would be that its because most of those others drones may already be lost entirely or had their problem care refreshed away - HOWEVER - that would mean simply passing it on to someone else (if the theory i presented has some weight)
2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-11 13:05
Brief update on Pixelation problem.

Today I was messing around with Magnetic Interference and compass deviations.  Part of testing required CS-Ub, RC to be powed on, MPP read to fly, and GO-4 app running.

Hey hedgetrimmer - there is a lot of post going between us right now.

May i suggest that we keep throwing ideas to each other and keep sharing what new tests we are trying.

Then at some later point we can do a mini consolidation of where we think we are at.
We could compile a list of all the things we have considered and start by ticking off those ideas that seem most unlikely and see whats left and take it from there.

i appreciate that you have a life outside of your mavic pro - me too.
Lets do the best we can for as long as we can.
Hopefully we will be successful before we cant continue any more.
2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-11 16:15
Since I can't rip my drone apart without voiding warranty; as much as I would like to at moment.
Going to try down grading firmware.  There has been lots of reports of latest firmware causing problems.  I know I did update firmware prior to when Pixelation problem started and prior to Main Controller data error.

my drone warentee expired but i am still too nervous to open my drone - perhaps i should get over that and open the little sucker up just to see what i see.
I did open the fist cover for a peek and noticed that the blue heat gel looks well worn. I do not expect it to be new looking but was a bit surprised at its condition.

In time to come i may open my drone more for a better look but prefer to leave that as an absolute last resort because i am scared of bricking my drone..
2018-5-12
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer

You was so lucky it wasn’t badly damaged
2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Gregbella Posted at 2018-5-12 02:19
You was so lucky it wasn’t badly damaged

thanks greg - yes lucky indeed.
2018-5-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-12 00:12
Is your drone a brand new mavic pro or a refreshed or second hand one?

My reason for asking is: maybe dji has changed one or some internal parts (like maybe processor chip or something).

I bought my MPP brand new from DJI.
I will have to look into MPP's Manufacturing date
I did buy MPP Jan. 2018 - but it could have been made long before that.
2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-12 06:53
I bought my MPP brand new from DJI.
I will have to look into MPP's Manufacturing date
I did buy MPP Jan. 2018 - but it could have been made long before that.

Just to confirm: is your issue with your MP or MPP.?

The manufacture date of the problem craft would be interesting because it offers the possibility of scratching off 'batch issue' from the list of possibilities.
2018-5-12
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-9 17:57
also similar is that it is mostly bottom half of the screen and if it does go full screen than it starts with half screen first.

Thus far, same here.

hey hedgetrimmer -
i believe you said before that you are set to 'True color'?
Previously i was on true color and then i switched to Blue - it may be coincidence but since about 2 weeks ago when i switched to 'vivid' my pixelation issue has been magnificently reduced.
One day i did set it back to Blue again and almost immediately had issues again.
I then set it back to vivid and it can right again.

As a simple test perhaps you could try using vivid for a few batteries and see what results you get.

Today i flew ain bright mid day sunlight with glare - only for a short period (a few seconds) did i get a pixilation issue but then it went away and did not return.

Also i am using auto camera settings again - that has been my only other change to my settings - half got a feeling that this seems to have helped a bit also - will play some more and let you know if these possibilities strike out or if they gain further interest.
2018-5-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-12 12:15
Just to confirm: is your issue with your MP or MPP.?

The manufacture date of the problem craft would be interesting because it offers the possibility of scratching off 'batch issue' from the list of possibilities.

Mine is with DJI's Mavic Pro Platinum
2018-5-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-12 12:32
hey hedgetrimmer -
i believe you said before that you are set to 'True color'?
Previously i was on true color and then i switched to Blue - it may be coincidence but since about 2 weeks ago when i switched to 'vivid' my pixelation issue has been magnificently reduced.

It has been to windy to do anything but low-level flying in protected areas, down wind side of forest.
Thus little time for video testing.

I was also dealing with "Main Controller data error" that popped up.  
At the moment it that error has gone away.

What changed from before and now?  
Drone sat not flying for a day.  AND...
I downgrade firmware on drone to previous version.  
Additionally, previous version I had flown with out Pixellation problem.  Whether going back to previous version has resolved Pixellation problem needs longer flights at 30 to 100 feet alt.
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-13 11:08
It has been to windy to do anything but low-level flying in protected areas, down wind side of forest.
Thus little time for video testing.

my pixelation issue is not bad right now - just a few spots occassionally that go away quite quickly.
(long may it last
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-13 10:58
Mine is with DJI's Mavic Pro Platinum

gee that is interesting - so it is with MPP also.
I did always wonder if the MPP was entirely new range and manufacture or if they are pimped older mavic pros?
I guess i will never know the answer to that which is really too bad because that answer could possibly help us get closer to whats causing our issues.
2018-5-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-13 11:36
gee that is interesting - so it is with MPP also.
I did always wonder if the MPP was entirely new range and manufacture or if they are pimped older mavic pros?
I guess i will never know the answer to that which is really too bad because that answer could possibly help us get closer to whats causing our issues.

MPP is in my opinion a slightly improved version of Mavic Pro, with a fancy paint job.  Thus, 'pimped' is a fair term.

Slightly
- coming from higher price tag.  Cause as everyone knows, more dollars the better, right?  
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-13 12:41
MPP is in my opinion a slightly improved version of Mavic Pro, with a fancy paint job.  Thus, 'pimped' is a fair term.

Slightly - coming from higher price tag.  Cause as everyone knows, more dollars the better, right?

Well at least we know for sure that it is not the paint job causing our problems
2018-5-13
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

India

Damn you are lucky. Mu drone struck a tree and gone. All the recordings just gone!!
Physical damage too.
For recordings people recommended Stellar so I used that but for damage I'm still stuck.
2018-5-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Ellinor William Posted at 2018-5-23 22:53
Damn you are lucky. Mu drone struck a tree and gone. All the recordings just gone!!
Physical damage too.
For recordings people recommended Stellar so I used that but for damage I'm still stuck.

thats aweful - sorry to hear your drone is damaged - i had a crash that caused damage in my early days so i know how you feel.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules