SPARK FLEW AWAY
44673 21 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparksareus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

I did the usual pre flight checks compass imu.
I sent the spark up as i have done many times, RTH point recorded and it went to about 40 feet.
Almost immediately the aircraft drifted about and then it disconnected. It then flew away and i have not seen it since.
This was the only time i had a problem with the drone and am now absolutely gutted due to mlove of the sprot and the price of the drone.
Is there any way that Dji would send another spark or do i simply have to swallow the bitterest pill? The thought of someone finding my drone is eating me alive.
Please help.

Bill

2018-5-7
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I sent the spark up as i have done many times, RTH point recorded and it went to about 40 feet.
Almost immediately the aircraft drifted about and then it disconnected. It then flew away and i have not seen it since.
This was the only time i had a problem with the drone and am now absolutely gutted due to my love of the sport and the price of the drone.
Is there any way that Dji would send another spark or do i simply have to swallow the bitterest pill? The thought of someone finding my drone is eating me alive.
Please help.

Bill
2018-5-7
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-5-7
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-7 10:12

This has really put me off drones. I thought that the Spark could not get lost.
It lost signal only a few meters from me, it went a little mad and then just took off sort of turning around and around as it went. I have the flight log and this shows it taking off but then signal was lost. The drone looks like its spinning on the log and the distances, speeds, alt all seemed to go haywire.
I feel that Dji should have a responsibility to replace drones that fly away.
2018-5-7
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Got a link to the log so we can see what you're describing?
2018-5-7
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

im trying to see how i transfer the data log from my phone to my laptop
2018-5-7
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You can find instructions at my link above.
2018-5-7
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft

if you are using android, the file path is "/DJI/dij.go.v(version number here)/FlightRecord"
file name is like DJIFlightRecord_year_month_date_[...].txt

you can upload your record here
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-7 10:12

Bill, I feel sorry for your experience. And I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Please provide the flight records to our support to locate the problem.
2018-5-7
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI Guys.
I have followed your advise and have opened a case with Dji. They were very helpful and i feel optimistic about the outcome. I had to send the log and all the details they wanted on my phone ( i'm too dumb ) to do it on the laptop hahaha. Anyway guys i will keep you updated as and when i know more. Thanks again.
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Unfortunately i have no idea how to create a link  so that you can look for yourselves at my flight log, also i am using a windows laptop hence i had to send the log from my iphone

Any suggestions welcome
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sample pics. don't know if it works
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The best i could do i'm afraid. look at the  later photos as they show the alts, dist etc all going mad.
2018-5-8
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-8 09:51
Unfortunately i have no idea how to create a link  so that you can look for yourselves at my flight log, also i am using a windows laptop hence i had to send the log from my iphone

Any suggestions welcome

You can upload your log here, then post the link in this thread, for folks to give their opinion.
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-8 10:47

You can upload your log here, then post the link in this thread, for folks to give their opinion.

Thanks.
But my problem is getting the video log from my phone to my windows laptop
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-8 10:53
Thanks.

i'm not very clever when it comes to tech matters
2018-5-8
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-8 10:53
Thanks.

Can't you use Google Drive, One drive or any other free drives available?
2018-5-8
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Just the other day I helped my mother by phone to create and share a drive folder online. I'm not being condescending, if you need help with this I can help you.
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-8 11:00
Just the other day I helped my mother by phone to create and share a drive folder online. I'm not being condescending, if you need help with this I can help you.

No not at all, help please hahaha
2018-5-8
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Sparksareus Posted at 2018-5-8 11:02
No not at all, help please hahaha

Do you have a gmail account? If you do, you automatically have access to your google drive. Try and find the Google drive app, if you don't have it just install it from the store. After you do this, enter the app, log in with your gmail account and find the upload button. Once you find it, upload your video log. After the log is up, go to your windows laptop, open a browser and search for Google drive. Enter it by using your gmail account. You'll find your log there. You can download it and then it's on your laptop.
Hope this helps.
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparksareus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-8 11:08
Do you have a gmail account? If you do, you automatically have access to your google drive. Try and find the Google drive app, if you don't have it just install it from the store. After you do this, enter the app, log in with your gmail account and find the upload button. Once you find it, upload your video log. After the log is up, go to your windows laptop, open a browser and search for Google drive. Enter it by using your gmail account. You'll find your log there. You can download it and then it's on your laptop.
Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for this. I will have a go.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules