Horizontal lines in video
1952 13 2018-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve ash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1352 ft

Hi, could any one help me, I keep getting horizontal lines in my videos and on my iPhone when I’m flying? Is my camera broke? Or is it something to do with over exsposure? Thanks.
2018-5-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

A photo would be great to see what you mean....
Did you ever crash or drop it, has it had repairs on it??
The camera cables are very tiny, and part of them are exposed ( just changed mine so i know).  
2018-5-7
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-7 11:58
A photo would be great to see what you mean....
Did you ever crash or drop it, has it had repairs on it??
The camera cables are very tiny, and part of them are exposed ( just changed mine so i know).

Nothing wrong when taking photos comes out perfect. Never crashed it never dropped it, brought it brand new last week. No repairs. It’s done it ever since I brought it. Even when I’m flying and not recording I’m getting the lines and very distorted screen.
2018-5-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Steve ash Posted at 2018-5-7 12:03
Nothing wrong when taking photos comes out perfect. Never crashed it never dropped it, brought it brand new last week. No repairs. It’s done it ever since I brought it. Even when I’m flying and not recording I’m getting the lines and very distorted screen.

Try resetting .. Or chance to 2.4 ghz mode
2018-5-7
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I would return/exchange it. You shouldn't have any lines or any other issues with your video. Lighting won't cause this. Do the lines show up in the original video taken from Spark's SD card?

One other thing you could try would be formatting the SD card while in the Spark via the Go4 app. Also is your SD card fast enough to handle HD video recording?
2018-5-7
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yeah I think I might just return it, but I will format see if that helps. The lines show up in the DJI go app in all the videos, but not in all on sd card, the picture is just really blurry and when I’ve filmed people walking it’s like there moving real quick jumping almost.
The sd card I’m using is scan disk extreme plus 32g U3 A1 V30 is this any good? What do you think?
11FD8C2E-C533-4B86-B77F-9A0485CD891F.jpeg
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Steve, just to verify, does the issue only appear on the mobile, and the photos of SD card come out well, right? If yes, please kindly upload some screenshots for better assistance, thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes on the mobile. Haven’t tried it on a computer yet. The photos on the app and the sd card come out really well.
2018-5-8
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That’s a screen shot from a video.
C26C0D0A-8B29-41EB-A657-441518157DB6.png
2018-5-8
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

The videofeed on your phone is compressed and only in 720p.
your picture looks quite normal, quality should get better and less artifacts when camera hovers for a few seconds in the same place.
gimbal tilt and movement will cause distortion artifacts.

best to record your screen while flying and upload it for us to see if there is a real issue here.
2018-5-8
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1

I know it’s compressed and it won’t look as crisp, but no way should everything be a blur, why am I getting horizontal lines? Why are peolpe walking then all of a sudden skipping?
2018-5-8
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

its lag and tear because the connection gets bad?
this can happen when the ac gest to close to the remote or too far away.
everything between 3 meters and 100 meters distance should work fine unless there is very much interference.
2018-5-8
Use props
Steve ash
lvl.1

All sorted now, phone DJI told me to format sd card delete app re download, now everything is working fine. Brilliant picture quality no lines nothing. Thanks people
2018-5-8
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Steve ash Posted at 2018-5-8 01:20
That’s a screen shot from a video.

Are the lines scrollin vertical over the screen, possible it is prop-shade. If it happens again try rotating a bit and see if they disappear.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules