Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-5-8 05:47
Are you kidding? . This one uses Ocusync, which is an enormous upgrade from Lightbridge. Specifically, it'll allow using the DJI goggles wirelessly like with the Mavic Pro, if my understanding of the FAQ is correct. So no more hacking the firmware and dealing with plugging and unplugging. Or tearing up your transmitter with a crappy HDMI module for $100 that has more latency and crappier resolution. So you can use the goggles now so you can actually frame a shot without having to rely on a tiny, crappy little invisible tablet or smart phone - you just use that for telemetry and managing settings and you can forget it while you're doing your actual work FPV with the goggles, like you're supposed to ...

Course, we'll have to see how buggy the firmware is, but in the 50/50 chance it does happen to work out of the box without the usual 4 month wait for updates to get it working, this is a huge upgrade....

Both ocusync and lightbridge have the same distance spec.
2018-5-8
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-5-8 19:22
Both ocusync and lightbridge have the same distance spec.

But as I said, ocusync allows using the goggles wirelessly, so you can run them and a tablet/smartphone at the same time which was not possible with the old Lightbridge equipped machine. Huge, huge upgrade in the usefulness of the P4P overall....
2018-5-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 13:56
The blades are longer, so the blade tips will be moving faster even if the props rotate the same speed.

Yes, exactly. That's also what has been done with the quiet props for Mavic Pro. But there is  a small difference in the way that the tip (end) on the two sets of quiet props are made according to what I can see in the video where we see the new props for the P4. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-8 21:26
Yes, exactly. That's also what has been done with the quiet props for Mavic Pro. But there is  a small difference in the way that the tip (end) on the two sets of quiet props are made according to what I can see in the video where we see the new props for the P4. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Regards Leif.

I was trying to point out that the difference in blade length would result in a different tip shape even if it was designed in the same way.  I would expect it to be more effective on the Phantom than Mavic due to the higher tip speed on the Phantom. Although the lower frequency noise maybe louder due to the extra width.  We will have to wait and see.

The comparison in the video is useless since the microphone will probably have had an auto gain control which will have adjusted them both to the same volume!  And even if it didn't, the difference in the audio will still have been compressed making it less obvious.  I certainly couldn't hear much difference.
2018-5-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I don't get that OcuSync thing. Being that the same frequencies is used wouldn't it just be a matter of changing the code in the firmware for the radio to have the same transmission protocol on the existing ones?
2018-5-8
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there is no change to the camera then it’s not worth the “upgrade”
2018-5-9
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

still here same red flare problem like old P4P?

2018-5-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Dovivan Posted at 2018-5-9 02:07
still here same red flare problem like old P4P?

[view_image]

With what we know so far the same camera so yes, no change and not worth a upgrade from P4P imo ...

P4P camera, red glare!

P4P camera, red glare!
2018-5-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

No black props with the new design?
If not it really is a shame as they seem to remove some of the prop flickering caused by the reflections when the sun is low.
2018-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 05:31
Yes, but are they officially compatible?

I noticed that the specs are a little different, for example the maximum rotation rate in sports mode is slower on the P4P V2, maybe with the new propellers it falls out of the sky if it rotates as fast as my P4 with standard props...

I’m sure the neighbours complaining about the noise will be over joyed with the low noise props, lol
2018-5-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-9 02:36
I’m sure the neighbours complaining about the noise will be over joyed with the low noise props, lol

And when RTH kicks in, there will be sheer panic when they don't hear it returning.
2018-5-9
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

To me "Ocusync video transmission" comes very handy.
2018-5-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-9 02:36

I think they will be disappointed that they don't have anything to complain about!
2018-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-9 03:33
And when RTH kicks in, there will be sheer panic when they don't hear it returning.

I wonder if I could get one of those blades for my neighbours lawnmower 7am twice a week, might talk to dji engineers. Lol
2018-5-9
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vision system, obstacle avoidance. Seems like the v2 is supposed to do the things the v1 was promised to do. lol.  I guess thats the end of firmware updates for the v1. at last
2018-5-9
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

DJI Goggles doesn't work for me. I just sold them. Is there a way to connect ordinary HDMI goggles like the Zeiss Cinemizers to the remote or to some kind of OcuSync receiver unit? I don't see a HDMI out on the remote which is a major bummer
2018-5-9
Use props
fansfe2c9456
lvl.3
United States

My opinion is DJI should have had the ocusync system in the P4P from the start!  It did come after the Mavic, didn't it?  I would have held off to get one, if I would have known there would have been a version 2.0!

Thanks DJI!
2018-5-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It did come after the Mavic, didn't it?  

Nope...
2018-5-9
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 22:51
I was trying to point out that the difference in blade length would result in a different tip shape even if it was designed in the same way.  I would expect it to be more effective on the Phantom than Mavic due to the higher tip speed on the Phantom. Although the lower frequency noise maybe louder due to the extra width.  We will have to wait and see.

The comparison in the video is useless since the microphone will probably have had an auto gain control which will have adjusted them both to the same volume!  And even if it didn't, the difference in the audio will still have been compressed making it less obvious.  I certainly couldn't hear much difference.

Yes we agree on how the new props will work Nigel.

Yes, the noise on the video can not be counted. This must be measured with a real soundlevelmeter and it is not a job for a smart guy carrying reflective sunglasses.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-9
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Phantom 4 Advance is a great deal right now, as the camera is the same as that is mounted on the new P4P V2.0.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-8 04:05
I hope the new quiet propellers are officially compatible with all the P4 series?

I will want some for my P4 standard if they are...

Confirm that the propellers are compatible, but the noise reduction is not the same as V2.0.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-8 12:36
So, the regular P4P controller won't work on this,   correct?

Yes, you are correct. The RC of P4P and P4P V2.0 are not compatible for the moment.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-8 13:47
Interesting that DJI does not consider the P4P 2.0 important enough for an official announcement here.
Or did I miss something?

I guess I miss it, too.
2018-5-13
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Will the new props work with P4 Standard and is there anything to gain by using them on standard?
2018-5-13
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2018-5-13 04:34
Will the new props work with P4 Standard and is there anything to gain by using them on standard?

Post #61 - DJI Susan confirmed that they are compatible with "all the p4 series".   Thanks Susan.

Seems like they will be nearly 4dB quieter and give an extra minute flight time, but will make no difference to the motor noise which I don't often notice on the P4 standard anyway.  Not a huge difference but definitely worth having, and they look good

But we need a few people to test them to really find out...
2018-5-13
Use props
paul1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838228 ft
  • >>>
United States

The original DJI goggles aren’t compatible with the P4P V2.0 as of now. Still have to tether them to the rc. Talked to DJI and an update is supposed to be released. Not holding my breath.
2018-5-14
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4

luciens Posted at 2018-5-8 05:47
Are you kidding? . This one uses Ocusync, which is an enormous upgrade from Lightbridge. Specifically, it'll allow using the DJI goggles wirelessly like with the Mavic Pro, if my understanding of the FAQ is correct. So no more hacking the firmware and dealing with plugging and unplugging. Or tearing up your transmitter with a crappy HDMI module for $100 that has more latency and crappier resolution. So you can use the goggles now so you can actually frame a shot without having to rely on a tiny, crappy little invisible tablet or smart phone - you just use that for telemetry and managing settings and you can forget it while you're doing your actual work FPV with the goggles, like you're supposed to ...

Course, we'll have to see how buggy the firmware is, but in the 50/50 chance it does happen to work out of the box without the usual 4 month wait for updates to get it working, this is a huge upgrade....

Occusync is not a huge upgrade. Or even an upgrade. It's just a side-step.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules