Which Mavic do you have? More than 1? Then your favorite please
1856 64 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Not anybody particular but I just feel that I`m not achieving my aim which may mean that I`ve either worded it incorrectly or that it is a clearcut non-issue.
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Folkestone Posted at 2018-5-8 04:28
Who knows. Maybe the DJI mods on here will send us one each as a reward for our excellent posting.

I can like THAT suggestion
2018-5-8
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both MP and Spark. I first bought the MP and then after 2 weeks, I bought the spark. I just had to have a blue Drone because its my favorite color. I got disappointed when I heard how loud it is compared to MP even with the stock props. But I am keeping it because it is small and might keep it sell the MP if the MP 2 finally arrive. The loudness is what's keeping me from buying MA. MP has never let me down, hence it is my favorite and will probably stick to another year depending how good the next MP is.
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-5-8 13:45
I have both MP and Spark. I first bought the MP and then after 2 weeks, I bought the spark. I just had to have a blue Drone because its my favorite color. I got disappointed when I heard how loud it is compared to MP even with the stock props. But I am keeping it because it is small and might keep it sell the MP if the MP 2 finally arrive. The loudness is what's keeping me from buying MA. MP has never let me down, hence it is my favorite and will probably stick to another year depending how good the next MP is.

Yes the noise from the props can be a bit too much.  However I have nothing to compare it with but I`ve seen quieter propellers being advertised for specifically the Spark.

If it was not that the female of the species would kill me I was contemplating the Tello though it seems to be just a toy and not worth much else, though my perception may be incorrect.
2018-5-8
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

MP and the Inspire. The Inspire is so much nicer to fly. Everything about the inspires better.
2018-5-8
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-8 14:07
Yes the noise from the props can be a bit too much.  However I have nothing to compare it with but I`ve seen quieter propellers being advertised for specifically the Spark.

If it was not that the female of the species would kill me I was contemplating the Tello though it seems to be just a toy and not worth much else, though my perception may be incorrect.

Yeah, I am not considering Tello. You are correct, its more of a toy for small boys. If you are collecting drones, it will be a nice addition. I don't see myself buying it. I don't even fly the Spark that much because I love the 4K capability of the MP.
2018-5-8
Use props
Tekn1que
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186401 ft

MPP... All the praise is well placed... Well once SUPER sport mode has been... Errrr accidentally enabled.
2018-5-8
Use props
Tekn1que
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186401 ft

Also... I own both the Spark and MPP. The Spark is like a miniature chainsaw a wasp could wield. Nimble, yet easily noticed by the ear. (at 150 feet up)

The MPP... Well let's just say that QUIET (when compared to the Spark) is an understatement.

Besides Occusync being > than Wifi or Enhanced Wifi made the Air a no Bueno.

Check out the Phantom v2. 0
2018-5-8
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got the Pro two weeks ago and already had the Air. Can someone help me with this issue? They both have unique features that compliment each other so nicely but:
2018-5-8
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I got my new (refurbished) Pro two weeks ago. I also have an Air. I use a Samsung SM T 377A. It worked great with the Air. The video feed was absolutley unusable on the Pro. Read the threads. Downgraded to the Sept. 2017 version of the DJI Go 4 software. Video on the Pro was amazing but can't use on in the Air. That version came out before it existied. So I waited a week and downloaded the latest DJO Go 4 software again. Now I'm back where I started. Why can't I use the same tablet for both drones? Which one do I return? I need some help, please. I want to fly. Not beta test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2018-5-8
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-8 18:33
I got my new (refurbished) Pro two weeks ago. I also have an Air. I use a Samsung SM T 377A. It worked great with the Air. The video feed was absolutley unusable on the Pro. Read the threads. Downgraded to the Sept. 2017 version of the DJI Go 4 software. Video on the Pro was amazing but can't use on in the Air. That version came out before it existied. So I waited a week and downloaded the latest DJO Go 4 software again. Now I'm back where I started. Why can't I use the same tablet for both drones? Which one do I return? I need some help, please. I want to fly. Not beta test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That is an unusual situation as one would expect the DJI GO 4 software to work with the incumbent craft.

Not knowing what steps you have taken I would do the following.

Load the latest DJI GO 4 Software.
Switch off the mobile device (Samsung), Craft and  RC.  
Restart the RC then Craft then Samsung and only then connect the Samsung to the RC after the RC and Craft have connected.
Fly and download the results.

Switch everything completely off.

Switch craft and RC.
Start up the RC, Craft and then Samsung and only then connect the Samsung to the RC after the RC and Craft have connected.
Fly and record.
Compare results.

2018-5-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10411017 ft
Canada

my first and only MP, I might add that I thoroughly enjoy it, as stated before one of my best hobbies well except for fly fishing, but I will bring my MP on my fishing trips which would make an excellent outing, that's even if I don't get fish.
2018-5-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 544222 ft
Romania

just Mavic Pro and probabli 40 aeromodels (RC Planes electric ,nitro and gas engines )
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folkestone Posted at 2018-5-8 03:44
Doesn't stop me wanting a fully loaded inspire 2 mind. Just need to save a few more pennies.

i'm gonna need a lot more pennies....
2018-5-9
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-9 08:34
That is an unusual situation as one would expect the DJI GO 4 software to work with the incumbent craft.

Not knowing what steps you have taken I would do the following.

Thank you so much for the reply, sir. If by "download the results" you mean to read the video from the SD card both are always perfect. It's the video feed during flight (I would actually prefer the opposite until I find resolution) where the issue lies. I'm told to purchase a "preferred" tablet device but I'm skeptical that is the issue. I look forward to finding the remedy and sharing with all. The answer is out there somewhere. :-)
2018-5-9
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

3-D Posted at 2018-5-9 12:14
i'm gonna need a lot more pennies....

Hahahaa
The AmeriCANs use cents Bro
But....
I get your drift...
2018-5-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-9 15:40
Thank you so much for the reply, sir. If by "download the results" you mean to read the video from the SD card both are always perfect. It's the video feed during flight (I would actually prefer the opposite until I find resolution) where the issue lies. I'm told to purchase a "preferred" tablet device but I'm skeptical that is the issue. I look forward to finding the remedy and sharing with all. The answer is out there somewhere. :-)

Thank you for your explanation.

The person(s) who told you about the mobile device might just be correct.

I use a "non"-preferred Lenovo TAB 3 7 and I get the same issues while flying.  IMHO it`s got to do with the RAM being only 1GB.
2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-10 00:25
Hahahaa
The AmeriCANs use cents Bro
But....

uh...  um...  so i apparently missed the joke.  sorry.  
because i'm in America. (sadly have only been out of America once)
and these brown coins in my pocket are called pennies.  their value is 1 cent, but the coin is a penny.

but yeah.  either way, i'm gonna need a whole lot of cents/pennies/coins to get to that inspire 2.  (especially since i just got my Mavic 1 month ago)
2018-5-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

3-D Posted at 2018-5-10 04:03
uh...  um...  so i apparently missed the joke.  sorry.  
because i'm in America. (sadly have only been out of America once)
and these brown coins in my pocket are called pennies.  their value is 1 cent, but the coin is a penny.

And there I, as a foreigner, thought that I knew how the American monetary system works

Thank you however for not losing your cool with the preposterous foreigner
2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-10 09:56
And there I, as a foreigner, thought that I knew how the American monetary system works

Thank you however for not losing your cool with the preposterous foreigner

In here, we're all family.  It's all love!
besides, we have a lot of stuff that makes no sense in other parts of the world.  We're 'special' like that.  
2018-5-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

3-D Posted at 2018-5-10 10:52
In here, we're all family.  It's all love!
besides, we have a lot of stuff that makes no sense in other parts of the world.  We're 'special' like that.

2018-5-10
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-10 00:29
Thank you for your explanation.

The person(s) who told you about the mobile device might just be correct.

I'm begrudgingly coming to the same conclusion. Thank you for telling me of the same experience with a "non preferred" device. Now that's an apples to apples experience.
2018-5-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-10 15:14
I'm begrudgingly coming to the same conclusion. Thank you for telling me of the same experience with a "non preferred" device. Now that's an apples to apples experience.

So in conclusion you are looking for a device that has enough RAM to run the DJI GO 4 app smoothly.
In actual fact it will also help to have a better (faster) cpu in the device.
For me the problem is a monetary one as everything here is twice as expensive as in the States.
2018-5-10
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-10 16:47
So in conclusion you are looking for a device that has enough RAM to run the DJI GO 4 app smoothly.
In actual fact it will also help to have a better (faster) cpu in the device.
For me the problem is a monetary one as everything here is twice as expensive as in the States.

Same here and that does make sense. This app has a lot to do when it's running. I'm going to run on my phone until I can save up to afford a tablet that can handle it. The price we pay for having a quad that delivers like this does.
2018-5-11
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-11 16:45
Same here and that does make sense. This app has a lot to do when it's running. I'm going to run on my phone until I can save up to afford a tablet that can handle it. The price we pay for having a quad that delivers like this does.

Good.  You`re on the correct path.

ENJOY!!!!
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules