iPhone X and DJI OM2 firmware update... Totally unusable thereafter
862 1 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Meinardio
New
Netherlands

Dear DJI and forum users,

After unboxing the new DJI Osmo Mobile 2 I followed all the required steps to set-up the device. Until I downloaded and installed the lastest firmware update everything worked... with the emphasis on "Until then..."

Now I cannot connect my iPhone X to the gimbal anymore. The bluetooth sees the device, but cannot connect it. After removing the DJI Go app, deleting the OM2 from the bluetooth list in Settings and re-installing the DJI Go app, I only can go back into the "camera" vision in the DJI app. If I want to use the app to shoot video/photo/timelapse I see the message popping up "please connect device". Also the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac does not connect to the OM2.

Dear DJI,

You cannot tell me that it is this freaking hard to start-up and use your device in 2018 with the latest phones!!
You cannot tell me that your DJI app does not work with the latest iOs/operator software!!!
You cannot tell me after what my dear friends paid for your device that there is no easy reset/back to basis functionality other than your proposed work around to connect it with an another phone!!!
You cannot tell me that you do not respond in any other thread on this forum regarding the same issues that other customers have without a workable solution... nor respond via PM/email.

If you cannot help me with this issue with an easy solution, I will return the gimbal to the Apple Store and look for an other gimbal from a different manufacturer.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the troubles, please make sure there is no other Bluetooth turning on when you connect to Osmo Mobile 2 (this is very important), please connect to the Bluetooth in DJI Go APP instead of Bluetooth Settings. Trying another mobile device is just a simple troubleshooting, hope your kind understanding.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules