Battery Stuck in Drone
3894 5 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRW
lvl.1
United States

I've flown a brand new Phantom 4 Pro three times since purchasing it last month with no issues, no crashes. Yesterday after a flawless 20 minute flight I tried to change out the battery but it was stuck in the drone. I thought maybe the heat caused the plastic covering on the battery to expand, but today it still will not come out without a lot of jiggling and pulling on the battery after pushing on both top and bottom buttons.

Anyone experience a similar issue? How did you remedy the problem?

Thanks
2018-5-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2018-5-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft

Battery must have really swollen for some reason.
2018-5-8
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-8 09:33
Battery must have really swollen for some reason.

Seems that way.......I have seen people post that their connectors fried/melted......CAN you move the battery up and down "at all" ?

If not,  could be swollen battery

If so.  could be connectors are melted,  or both.

I would suggest that YOU IMMEDIATELY GET THAT DRONE APART AND REMOVE THE BATTERY or you might lose the whole thing to a fire.

DO NOT STORE IN YOUR HOUSE / GARAGE / OR SHED..... Barbeque is a good place until you get it apart.

If the battery is SWOLLEN,  place in a solution of salt water for at least a week then throw it away.

Randy

2018-5-8
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4283012 ft
Canada

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-5-8 13:32
Seems that way.......I have seen people post that their connectors fried/melted......CAN you move the battery up and down "at all" ?

If not,  could be swollen battery

The melted connector is exactly what happened to one of my Phantoms. Windy day, warmer outside and flying into a headwind draws a lot of current. Turns out the battery I was using which contributed to the melted connector had shoddy contacts. Luckily for me I got the battery out but had to give it a really good pull to separate the two.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, DRW. Did you install it in a right way? If you fail taking out the battery, please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support Here is the video for your reference.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules