Common Spark Issues?
11361 23 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2853bff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101988 ft
United States

Hey there. I’ve got a spark coming in the mail and was wondering if there are any common issues that I should be aware of before I fly. I’ve got a P3A and have gotten used to being verrrrrry careful when I update my firmware.
2018-5-8
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Watch out for good gps signal, calibrate gps and imu in large open field, and wait for home point updated message before takeoff...oh, and WHEN..not IF..when ATTI modes comes along, YOU pilot the spark, so better just land emidiatly(not RTH. Manualle stick down), and dont get confused while it drifts away
2018-5-8
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I support what Joller79 DK says.  Just educate yourself with the many youtube videos and tutorials and you should be fine.  Have fun while respecting your surroundings and local regulations.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans2853bff1
lvl.2
United States

As I said, I already have a Phantom 3 Advanced and I’ve been flying for years - so I’m well aware of how to fly, how to calibrate, regulations, etc...

I am more concerned about common bugs or issues with the Spark and if there is anything that I should do to avoid running into them.
2018-5-8
Use props
Antipaxi
lvl.4

Romania

fans2853bff1 Posted at 2018-5-8 10:14
As I said, I already have a Phantom 3 Advanced and I’ve been flying for years - so I’m well aware of how to fly, how to calibrate, regulations, etc...

I am more concerned about common bugs or issues with the Spark and if there is anything that I should do to avoid running into them.

It seems it's pretty common for Sparks to pop their battery in mid flight, so you should double check the battery sits tight and regularly check the "fangs" from both battery and the AC for damage.
2018-5-8
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Yeah, battery.. And the odd disconnections with gps.... I have both parrot bebop2. And the spark... I fell the dji is more sensitive to signal and sat. Signal..
2018-5-8
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

The biggest issue I think the Spark has, and guys here could clean this up for me, but it doesn't have a fallback compass should it encounter interference, which it seems highly susceptible to. In the event of interference, it'll drop GPS and go into ATTI mode and instantly lose any flight assistance.
2018-5-8
Use props
Greg Glasson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Make sure you keep the antennas pointing at the aircraft. The signal won't be as strong as what you are used to with the phantom. It will struggle against strong winds. Keep VLOS. Run thru a standard flight checklist.
2018-5-8
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New flyer here with a Spark, 31 flights in, and never experienced an issue.
I did watch all the Jeven Dovey videos about the Spark; more than once, and have a checklist (now in my head) before I fly. Twice, I've not had a good GPS signal and so despite the temptation to fly, have powered down and lived to fly another day, from a location just a few metres away on one occasion.
The initial activation is a pain for many, I would not bother trying to activate by scanning the QR code, life is too short, the longer way to activate is way way quicker.
Good luck and look forward to seeing your videos  / photos.Oh and despite what some folks have said on here, I've found that when I've opened a support ticket on the DJI site, they have responded quickly, efficiently and politley.
Chris

2018-5-8
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-8 23:32
I did watch all the Jeven Dovey videos about the Spark; more than once, and have a checklist (now in my head) before I fly. Twice, I've not had a good GPS signal and so despite the temptation to fly, have powered down and lived to fly another day, from a location just a few metres away on one occasion.
The initial activation is a pain for many, I would not bother trying to activate by scanning the QR code, life is too short, the longer way to activate is way way quicker.

Same here, new flyer, 54 flights in, 6 hours, and 0 issues.
2018-5-9
Use props
jamick
lvl.2
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-8 23:32

What’s the long way to activate?
2018-5-9
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jamick Posted at 2018-5-9 01:49
What’s the long way to activate?

Here's the link to the YouTube video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE  Good luck
2018-5-9
Use props
fans58190e9c
lvl.1

Finland

All of my sparks flight data disapeared and i don't know why.
2018-10-20
Use props
fans58190e9c
lvl.1

Finland

In 4.3.2 in app You start a quiqshot app crashes.
2018-10-20
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Greg Glasson Posted at 2018-5-8 23:20
Make sure you keep the antennas pointing at the aircraft. The signal won't be as strong as what you are used to with the phantom. It will struggle against strong winds. Keep VLOS. Run thru a standard flight checklist.

JFTR (I know thread is old):

Antennas should not point to the aircraft, they should be perpendicular to the aircraft.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-21
Use props
djiuser_9sbWJwsewI5Y
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi guys, so I just brought a dji spark from someone,the problem is he flew it with the  remote and iPhone connected via cable..and it flew fine..now I'm trying to connect the same remote and the drone..with all the methods possible on YouTube and it just will not connect..it's just starts giving that beeping sound and the green light blinking(on the remote) and it will not bind to the drone.i did bind and flew it with my Android phone direct but the remote and drone does not bind I even did the reset (holding the power button down for 9-12 seconds) on both.please help, do I need to give the controller for repair buy a new control or can anything be done with this..??!any advice is appreciated.thanks
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_9sbWJwsewI5Y
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi guys, so I just brought a dji spark from someone,the problem is he flew it with the  remote and iPhone connected via cable..and it flew fine..now I'm trying to connect the same remote and the drone..with all the methods possible on YouTube and it just will not connect..it's just starts giving that beeping sound and the green light blinking(on the remote) and it will not bind to the drone.i did bind and flew it with my Android phone direct but the remote and drone does not bind I even did the reset (holding the power button down for 9-12 seconds) on both.please help, do I need to give the controller for repair buy a new control or can anything be done with this..??!any advice is appreciated.thanks
2019-11-27
Use props
MylindaAnd Chris Gault
New

United States

I actually have a question...Just got a used spark.In good condition I expected..Went out to a park to try it today.Used the Go.4 app.And was connected..It never ask for a calibration as our Breeze has to have.When I would slide over to flight..it would go into flight mode like it wanted to take off..But on my phone screen it stated something wrong with motor blade.And something about being in a no fly zone.Geo fencing. We took it on down the road away from the airport we were like 4 miles away from...Thinking that was the issue..So it does the exact same thing..I'm very confused and upset because I spent more than I'd like to say for it.Any help would be wonderful.
2020-5-8
Use props
jamick
lvl.2
United States

MylindaAnd Chris Gault Posted at 5-8 13:14
I actually have a question...Just got a used spark.In good condition I expected..Went out to a park to try it today.Used the Go.4 app.And was connected..It never ask for a calibration as our Breeze has to have.When I would slide over to flight..it would go into flight mode like it wanted to take off..But on my phone screen it stated something wrong with motor blade.And something about being in a no fly zone.Geo fencing. We took it on down the road away from the airport we were like 4 miles away from...Thinking that was the issue..So it does the exact same thing..I'm very confused and upset because I spent more than I'd like to say for it.Any help would be wonderful.
Motor blade? I’m not sure but maybe you have the wrong props on the wrong motors? Some propellers have white marks at the center than match white marks on the motors. They are opposite corners. If that’s not it, it’d be helpful if you could include a screenshot of the error.
2020-5-8
Use props
MylindaAnd Chris Gault
New

United States

Ok..I'm gonna look at it..Ty for coming thru to help me..right back with u.lol
2020-5-8
Use props
MylindaAnd Chris Gault
New

United States

The right front motor wing thing feels like it's locking up.The other 3 don't do that.Because earlier today it wanted to fly..but it stated that geo fence thing and Also the motor or blade issue..How hard is that to fix?I have SUCH HORRIBLE LUCK..LOL
2020-5-8
Use props
jamick
lvl.2
United States

MylindaAnd Chris Gault Posted at 5-8 14:36
The right front motor wing thing feels like it's locking up.The other 3 don't do that.Because earlier today it wanted to fly..but it stated that geo fence thing and Also the motor or blade issue..How hard is that to fix?I have SUCH HORRIBLE LUCK..LOL

You might need to contact DJI. They can check motor data. It’s a little hard to understand what the issue is.
2020-5-8
Use props
MylindaAnd Chris Gault
New

United States

I gonna do that..It cost to much and I know DJI makes really awesome drones..I'm sure they will lead me in the right direction.Ty so much for your time.Have a good evening.
2020-5-8
Use props
Keith Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14824245 ft
United States

After several hundred flights I can't get the remote to stop beeping or connect to the (spark) aircraft. The ongoing beeping becomes more than I can ensure. Day after day of zero progress or success. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I miss flying my little Sparkie, but I've had enough beeping for two lifetimes.
2020-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules