P3S Disconnecting from Controller (and more)
533 2 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m12462
lvl.1
United States

My Phantom 3 Standard has recently started disconnecting from the controller...at least I think that's what I'm happening. Perhaps it's the controller losing connectivity...nor sure.

When I go through the startup process (controller 1st, then drone, then wifi and then DJI Go app,) everything seems fine for about 30 seconds. Then the aircraft shows "disconnected in the red bar at the top, and I also notice the green light on the remote has changed from green to RED. after another 30 seconds or so the drone connects again and the light on the controller goes back to green. This connected/disconnected scenario continues indefinitely...as long as I keep everything powered up.

Even with the intermittent connection issue, I was able to start the drone and fly it, I just flew basically without the DJI Go app.

Also, as a side note (just to provide ALL info,) I do not have a camera connected to this P3S any longer but I do have the gimbal attached and the two 2.4GHz UFL connectors connected to the gimbal. It has flown normally without a camera for quite some time - it just displays "no Image Transmission Signal" due to no camera but the connection was constant and all telemetry worked normally as well.

Lastly, I recently had a crash onto the upper part of a tree (leaves and branches - not the trunk) that didn't appear to do any noticeable damage to the exterior of the drone but I could not get it restarted afterward. I took the upper shell off and noticed the Compass connector had come loose from the board. after reading many posts about the difficulty and extensive proficiency with a soldering iron that is required to repair/reconnect the connector back to the board, I decided to buy a new main board (motors and all soldering connections done) that just required plugging in cables and UFL connectors.

The new board arrived yesterday. I carefully installed it and made all the necessary connections. I went through the startup process with the new board in place and the intermittent connected/disconnected issue is still occurring. at one point, during a brief period of connectivity, I pressed the "Takeoff" button and did the "slide to takeoff" and received a warning message that reads "activate aircraft and restart."

I tried signing out of the DJI Go app and created a new account in hopes of a successful activation, but the same warning continues. I noticed that the new main board has a micro USB card installed on the underside of it. I wonder if I should remove it and insert the micro USB on the board I was using up until my crash last week.

It seems to me that I might have two separate issues here...#1, the connect/disconnect problem and #2, the activation of the new main board. I mention it because I don't know if correcting one issue might possibly solve problems. It seems like the connection issue needs to be solved if I am ever going to be able to activate the new board.

Any suggestions on what could be causing these issues would be very much appreciated. This rises above my level of knowledge relative to my Phantom 3 Standard!
2018-5-8
Use props
m12462
lvl.1
United States

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the trouble you experience. Since your drone crash before, I would recommend you send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules