11115 92 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-10 16:32
One serious problem I already see is the slightest yaw and props showing which is really going to cause problems recording they have the same problem with xstar and this was done in very little wind. And awful tilted horizon. So dodgy gimbal.
But apart from that it doesn’t look to bad. Might keep dji on their toes.

What I do not get from all these videos by Kloo Gee and another one by Captain Drone is where is Autel mainly based: in the US or in China? The difference being that a Chinese-based company is more likely to sell their products in Europe eventually.
2018-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-5-11 01:27
What I do not get from all these videos by Kloo Gee and another one by Captain Drone is where is Autel mainly based: in the US or in China? The difference being that a Chinese-based company is more likely to sell their products in Europe eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zis6-ZRHziQ

It would surprise me if manufacturers were not in China , we all know that most American tech is manufactured in China .
2018-5-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-11 02:29
It would surprise me if manufacturers were not in China , we all know that most American tech is manufactured in China .

Manufactured in the US, Customer Service based in the US, will only be sold in the US for now, No CE verification only FCC.
2018-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-11 02:48
Manufactured in the US, Customer Service based in the US, will only be sold in the US for now, No CE verification only FCC.

That’s good hopefully Americans will get behind it and support it.

I just find it a bit strange that they had an opportunity to show what attributes EVO has, but spent most of the video both Kloogee and demonstrator explaining how it didn’t have the same problems dji have like GEO NFZ quieter props ((which I don’t believe are quieter than MPP) etc, instead of using the time to let us know about the EVO so I just wonder if they believe in their own aircraft, they showed really bad prop encroachment on video really bad tilted horizon.
Marketing really needs to get to grips with this product as we already know from karma experience it doesn’t take long to flop.
If this is a great product and can stand alone then they should steer away from trying to denigrate other products and inform potential buyers why this is a great drone, we never hear Ford coming out saying our breaking system is better that Volkswagen, simply because they are always fully behind and have confidence in their products.
So for me this kind of marketing is not going to help Autel.
2018-5-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Geo fencing! Has a built in display!?? NIIIICE!
I may just have a MP for sale shortly...
2018-5-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Manufactured in the US, Customer Service based in the US, will only be sold in the US for now, No CE verification only FCC.

Autel is a Chinese company and it will be built in China. Do you have info showing otherwise?
2018-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Manufactured in the US, Customer Service based in the US, will only be sold in the US for now, No CE verification only FCC.

https://www.dronerush.com/autel-robotics-drones-guide-9981/

Think that Autel is in fact Chinese.
2018-5-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-5-11 03:37
Autel is a Chinese company and it will be built in China. Do you have info showing otherwise?

I stand Corrected.
[url=]
2018-5-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was gonna say the same... it’s a Chinese company... beat me too it.
2018-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lets first see some real users fly this thing for some time.
Not the ones that are being 'paid' to fly with it in one way or another.
(I do hope it will give some competition, since that never hurts)
2018-5-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-11 10:11
Lets first see some real users fly this thing for some time.
Not the ones that are being 'paid' to fly with it in one way or another.
(I do hope it will give some competition, since that never hurts)

Yes agree and for the sake of the competition I do hope it performs reliably pretty good.
2018-5-11
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-9 12:29
Xstar was not even close to phantom 2 never mind any other phantom and if it was why so little sales when dji was suppose to have such big CS problems, that doesn’t make sense , and if Customer service at autel is so good why buy a Mavic , it’s all a bit ironic, but I hope autel succeeds because this will insure dji make much better drones.

I bought a mavic cause i need a powerful small drone as advertised. I got in the malfunction club after purchase and search competition. Okay DJI is GOD. Make the best drones ever and way better than others. After all implements technology that no one other have. LOL. Ask owners of mavic air. But no. It is DJI and we should excuse some malfunction. Okay fell from the sky with no reason. Okay lost signal. Okay camera failure. Okay video shaking. Okay Okay Okay. It is DJI. The leader. Do not count or care that DJI released it incomplete and at 700. DJI has such sales cause there are many cheap brained people that follow without hesitation. Go invest on DJI. Good luck with that.
2018-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Thagra Posted at 2018-5-11 12:50
I bought a mavic cause i need a powerful small drone as advertised. I got in the malfunction club after purchase and search competition. Okay DJI is GOD. Make the best drones ever and way better than others. After all implements technology that no one other have. LOL. Ask owners of mavic air. But no. It is DJI and we should excuse some malfunction. Okay fell from the sky with no reason. Okay lost signal. Okay camera failure. Okay video shaking. Okay Okay Okay. It is DJI. The leader. Do not count or care that DJI released it incomplete and at 700. DJI has such sales cause there are many cheap brained people that follow without hesitation. Go invest on DJI. Good luck with that.

I’m really just amazed your here on the dji forum.
2018-5-11
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

ny300z Posted at 2018-5-9 11:42
Funny so many people hate DJI yet they not only have DJI drones they are on the forums all the time.

I wont trust any drone expect DJI unless it stands the test of time..Look what happened when even an accomplished company like GoPro made a drone.......

I registered here among other sites and forum to find a solution to my issue. I stay here cause it is my only tool and weapon to let some people know about the truth. After all forum is to exchange opinion and does not prove that i worship DJI as you. Why you worship DJI? Should we talk about the god company and platinum version??? DJI cares only about profit.
2018-5-11
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

Also it is a FORUM. Not a DJI temple to worship the company. For those you are so enthusiastic about DJI go to the problems section and threads and reply to the customers having huge issues with DJI products and do not decide to write on threads that are easy to you.
2018-5-11
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-9 12:29
Xstar was not even close to phantom 2 never mind any other phantom and if it was why so little sales when dji was suppose to have such big CS problems, that doesn’t make sense , and if Customer service at autel is so good why buy a Mavic , it’s all a bit ironic, but I hope autel succeeds because this will insure dji make much better drones.

Yea sure. X-star Premium not even close to Phantom 2. WAY ABOVE. It compete Phantom 4 evenly. And price??? Half almost? Invest your money to DJI. I will never do that again. Mavic will be repaired and selled immediately. Does this make sense to you?
2018-5-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10411017 ft
Canada

need your help, look at my thread satellite too weak
2018-5-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Thagra Posted at 2018-5-11 12:50
I bought a mavic cause i need a powerful small drone as advertised. I got in the malfunction club after purchase and search competition. Okay DJI is GOD. Make the best drones ever and way better than others. After all implements technology that no one other have. LOL. Ask owners of mavic air. But no. It is DJI and we should excuse some malfunction. Okay fell from the sky with no reason. Okay lost signal. Okay camera failure. Okay video shaking. Okay Okay Okay. It is DJI. The leader. Do not count or care that DJI released it incomplete and at 700. DJI has such sales cause there are many cheap brained people that follow without hesitation. Go invest on DJI. Good luck with that.

All products will have their issues no matter the company.  Nothing is perfect.  Yes sure out of tens or hundreds of thousands sold some will have issues so keep in mind the volume sold compared to all other Drones sold worldwide.  DJI sells more drones than all other companies combined(yes there has been posted stats showing this) Yes some have defects but many stories on here are pilot error that could of been prevented ie pre-flight checks, home point not updated before taking off, or many taking off with no GPS expecting it to just stay put and not fly off.  Also so many the firmware was not updated, crashed before and wondering why it now has issues, etc.  Point is DJI is very solid and well currently owns the drone market and well second place not even close.
2018-5-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-11 14:19
need your help, look at my thread satellite too weak

Do you have a link?
2018-5-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

it's in general discussion,  i'll see what I can do
2018-5-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Thagra Posted at 2018-5-11 13:32
Also it is a FORUM. Not a DJI temple to worship the company. For those you are so enthusiastic about DJI go to the problems section and threads and reply to the customers having huge issues with DJI products and do not decide to write on threads that are easy to you.

And well here is a good video for you to check out as well ;)
2018-5-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-11 14:49
it's in general discussion,  i'll see what I can do

Yup posted in there.  
2018-5-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

baffles me, shows 4 bars, 19 sats and yet gives me the message satellite too weak.
2018-5-11
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-11 14:25
All products will have their issues no matter the company.  Nothing is perfect.  Yes sure out of tens or hundreds of thousands sold some will have issues so keep in mind the volume sold compared to all other Drones sold worldwide.  DJI sells more drones than all other companies combined(yes there has been posted stats showing this) Yes some have defects but many stories on here are pilot error that could of been prevented ie pre-flight checks, home point not updated before taking off, or many taking off with no GPS expecting it to just stay put and not fly off.  Also so many the firmware was not updated, crashed before and wondering why it now has issues, etc.  Point is DJI is very solid and well currently owns the drone market and well second place not even close.

Yes all consumer products have problems. Especially electronics. But the big issue is that how consumers face that. What makes me outrageous is that most people in this thread excuse DJI for their product malfunctions cause it is DJI, the leader, and want from other companies to be perfect as Autel EVO, ignoring the fact that the price is totally different and that if after sales of the company is way different, so when the problem occurs what should do and how fast you have your bird in the air. It is ironic the fact that DJI failure rate is high and above that the repair rate is low as hell. But still consumers decide to follow DJI cause they think that sell best drones. The video is very nice but you could still understand what you want to understand from that. I personally understand what i am saying that DJI cares only for sales. Releasing drones for competition and not for costumers. Cares only for profit. No one discuss about DJI malfunctions. There are issues when on mavic people did the firmware update and after that had hardware issue!!!!!! LOL. You do software update and your hardware get destroyed??????  Okay and what about after? They send it for repair which is not their fault and DJI charges a hell of an amount and get them back a refurbished one which may have the some or even more issues. They need to send it back and forth. All this of course takes about some months. What you have to say to those people as costumers and consumers? That okay all products have issues but DJI is the best company cause sells the most drones? And they will feel okay with that? Having invested lot of money to a product that they do not own and have it for many months under repair? Nowdays in order to say that a company is a leader you must care mostly about after sales. But still people resist to admit that DJI has the worst after sales support in the world and not in drones companies only. You may not care about that but drones are for professional work also. Tell to the professionals that losing time and money with DJI that at least DJI is the best cause sells million drones.   
2018-5-12
Use props
Thagra
lvl.2

WAKE UP. As long as you worship DJI and follow as cheeps, DJI will never get better to the customers after sales support. They all sitting in a round table laughing and designing drones to get your money. And if one think " hey boss this is not ready or right and need more testing" the answer will definitely be " Release to the market before others and do not care about customer. They will buy it whatever we release.!"  
2018-5-12
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

I’m sorry you bought a drone in China trying to save some money without reading the fine print. Does that make dji anything less than the leading drone manufacturer? Nope.
2018-5-12
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of talk but no action?
2018-5-12
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Folks, this is all artificial hype at this point.  I heard someone say from IDD that the Evo firmware is still in beta.  If that is true that means likely many months before Evo will be released.  
2018-5-15
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-9 12:07
I will probably buy it once it is released. Just to have a US made, US serviced and US supported drone. Will wait for some real time reviews though. I like the idea of no NFZ's, I consider myself a responsible pilot, 107 cert'd and know where, when and how to fly without endangering anything and anyone, so to have full control of the drone is a plus IMO.

Evo is not US. made..It's made in China..The tech support is in WA. and they do speak and understand English...
2018-5-18
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-11 03:24
That’s good hopefully Americans will get behind it and support it.

I just find it a bit strange that they had an opportunity to show what attributes EVO has, but spent most of the video both Kloogee and demonstrator explaining how it didn’t have the same problems dji have like GEO NFZ quieter props ((which I don’t believe are quieter than MPP) etc, instead of using the time to let us know about the EVO so I just wonder if they believe in their own aircraft, they showed really bad prop encroachment on video really bad tilted horizon.

You should watch the Ford US TV ads   vs. Chevrolet !!!!
2018-5-24
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

I've had terrible experiences with DJI's CS as well, but what other choice do we have? I currently have a MA that I enjoy, however I enjoy my Pixel 2 XL on Android P more than I care to downgrade just to get the app to work on my phone. I know, i know, its a beta android but I still stand by my personal decision to not downgrade to get that functionality. The biggest things I like about this Autel is:

- USA Based, 7 days a week support. They are all in Washington State. I trust the American company more than DJI whether or not the whole invasion of privacy thing was legitimate or not last year. (This is also why im even considering returning the MA for a Karma / Hero 6)
- A SCREEN BUILT INTO THE CONTROLLER. I absolutely cannot stand using my phone to control the drone (well, my wife's phone since mine wont work). I refuse to buy an iPad or iPhone just for the drone.
- No splash screen advertising garbage. I paid $850 for my drone, I should not have an app that I NEED to run it bombard me in the load screen that I should buy another drone or their insurance program. Furthermore, I absolutely hate how any time I install the app, my device gets LOADED with DJI media including videos on how to connect to a drone that I don't even have. I believe it downloads at least 3 DJI spark how to videos, of which I don't even have. It's just an awful app that reminds me of the super cheap Yi home cameras and the apps they come with (same ads, bloat that DJI's comes with).
2018-5-29
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm gonna save all my money and buy a GTO, yeah, yeah little GTO
2018-6-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>

3 inch OLED is a nice feature to have on a Remote Controller but the only negative is the smart device positioning above the display, I'd rather see it below like on the Mavic Pro. Not that it's a bad design, but telemetry above on the Mavic Pro feels more fluid than viewing it below your larger display. Lastly, the Evo is larger and weighs more than Mavic Pro - it would have been nice to see a slightly smaller form factor with less total overall weight.
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

asaw Posted at 2018-5-10 15:17
Just stumbled across Part 2. I liked how smooth the panning was (remembering that it was 4K) and the quietness of the thing. But I also noticed that the video on the RC screen seemed twitchy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIaazbzD-QM

IF EVO drone is as quiet as it sounds on video, that would be a big selling point.

Especially for observing wildlife without disturbing / alerting wildlife.
Female wildlife tend to spook easily, and get pretty upset at drones flying over their sunbathing spots.  
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Maxheadspace Posted at 2018-5-15 07:35
Folks, this is all artificial hype at this point.  I heard someone say from IDD that the Evo firmware is still in beta.  If that is true that means likely many months before Evo will be released.

As in, maybe out in time for Christmas, maybe.
2018-6-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What a ludicrous thing again. They officially launched it this early spring and where can you buy it now? Or even less demanding, where can you find reliable previews and tests?
2018-6-2
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

who said they launched? they only show like a demo version/prototype on CES to catch some attention
in lot of interviews they did state it may come in summer, but as we know reality I would bet more like autumn... still it's good to have some competition on market.
and honestly some ideas (like screen build in controller) is a nice feature. sometimes I really would love to have it, instead of being forced to use phone
2018-6-3
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

RobertW Posted at 2018-5-9 11:27
I was looking at the Evo from the moment they showed it at the CES 2018.
IMO this will be the most interesting drone outside DJI.
I admire AUTEL for taking the time to make sure, the drone is perfect before releasing it. This hopefully will save the user all this updates we keep getting from DJI.

re Autel " no more need to deal with overseas tech support".  
Don't count on it.
It's very likely that you will have to deal with a call center in India, South Africa, the Philippines, or some other far-off place with cheap labor, for front-line 'tech' support. That's just how it seems to work today.
2018-6-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

So from what i can see is another company ASSUMING all the initial release bugs and issues get worked around (takes time if ever) have released a drone which is in direct competition to a product thats 2 years old and being updated in Q4 of this year.
That's hardly a situation to shake up the industry.  If anything it just highlights how far ahead DJI are of anyone else in the market.

From a non US point of view a lack of trust in a US company to hold data and/or not pass it on/be backdoored is an issue as well.
2018-6-4
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

To me the 3 most important things when it comes to buying a drone are:

1) The App
2) Customer Service
3) Geo Fencing

Both the Mavic Pro and Evo as far as hardware, are pretty close. So let's talk about the 3 items I just mentioned.

1) The App - The DJI Go 4 app is now voted one of the worst apps in any play store. With far more 1 stars that 5. That speaks volumes. The most important part of any flight is the ability to control your drone while in the air. There have been endless reports of the app crashing for no reason while in flight. Think of that for a moment. If you're an Android user and happen to get an OS update, you're pretty much taking a big risk. DJI hasn't even updated their Device Compatablility list in over a year. Time will tell if the Evo app will be better. As far as the DJI Go 4 app, the numbers speak for themselves. Scary stuff.

2) Customer Service - Let's face it. The name DJI is synonymous with horrible customer support. Since day one, DJI has cared more about selling their drones than improving their customer service. They simply don't care. And before any of you say it's gotten better, perhaps - but there are many DJI fanboys who said I've never had a problem who eat crow "when" they finally have one. Knowing you can speak to an actual drone pilot in the U.S. 7 days a week is incredible. That's a world of difference as opposed to dealing with these "DJI Cindy, DJI Whoever" who in many cases just blow you off without understanding what you're saying nor who can do anything to resolve an issue. Autel on the other hand is well known for great customer service. They don't man their phone support with call centers who don't care. It's actually the opposite. They are all experienced pilots who are based in the U.S., speak English and care.

3)  Geo Fencing. This is a big one. The Autel Evo puts the liability in the pilots hands, not the company who made your drone.

If the Autel Evo does what it says and has put their app and drone through it's paces to get rid of bugs, it sounds like the logical choice, regardless of what the Mavic Pro 2 has to offer. I personally would much rather deal with a company who cares about their customers as opposed to one that doesn't.
Other obvious reasons to buy the Evo are:

1) Better flight time
2) Less money
3) Built in OLED on controller
Oh and a vastly better gimbal!!!

2018-6-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules