Air/Pro/Software update/Cannot use tablet!
647 5 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my new (refurbished) Pro two weeks ago. I also have an Air. I use a Samsung SM T 377A. It worked great with the Air. The video feed was absolutley unusable on the Pro. Read the threads. Downgraded to the Sept. 2017 version of the DJI Go 4 software. Video on the Pro was amazing but can't use on in the Air. That version came out before it existied. So I waited a week and downloaded the latest DJO Go 4 software again. Now I'm back where I started. Why can't I use the same tablet for both drones? Which one do I return? I need some help, please. I want to fly. Not beta test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check if there is an error message? If yes, please show us the screenshot, we'll look into it. At the same time, in order to do the troubleshooting, could you please try a different mobile device? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-8
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 19:18
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check if there is an error message? If yes, please show us the screenshot, we'll look into it. At the same time, in order to do the troubleshooting, could you please try a different mobile device? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Thank you so much for the reply. There are no error messages. The different mobile device is a Samsung Galaxy 7 running the latest version of the app and both craft work flawlessly. I know that points us to the mobile device (Galaxy Tab) but I can get the Pro to work with the older version of the software and the Air with the newer version. But just not both with any one version. So that tells me the tablet has the ability but the software isn't compatible. So...the next question/concern: If I spend the money on a "preferred" mobile device, will I find with some upcoming upgrade that the mobile device will no longer be compatible? Are mobile device upgrades required periodically with software updates? That could get expensive.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-9 15:51
Thank you so much for the reply. There are no error messages. The different mobile device is a Samsung Galaxy 7 running the latest version of the app and both craft work flawlessly. I know that points us to the mobile device (Galaxy Tab) but I can get the Pro to work with the older version of the software and the Air with the newer version. But just not both with any one version. So that tells me the tablet has the ability but the software isn't compatible. So...the next question/concern: If I spend the money on a "preferred" mobile device, will I find with some upcoming upgrade that the mobile device will no longer be compatible? Are mobile device upgrades required periodically with software updates? That could get expensive.

Thanks for getting back to us. According to your description, it looks like the compatibility issue of mobile devices. There are some mobile devices have been tested and the performance can be ensured. It is recommended to use one of the recommended devices for a better experience. You can find it from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
Recommended List.png
2018-5-9
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 22:44
Thanks for getting back to us. According to your description, it looks like the compatibility issue of mobile devices. There are some mobile devices have been tested and the performance can be ensured. It is recommended to use one of the recommended devices for a better experience. You can find it from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

So now I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy S9 but don't see it on the preferred list. Am I good? I know the Mavics are built for Apple stuff but I'm just an Andriod kind of guy.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-6-5 10:23
So now I'm looking at a Samsung Galaxy S9 but don't see it on the preferred list. Am I good? I know the Mavics are built for Apple stuff but I'm just an Andriod kind of guy.

Well noted. I'd advise connecting the RC with Galaxy S9 and test the performance first. We'll add more mobile devices to the list as the test develops.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules