Liability Insurance while traveling in Europe.
1472 5 2018-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8c3b330
New

Hi,

I’m looking for recreational liability insurance for my new Mavic Pro platinum while on holiday in Europe but am finding this very difficult as I’m Australian.

Ideally I only need cover for a week so paying the yearly $265 fee from IDRA seems excessive.

The UK, USA and Germany all seem to have plenty of options but generally  it appears Australians aren’t covered.

Any tips on this would be appreciated.
2018-5-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I would suggest to contact DMO https://www.deutsche-modellsport ... es/application.html and ask them how you can get their insurance. It is less than 40 Euro per year and covers all countries except the USA. It is the cheapest insurance in Germany that I am aware of and I have it myself.
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPV UK (fpv.org) annual membership is £19.99 and provides £5,000,000 of public liability insurance for recreational use of drones/model aircraft in the UK. As a British citizen this covers the whole of Europe but for non Brits such as yourself it's just UK airspace. You may be better off arranging insurance separately for each country you intend to visit as a global policy may be very difficult to find and cost hundreds or even thousands if you do.
2018-5-8
Use props
fansb8c3b330
New

Luke

Hi Wachtberger, thanks for the tip but I emailed DMO and they cannot offer me an insurance as my residence is not in Europe which is necessary for our contracts.
2018-5-9
Use props
fansb8c3b330
New

A CW, according to their website FPV UK would be good if I was in the UK but non UK residents are not covered in Europe.
2018-5-9
Use props
djiuser_UUtYLP1H00Jb
New

United States

Yes, just called DMO and inquired about an insurance policy  for Drone in Europe.  They told me that i must have an address in Germany to be able to get drone insurance with DMO.  

My next questin is that if i get an insurance in US, would that be acceptable in European Countries?  Any help would be appreciated.
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules