8481 22 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse28cf031
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
United States

Hey everyone,
This is my first post and searched this topic and found no results.  I am almost ready to take my 107 test and am ready to upgrade my drone.  I am looking at the Mavic Pro Platinum, but am reserved as to wait for the Mavic Pro II (which we don't know when/if it will come out).  Any thoughts will be much appreciated.  
2018-5-9
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

It depends on how long you can wait on the MPII. The MPP and MA are both good drones. If you're looking at Range, longer flight times and a less noisy drone go with the Mavic PP, If you're looking at portability and better camera quality go for the Mavic Air. In the end it's what your needs are.
2018-5-9
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

It’s just a rumor. No guarantee it’s ever going to happen.
2018-5-9
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

There has never been any indication from DJI that they have plans to release an upgrade to the MP and MPP anytime in the near or not so near future.  The so called "MP2" is a name that was made up by dronies that think a new DJI drone is forthcoming.  Certainly DJI has never done anything to promote this speculation other than a few sales on current models now and then.
So to answer your question, If you want a DJI product to fly now or soon them the MP or MPP is a good choice IMO.
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just released the Phantom 4 Pro V2 yesterday.  They seem to be pretty quiet about their releases, but the real answer lies within yourself...

Do you want to wait an unknown period of time to get a drone with unknown features, or do you want to upgrade to a current drone with some really awesome features now?

If it were me personally, I would look heavily and compare the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Mavic Air.  Both are awesome and have incredible features.  the major differences are going to be the distance you'll get out of them, and the battery life.  Of course there are other differences,  and nobody here knows what you want to use your upgrade for.    If you have already decided that you want to be in the Mavic Pro line, then (again, my personal opinion) i would go ahead and get the Mavic Pro Platinum and get to flying!

Either way you go, you really can't lose.  Enjoy!!
2018-5-9
Use props
fanse28cf031
lvl.1
United States

Wow thanks for all the opinions.  I will have my 107 cert. very soon and am considering going into business doing some mapping/surveying.  I know the MPP won't produce the quality, but it is more portable than the Phantom 4 pro.  The MA can't do mapping as of yet, from what I have read, but has a better camera.  UGH! so many great choices.  
2018-5-9
Use props
alexcosta
New

It’s just a rumor. No guarantee it’s ever going to happen.[url=https://pickpurifier.in/best-water-purifier/]Best water purifier[/url]
2018-5-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My guess the next new aircraft will be the phantom 5 and I do hope it is waterproof.
2018-5-9
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-5-9 07:30
DJI just released the Phantom 4 Pro V2 yesterday.  They seem to be pretty quiet about their releases, but the real answer lies within yourself...

Do you want to wait an unknown period of time to get a drone with unknown features, or do you want to upgrade to a current drone with some really awesome features now?

I was also confused between MP2 and mavic air and finally i understood that DJI is not going to release the MP2 soon so I took mavic Air and I super impressed with the camera and performance. Amazing...
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sreejhu1988 Posted at 2018-5-9 09:39
I was also confused between MP2 and mavic air and finally i understood that DJI is not going to release the MP2 soon so I took mavic Air and I super impressed with the camera and performance. Amazing...

I'm sure you'll be happy.  I couldn't be more happy with my Mavic Air.  I take my Mavic out every day that i can.  I'm taking my 107 in June as well so I can start doing commercial flying
2018-5-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Yes, buy Mavic Air and you won't regret it I am sure.
2018-5-9
Use props
fanse28cf031
lvl.1
United States

3-D will you be using your Air for commercial flying or will you purchase another drone?
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanse28cf031 Posted at 2018-5-9 10:02
3-D will you be using your Air for commercial flying or will you purchase another drone?

Depends on the project.  I'll be starting with the Mavic Air.   Will likely add a Mavic Pro Platinum to the hangar by the end of the year.  and honestly, I'm just looking for a reason to buy an Inspire.  
2018-5-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I wouldn't expect the Mavic Pro v2.0 anytime soon since DJI just released the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 yesterday and they tend to space out new releases every couple months apart (Jan. - Mavic Air, March - Dual Sensor, May - Phantom 4 Pro v2.0).
2018-5-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-9 10:56
I wouldn't expect the Mavic Pro v2.0 anytime soon since DJI just released the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 yesterday and they tend to space out new releases every couple months apart (Jan. - Mavic Air, March - Dual Sensor, May - Phantom 4 Pro v2.0).

With that said, why not get a Mavic Pro at a really good deal? This way you can start flying right away!
2018-5-9
Use props
Zephyr54
lvl.2
United States

It seems that it is likely that if MPII were to come out, it would come out in the fall, as they recently introduced the MA, and the MP originally came out in the fall. All of this is speculation, and if you have enough money to buy a drone now, I would do it. If no DJI drones fit your needs, or you only have enough money to buy one drone, and you can wait, then maybe I would wait for the MPII.
2018-5-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For commercial work whereby a client is paying you serious cash to deliver a service in mapping and surveying an area with your drone... Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 or up. Portability doesn't come into it. It's the image quality driven by the camera that your client will be concerned about - not how heavy your case is to carry from your car to the JOB you are being paid to do!
For recreational/hobby use I recommend the Mavic Air - once you've passed your 107 you will really appreciate the need to maintain VLOS anyway or you'll have your 107 revoked by the FAA and the fines will be harsh! The MA has a better gimbal and camera than the MPP (I own both).
2018-5-9
Use props
SerAlex
New
Flight distance : 32566 ft

Serbia

If you planning to fly up to 250m you can take MA. For any other scenario better take MP.
2018-5-12
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-5-9 07:00
It’s just a rumor. No guarantee it’s ever going to happen.

Thiiiiissssss... x 1000.

These kinds of questions bother me an irrational amount.  Let's wait for something that may never come!  It'd be a more realistic question if they were asking MPP or MA.  
2018-5-24
Use props
krikeshav
New

India

The MPP and MA are both good drones. If you're looking at Range, longer flight times and a less noisy drone go with the Mavic PP, If you're looking at portability and better camera quality go for the Mavic Air. In the end it's what your needs are. This is true and you must go for the better one. For choosing the better products you can visit here.

https://techicm.com

2019-6-21
Use props
vsblogger7
New

India

I don't think so, there will be a new version always

2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_yVRzvLJmUgNT
lvl.1

Algeria