Height limit by law?
509 5 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tijlvda
lvl.1

Belgium

i was looking for a dji phantom (3 se) and heard about restrictions, i already made a thread on restrictions but i also heard that the dji go app sets a height limit to your drone set by the laws of the country you are in, and seen as the 3se is 1.2kg and you need a license for 1kg+ so would that just render my phantom useless or doesnt the app ask for your license? if anyone could help find the answer to this that would be great, seen as im not going to throw money at what would essentially be a fancy brick.

p.s. the limits i stated above are the way too strict belgian ones.
2018-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Soon to be overtaken by the French regulations.  800gm is the figure below which drones will not need to be registered. The maximum height ANYWHERE in France is 150m, with large swathes of the country subject to lower limits as detailed on the interactive site Geoportail.  The country is also littered with no-fly zones.  New regulations come into force apparently on 1st July 2018 which can only be even more restrictive.
2018-5-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Go app allows you to configure your maximum height up to 500m. When you change that parameter, it warns you to make sure you follow your country's rules, you click ok and you're good to go.
2018-5-9
Use props
tijlvda
lvl.1

Belgium

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-5-9 07:14
The DJI Go app allows you to configure your maximum height up to 500m. When you change that parameter, it warns you to make sure you follow your country's rules, you click ok and you're good to go.

okay thanks for that!
2018-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i also heard that the dji go app sets a height limit to your drone set by the laws of the country you are in
You heard wrong.  The Phantom doesn't do that.
You'll find there is a lot of misinformation out there.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's always recommended to follow the local regulations to avoid further troubles.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules