Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Safe to fly - Non GPS Test flight
2969 2 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joesonyeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Has anyone tried out with this status?

Apparently a few places I been to doesn't seem to connect to GPS thus I flew with Non GPS status. However, I realised when it gets to more than 5 meter above crowd, it doesn't seem to hover at same spot but drifted away. As it get higher, it get worst.

What's your encounter? I will still try out a few location hopefully I will get GPS signal. I hope my GPS device is working fine. Anyway to verify this?

2015-5-11
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Did you read the manual?

Naturally this is the case. The VPS (Visual Positioning System) only works for the first few meters (at best).

Is your switch in the GPS-mode? The P3 easily connects to enough satellites in order to get a good position. I would NOT fly (outdoors) without FIRST getting a HOMELOCK position. If you don't it might, in case of a problem/disconnection, try to fly to its old HOMELOCK - which might be in China for all I know... (This might not be an issue any longer, but it was with older Phantoms).

Don't rush it. Have patience. Go baby-steps. This is not completely as easy as the promotional videos might suggest. This takes skill and care. I'd even train on a smaller "toy" quadcopter like a Hubsan X4 before risking your fairly expensive P3 flying camera.

Good luck.
2015-5-11
Use props
joesonyeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes It is on P mode. I tested it out at open field area equivalent to 3 soccer field size. Tested at 2 different location still can't seem to connect to GPS. :-( Will try to drive out elsewhere to try again.

Yes I have keeping it safe during test flight keeping at max at 10meter and distance not more than 10meter. Just want to sure everything ok before taking the leap.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules