5 reasons you should buy Tello instead of Spark!
28451 52 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-10 08:36
Exactly the same drone I learned with. Syma XC5-1. I will always recommend this drone for begginers. I mean if you can fly this drone then any dji drone becomes easy.

Oh nice, yeah me too it's the perfect starter and helped me so much with flying my spark... Plus after getting my syma stuck in very tall trees and having to spend hours throwing sticks to try and dislodge a couple of times (always succesfully) it taught me some good lessons!!
2018-5-14
Use props
Rob_H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118 ft
United Kingdom

I looked at 'cheap' drones as well as the tello before going for the spark. I think literally if you only want to throw something in the air a few feet / meters above you head and get selfies or slightly raised photos it's a good buy considering some of the other drones for £100 are NOTHING like the tello in functionality and stability.
But if you actually want a drone that can do decent stuff the spark wins hands down. (not factoring pricing it it really!)
2018-5-14
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Seems like in the price range the Tello falls into there is nothing much to beat it.... if you are looking for something with a camera... and only have $100

But if money is no object, there are no 5 reasons as suggested.

2018-5-15
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

JimFandango Posted at 2018-5-10 05:47
I'm actually really impressed with the quality of those photos

I am too. I saw a video from Ken Heron and the video quality left some to be desired. But the photos above are really good.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good Day. Thank you for sharing a video comparing the spark and the tello. Very educating. Great Job.
2018-5-21
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

The photos look good, but without a gimbal for video, it isn't for me.

Also, the title of the thread is pure clickbait, intended to fire up emotions and get views. In that, it succeeded, so congratulations to the OP, I guess.
2018-5-21
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

Maybe the title should have been. “Five Reasons for Buying a Tello BEFORE buying the Spark”.

For the price and functionality the Tello has quite a respectable specification. Parrot released the AR-Drone quite sometime back as an educational platform. It proved to be very popular in this respect but was also quite pricey especially if you wanted to add on extra sensors and functionality. The Spark is marketed as an out of the box photo and video consumer platform platform where as i would consider the Tello to be more of an out of the box educational model with basic video and photo capability. Back when the Phantom 1 was released the most popular advice to those without any flying experience was to start with something like the little Hubsan X4 for learning the basics of flight and control. Today the Tello is probably a more relavent first model as it mimics quite a few of the features of the Spark and more advanced offerings out there.

Where the Tello differs greatly from similarly priced offerings is the ability to be programmed using a graphical PYTHON interface i.e. DroneBlocks.
This is a great feature for those wanting to learn PYTHON and experiment. Its also very useful for testing your scripts before you apply them to your much more expensive Spark/Mavic/Phantom, etc.

For those who’ve not seen a Tello in the flesh it is very well constructed, the build quality is far superiour to similarly priced quads.

2018-5-22
Use props
Darma-Bali
New

Indonesia

In calm win picture taken by Tello is god enough, the video too. Good for your own family documentation, not for to making money or making big screen movie. It's worth for making fun with my family. I have the old Phantom 2 vision,  for to walk with the family in the garden  he big phantom is not a good choice, it's heavy and to big. You cannot walk and play with the kid while in your back you carrying a back pack with phantom 2 inside. For flying time, average phantom play is around 18 minutes per single battery. you can get 10 tello battery's with the same price.  You have 100minutes to fly, but beware tello use brushed motor and sleeve bearing not ball bearing.  
You can use 2 or more tello fly around you control by your own custom program using block programing language, this one is not able to do with any DJI pro aircraft.

Don't buy tello if you are professional photographer or film maker. Or if you have budget to buy the better one and money is not a problem for you.
Theres no way to compare tello with DJI product in quality and ability, they both are in different segment
2018-8-18
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

In my opinion, for the price of a Tello, it is possible to get other brands with better features. However, the Spark stands clear of it's competitors.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

You would buy a Tello to learn on as for pictures they look decent enough but Video without a gimble would need a lot of editing.   720p video isn't all that great    Tello is worth 1/4 of the Spark.   Stands to reason you get a lower class drone.   Depends what you can afford.  
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Don't forget a TELLO has Brushed motors.. DJI have stated it will get around 40hrs flying time b4 the motors start burning out.     Spark has Brushless Motors.
2018-8-18
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-9 13:44
I think there are only two reasons to choose the Tello over the Spark: You're under 13 years of age and your parents don't spoil you

Haha, exactly!
2019-1-9
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Sold my Spark because of poor range (I live in EU) and lot of disconnects.
Well I got the Tello now and are happy with it. It is cheap, light, and perfect for fast pictures on the MTB trail. The range is also poor, but it should be :-)  
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules