Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI PHANTOM 3 STANDARD UNSTABLE DRIFTING HOVER
6083 14 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 171499 ft
United States

2018-5-9
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft

You dont have a great unfettered view of the sky in your backyard  which may  be the issue. How many satellites are you getting? The Mavic may have glonass gps which is more robust giving you better stability in your backyard.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, how many satellites did you get in the test and how about the GPS quality? Please change to another open place, make sure more than 10 satellites and full GPS bar during the flight to confirm.
2018-5-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

A Standard has GPS only and can pick up 10-12 Satellites (my experience). That what i saw in the clip is a normal reaction of a Standard,4 square feet in horizontal and 2 feet vertical is´nt  so bad to fly in low altitude. If my bird´s higher then it´s more stable in hover.

2018-5-10
Use props
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
United States

Guys I have been flying (Testing) in the back yard for over 2 years now never had that problem before. Only after updating the firmware this happened.  it still stayed stable at 7-11 Satellites. Satellites are not the problem.
2018-5-10
Use props
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-10 00:41
A Standard has GPS only and can pick up 10-12 Satellites (my experience). That what i saw in the clip is a normal reaction of a Standard,4 square feet in horizontal and 2 feet vertical is´nt  so bad to fly in low altitude. If my bird´s higher then it´s more stable in hover.

Not true about low altitude been flying in the backyard over 2 years now it always hovered perfectly.
2018-5-10
Use props
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-5-9 17:57
You dont have a great unfettered view of the sky in your backyard  which may  be the issue. How many satellites are you getting? The Mavic may have glonass gps which is more robust giving you better stability in your backyard.

I been fly testing in my backyard over 2 years now always stayed stable.
2018-5-10
Use props
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 18:46
Hi there, how many satellites did you get in the test and how about the GPS quality? Please change to another open place, make sure more than 10 satellites and full GPS bar during the flight to confirm.

Ill try another area but been test flying for over 2 years in the backyard right after I updated the firmware this happens.
2018-5-10
Use props
UAS DRONE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 18:46

I just tried it in another area still the same thing. My best bet right now is to revet back on the firmware. I am almost sure that's the problem.
2018-5-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Refresh the firmware and see if it helps.
2018-5-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If the FW was the problem, others would be complaining too.  Alabama's suggestion above is worth a try.

The left right seems to be within specs.  Specs is about 5 feet left an 5 feet right.  You seem to be there.

The up down specs is about a foot and a half up and a foot and a half down.  Can't tell if you're within specs there.

Personally, I don't see any super major problems in the vid.  You've had it two years.  My '99 Corolla doesn't run like new either, but it still gets me to where I need to be and it costs me almost nothing.  

If you really think there is a problem, you might consider degauzing the compass and then recalibrating it.  

If that doesn't work, you might try one more IMU calibration before considering replacing the FC/MC.  I did that recently with my P2V and it solved my problem.

Good luck.  
2018-5-10
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Always do the IMU calibration after updating the firmware. This has to be done with the drone resting on a perfectly fat and level surface. Use a real bubble level to check it. The bubble level apps in the APP Store or Google Play are not particularly accurate and still need calibrated before they can be considered accurate.
2018-5-10
Use props
djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311890 ft

I have had my P3S since Christmas and it does the exact same thing with the drifting as yours. I fly in a open farm field and have 9 to 10 satellites. I just thought that was part of the drone to drift a little.  
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

UAS DRONE Posted at 2018-5-10 12:54
I just tried it in another area still the same thing. My best bet right now is to revet back on the firmware. I am almost sure that's the problem.

Thanks for the clarification. The P3S doesn't support to downgrade. Please try to calibrate the IMU to see whether it helps.
2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_23nIy5wEyhDv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29278 ft

New Zealand

Phantom 3 Advanced: and Mine does the same. Only flying low tho I believe and when I'm in my backyard. My props are a bit dented up so this may be the problem.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules