Why can't DJI's CrystalSky access DJI's Mavic Pro via USB cable
1185 6 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Never gave this much thought before.  That is until DJI's Assistant 2 refuses to access Mavic Pro P flight data.  And other people are reporting similar problems with DJI's Assistant 2.

Since DJI makes both Mavics and CrystalSkys, the two should be able to communicate over USB cable connections.  Customers should be able to connect CrystalSky to Mavic with USB cable and then browse Mavic via CrystalSky.  Accessing things like Mavic's Flight Data logs, Blackbox data, microSD card, etc., and copy that information to CrystalSky.

Additionally CrystalSky should come with an Android version Assistant 2, like how CS comes with GO & Go 4.

2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your suggestion. DJI Assistant 2 is still only available for Windows and Mac OS for now, we'd like to see more features as well.
2018-5-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-13 19:32
Thanks for your suggestion. DJI Assistant 2 is still only available for Windows and Mac OS for now, we'd like to see more features as well.

Your welcome for suggestion.

Idea came about because DJI Assistant 2 running on Mac OS X will not Upload files or access BlackBox data.  Tried reloading most current Firmware onto Mavic Pro and downgrading to previous version of Mavic Pro firmware.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-13 19:52
Your welcome for suggestion.

Idea came about because DJI Assistant 2 running on Mac OS X will not Upload files or access BlackBox data.  Tried reloading most current Firmware onto Mavic Pro and downgrading to previous version of Mavic Pro firmware.

The above requests have been forwarded to our engineers. May I have more details of the DJI Assistant 2 issue? What's the current DJI Assistant 2 version? Please kindly offer the screenshots if applicable, we'd like to check and optimize the experience as well.
2018-5-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-17 23:01
The above requests have been forwarded to our engineers. May I have more details of the DJI Assistant 2 issue? What's the current DJI Assistant 2 version? Please kindly offer the screenshots if applicable, we'd like to check and optimize the experience as well.

DJI Assistant 2 - V1.2.3

Spin-Ball.jpg
Viewer.jpg
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The DJI Assistant 2 has been updated to v1.2.4, please reinstall the latest version to see whether it works. You can find it from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

2018-5-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-23 22:21
The DJI Assistant 2 has been updated to v1.2.4, please reinstall the latest version to see whether it works. You can find it from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Installed Assistant 2 (v1.2.4) on MacBook Pro running OS-X Sierra (10.12.6).  
I could see Firmware on Mavic Pro, could open calibration, and open simulator.  
However, as with previous version of Assistant 2, I could not access Flight Data or BlackBox.

Next, Deleted Assistant 2 and re-installed Assistant 2.
Rebooted MacBook Pro.
Same results.

Next, tried MacBook Air  (Assistant 2 was not installed)
Installed Assistant 2 (v1.2.4) on MacBook Air running OS-X High Sierra (10.13.4).  
Rebooted MacBook Air.
I could see Firmware on Mavic Pro, could open calibration, and open simulator.  
As with MacBook Pro, I could not access Flight Data or BlackBox.

As a side note: HoRNDIS installer which installs a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access, can not be installed on High Sierra do to OS-X security.  Not that HoRNDIS needs to be installed to use Assistant 2.  HoRNDIS is only for Android phone USB tethering mode.

Question: Where can I download Previous versions of Assistant / Assistant 2 from for MAC OS-X?
It is time to try and older version and see what happens.

2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules