P4A signal issues after fitting HDMI module
698 4 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26198 ft
United Kingdom

I wanted to use my DJi goggles at the same time as my iPad when operating my P4A. Only way to do that is to fit an HDMI output module to the back of the controller and connect the goggles to that.

So I did this and since then I’ve had no end of trouble. I did the requested RC firmware update to v2.00

Everything flies fine, but when I take a picture I get a signal loss on the iPad for 3-4s or so and when the signal comes back the camera is looking at one of the legs. The pictures seem fine but the horizon is off. It does this every time.

I then tried to do a gimbal calibration and it gets stuck at 50% every time, I can feel a vibration on the gimbal motor. I’ve tried doing it several times including after firmware refresh on bird and controller, no luck.

What to do next? I’m at the end of my tether with this and dji chat support is not helpful. They told me the hdmi output module is not supported  on the P4A which is complete rubbish.

Thanks.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, have you tried to refresh the RC after mounting the HDMI module? If yes, please kindly offer the current aircraft, controller, APP version and the issue video, we'd like to look into the exact status.
2018-5-10
Use props
amell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-10 19:28
Hi there, have you tried to refresh the RC after mounting the HDMI module? If yes, please kindly offer the current aircraft, controller, APP version and the issue video, we'd like to look into the exact status.

Hi Susan

Heres the details, sorry about delay as i needed time to get it all together:

video showing the issue:

refreshed aircraft and controller firmware. Makes no difference.

Any ideas welcome. this appears to be some firmware issue, not hardware. I lose image transmission and gimbal orientation every time i take a photo. When the picture comes back the camera is usually pointing at the leg of the aircraft. This does not happen when recording video.
2018-5-15
Use props
amell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

amell Posted at 2018-5-15 04:13
Hi Susan

Heres the details, sorry about delay as i needed time to get it all together:

A follow up. Well that was unexpected. I upgraded to the new beta firmware 1.0.800 today, and the problem is resolved... there is no signal loss on the RC any more.

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

amell Posted at 2018-5-16 12:59
A follow up. Well that was unexpected. I upgraded to the new beta firmware 1.0.800 today, and the problem is resolved... there is no signal loss on the RC any more.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to see the issue has been figured out. Enjoy it!
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules