Home / TELLO /
12Next >
18657 41 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StrokeTV
lvl.2

Hi everyone!
I'm stroke survivor Aaron Avila (My story) http://stroketv.blogspot.com/p/a.html
I also produce a brand new Drone show called I Can't Walk But I Can Fly https://www.facebook.com/I-Cant-Walk-But-I-Can-Fly-151597365606099/

A stroke advacate Drone Pilot named Tom Iliffe donated a new Tello to my cause. (Using Drones to raise stroke awarness)
Introducing Tello to my peeps.

I have tried numerous times but my Tello can take still photos but not video.

Any suggestions?

Will DJI exchange for another one?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Aaron Avila
Stroke TV Founder
Email aaronavila.stroketv@gmail.com

2018-5-10
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft

It sounds to me like it’s the app. From my experience all of the video is recorded by your phone or table. I think if you can see the camera though your device then the feed is working.

I’ll check out your show!!!
2018-5-11
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey,sorry to read on that. May I know the model number of your mobile device?Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest the compatible devices for a better view. Here is the compatible list: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads
iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2.
2018-5-12
Use props
Marc Trainor
lvl.1

I get that problem more times than I want to admit, but sometimes when I turn off my WiFi and turn it back on again and click on the Tello app it'll work.  Other times I have to try reloading my Tello ap itself, and just today I went so far as to uninstall my tello ap and re-install it.  Then it worked, but when I used the T1d with my Note 4 phone, the video was really jerky.  I've updated everything I can think of and still get this.  Bummer dude.  Good luck.  Maybe we need another firmware update for the jerky video.  Marc.
2018-5-12
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1
United States

Same thing with me. Only reloading doesn't help. Pictures will look like they're taken, but they don't save. And videos crash the app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.
2018-5-13
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-12 02:34
Hey,sorry to read on that. May I know the model number of your mobile device?Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest the compatible devices for a better view. Here is the compatible list: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads
iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Thank you for your response. I didn't get notified you responded. I'll get Model # soon.

By the way I sold a Tello to brain injury survivor in Tampa Florida and I  can't put into words the transformational life empact Tello has had on his life is unbelievable!

I have comments and videos you must see. Please give me an email?
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
I Can't Walk But I Can Fly Show
2018-5-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Hey,sorry to read on that. May I know the model number of your mobile device?Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest the compatible devices for a better view. Here is the compatible list: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads
iOS

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I'll get version when I can.
2018-5-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-21 16:11
Thank you for your response. I didn't get notified you responded. I'll get Model # soon.

By the way I sold a Tello to brain injury survivor in Tampa Florida and I  can't put into words the transformational life empact Tello has had on his life is unbelievable!

My guy in Tampa Florida has a Galaxy S7 and records flawless videos!

Mine is a Galaxy Note 4 Android version 6.01

Do you have a firmware update link?
Aaron
2018-5-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-21 19:32
My guy in Tampa Florida has a Galaxy S7 and records flawless videos!

Mine is a Galaxy Note 4 Android version 6.01

Here's my Drone Show Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/I-Cant- ... ly-151597365606099/  You can watch our new inspired Brain Injury Tello Drone Pilot videos there. Tell me what you think?
Aaron
2018-5-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

2018-5-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

iOS

Hi it's Tello Pilot Aaron Avila
I have completed current firmware update and my Tello still won't record on my phone,
My Tello Serial # is OTQDF4HBMBQX5J
Now what?
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
I Can't Walk But I Can Fly Drone Show
2018-5-22
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

iOS

You have to see what Tello is doing for a Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor in Tampa Florida! https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UuXxjL_6sNQ
2018-5-22
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-22 14:04
You have to see what Tello is doing for a Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor in Tampa Florida! https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UuXxjL_6sNQ

I have completed current firmware update and my Tello still won't record on my phone,
Now what?
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
I Can't Walk But I Can Fly Drone Show
2018-5-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-22 18:29
I have completed current firmware update and my Tello still won't record on my phone,

Hey, happy to know the impressive meaning of Tello. However, it sounds more like compatible issue. Thus we respectfully suggest that you can check with a compatible device. Sorry for that and please feel to let me know if there is any update.
2018-5-22
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

After reinstalling the Tello app mine did not record any video until I got into phone settings and allowed the app to use storage.  All is good now.
2018-5-23
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

nmac Posted at 2018-5-23 12:36
After reinstalling the Tello app mine did not record any video until I got into phone settings and allowed the app to use storage.  All is good now.

OMG! If it works I'll let you know!
2018-5-29
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-29 10:30
OMG! If it works I'll let you know![view_image]

I can't find that in my app. Where is it located?
Aaron
2018-5-29
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

On your phone go to settings and then apps.  then application manager, look and select tello, on permission give it permission to storage. your videos will be saved to phone.   I had a bad update that I had to reinstall the app and mine did not save any until I did this. I do have a Samsung s-7 edge but all phones have the same thing to set permissions.   Good luck.
2018-5-29
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

nmac Posted at 2018-5-29 14:13
On your phone go to settings and then apps.  then application manager, look and select tello, on permission give it permission to storage. your videos will be saved to phone.   I had a bad update that I had to reinstall the app and mine did not save any until I did this. I do have a Samsung s-7 edge but all phones have the same thing to set permissions.   Good luck.

IT WORKED! YAAAAAAAAAAAA! HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why doesn't Ryze tell people you must first authorize your app to save media to your phone?
2018-5-29
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-5-29 16:42
IT WORKED! YAAAAAAAAAAAA! HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why doesn't Ryze tell people you must first authorize your app to save media to your phone?

Ryze was telling me it was a compatibility issue with my phone!
2018-5-29
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-22 21:30
Hey, happy to know the impressive meaning of Tello. However, it sounds more like compatible issue. Thus we respectfully suggest that you can check with a compatible device. Sorry for that and please feel to let me know if there is any update.

Ryze,
Proof I'm a stroke survivor! It would have saved a lot of time to look for my Tello Videos in the Tello Videos folder instead of my camera roll silly stroke survivor!
All videos present and accounted for!
lol
Aaron

2018-5-29
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Ryze is new at this so give them a break but will also say that DJI also has this problem. Its very hard for any to understand what is going on unless they see for themselves so they do the best they can. For the most part it all works out in the end. But will say the first time I got the Tello and installed the app I cannot say if I had to do that as it worked great but after reinstall did not.

I am very happy I could help as I am new to these also, but did learn as much as I could and still learning and never will quit learning. I only know what I have learned from many and so very thankful to there help and did put a smile on my face knowing that I did help someone as many has me.

Yes all knows that you had a stroke and no need to keep telling all about, as I am very sick but tell no one about it as its my ordeal and no one else. Yes I know all about strokes as a friend had one but also know more of others also as I just lost my GF to cancer and a good friend also but that's life.
Glad you got yours going so go have fun and please be safe and read and learn as much as you can about..

2018-5-29
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

nmac Posted at 2018-5-29 23:43
Ryze is new at this so give them a break but will also say that DJI also has this problem. Its very hard for any to understand what is going on unless they see for themselves so they do the best they can. For the most part it all works out in the end. But will say the first time I got the Tello and installed the app I cannot say if I had to do that as it worked great but after reinstall did not.

I am very happy I could help as I am new to these also, but did learn as much as I could and still learning and never will quit learning. I only know what I have learned from many and so very thankful to there help and did put a smile on my face knowing that I did help someone as many has me.

Awesome comment about my stroke! Respect it!
I love my Tello!
So much fun!
The issue I was having of not recording wasn't Ryze at all! It's been recording flawless since day 1! I was looking in my camera roll not file named "Tello Videos" Ooops! User error! lol
2018-5-30
Use props
Calvin Chiu
New

Netherlands

I use Huawei P9,on Tello's compatible devices list. Neither picture or video is saved to my phone, while inflight photo click or video time count suggest images are being taken.  
2018-6-4
Use props
Calvin Chiu
New

Netherlands

And, I permit Tello App use storage. Storage has plenty of space.
2018-6-4
Use props
Calvin Chiu
New

Netherlands

I tried on my iPhone 5SE, pics and video are saved. Looks like a device specific issue.
2018-6-4
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-22 21:30

Ryze! Your transforming lives!

Ryze Tello Drone piloted by Gene Rankin from Tampa Florida
Gene has experienced a life changing moment after Piloting his $99.00 dollar Tello Drone.

Gene told me the other day, "I now have a reason to get up in the morning" NOW THAT'S POWERFUL STUFF!

2018-6-7
Use props
Alberto Long
New

Spain

To connect cellphone to tello network and then open tello app could be the key.
1 switch on tello
2 connect phone to drone
  network
3 open app
Youll see your recordings on play icon -right top-
2018-7-12
Use props
Yun Ru
New

Help..
No picture or video store in my Huawei mate 8..
2018-10-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Yun Ru Posted at 2018-10-6 17:50
Help..
No picture or video store in my Huawei mate 8..

Dear Yun,please make sure your permissions are set properly. To achieve it, please just go to Setting - Permission management - Application - Tello– allow its storage permissions or trust it. Then find the image and video shown under other files in Album.
2018-10-6
Use props
Yun Ru
New

Malaysia

I already done that. There a file folder created in the phone system. But there no recording or picture.
2018-10-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Yun Ru Posted at 2018-10-6 21:54
I already done that. There a file folder created in the phone system. But there no recording or picture.

Thanks for your time reaching us back Yun. I have tested with Huawei X5 and fixed it by trusting the app and reinstall the APP. Please kindly have a try and perhaps it would help.  If you're still encountering this, to address it properly, would you be so kind to record a video showing this problem, plus the screenshots of the system version of the mobile device, of the APP version?  Thanks a lot in advance.
2018-10-7
Use props
Yun Ru
New

Malaysia

I reinstalled the app. Still nothing.
2018-10-7
Use props
Yun Ru
New

Malaysia

Here my screen shot
2018-10-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry for unable to reply you in time due to rest Yuan. To correct this issue properly,  can you offer a video showing this issue ( set permission & no pics under album after recording ), plus screenshots of system version, of the APP version & firmware version which might be delivered to engineer for further analysis.  By the way, sorry that we haven't discovered screenshots you provided.

Look forward to your responses. And you can also contact us at :
Email: support@ryzerobotics.com
Tel: +1 31 06165299 ( US only )
Online support: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_OoleGKJqKNoa
New

Brazil

Tenho um tello o mesmo deu problema no motor dai fiz a troca direitinho e quando dou o comando ele aciona os motores porém não decola alguém pode me ajudar
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_6I0m7kKYjpRC
New

Hong Kong

For what it's worth, I couldn't view videos after taking them. After a Live Chat with the techie, I updated the firmware via the Tello App and the issue was fixed. The app still freezes occasionally after using Video. iPhone 6
2018-10-28
Use props
fans8e6d3381
New
Flight distance : 92398 ft
United States

VERY EASY SOLUTION: turn off location service for the tello app on IOS. Go to settings, scroll down to the tello app and click on it. For the “allow tello to access LOCATION, change it to NEVER. All set. Thansk to Dylan at DJI tello chat support. Enjoy it guys and gals.
2018-11-21
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8e6d3381 Posted at 11-21 18:37
VERY EASY SOLUTION: turn off location service for the tello app on IOS. Go to settings, scroll down to the tello app and click on it. For the “allow tello to access LOCATION, change it to NEVER. All set. Thansk to Dylan at DJI tello chat support. Enjoy it guys and gals.

Finally an answer. Yup the location services set to “never” worked on my iPhone 8
Thanks!
2018-12-2
Use props
boltsdrummer
New

United States

I received a Tello for Christmas and am very dissatisfied with it...fly's fine but here has been a  KNOWN issue posted all over the web with this unit not recording or taking pictures because of the app .

I keep reloading the app and have hit the accept button (that absolutely flys by ) for the camera setting and it still does not work on my iphone 7plus

this should be a simple programming fix...come on fix the app because what good is a drone that doesn't record.
2019-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules