CALL FOR Custom adapter for inspire gimbal
1276 2 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
copterviewdev
New

Germany

Hi there,

who else would love to have a adapter to connect an own camera or other device to the inspire gimbal connector?I really love my inspire and persoanally the flying experience outstands all other UAS I flew earlier. BUT there is one limitation: there is no platform to attach extra load and no access to power or control ports.

So I plead for a gimbal adapter without camera or a direct access to the gimbal bayonet adapter.
Why? Many reasons: IR sensitive camera, night vision camera, load and despense unit, laser system (surveillance) a.s.o. As said there are other UAS who offer these option but cannot conquer with the flight characteristics of the inspire.

All it needs is:
  • Pin layout published by dji
  • Specs of the adapter published
  • Gimbal with empty camera position / or 3 point moint for custom gimbal

Please comment, if you agree or not!

2015-5-11
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Unfortunately, DJI has made clear that they have no intention of publishing that spec, or permitting third-party devices to connect to that port. However, they have implied that they intend to release other compatible cameras themselves -  if so, hopefully these will have enhanced capabilities.
2015-5-11
Use props
tim.durham00
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes that sounds like a sensible suggestion, please DJI we want to do more with these birds.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules