Osmo Mobile 2, iPhone X, External Mic and Power to Phone
2296 2 2018-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EZgRZyc9JiZM
New
United States

Wondering if anyone has had any luck finding an adapter that allows you to run an external mic (3.5mm) and a power your phone at the same time. There are several lightning + 3.5mm to lightning or 2x lighting to lightning adapters (you would need to use Apples 3.5mm to lightning adapter for this setup), but they all seem to only support audio out for headphones.

Idealy, I want to run a USB to lightenting cable from my Osmo Mobile to an adapter that would allow me to power my phone and plug in my Rode VideoMicro microphone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
2018-5-10
Use props
Nick001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15551 ft

I have recently purchased the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and it's working perfect with my iPhone X. However I want to use an external microphone, so got a bracket that can fit onto the bottom of the OM2, but I cannot connect the microphone Rode VideoMicro as the connector on the phone is at the bottom and this is not accessible when the mobile is in the OM2...  I cannot think of a way out of this unless I use an older phone, but that wasn't the idea as I wanted to use the quality of the iPhone X video
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Good day! We understand your concern here however our DJI OSMO Mobile 2 does not have capability of installing any external microphones due to that It might affect the balance of the osmo. Thank you for understanding.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules