Will new low noise props be available for the P4 STD?
1420 16 2018-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vetinari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34039 ft

So the newest P4 does have low noise (modified blade tips) props. If they fit the same P4 hubs will we be able to order a set for our P4s?

2018-5-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would bet they probably wouldn't work right because of the different  esc's  on the regular p4.  Not sure tho, maybe someone else can chime in.
2018-5-11
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4
United States

Yes. It's just like putting the Platinum blades on the regular Mavic Pro.
2018-5-11
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Here is your answer:
2018-5-11
Use props
Vetinari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34039 ft

Good answer! I'll be trying a set as soon as possible,  hopefully making my P4 sound a little more like a Hummingbird (a big one), than a very large swarm of angry Hornets...
2018-5-11
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft

I've just ordered two sets. If anyone has a set already, are you able to advise if the overall length is the same as the standard props or is the raised tip additional to the original length? The specs for each are worded slightly differently on the web sites and suggest these new props may be slightly longer.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has actually tried them to see if they believe performance has been in any way impacted or improved with these new props
2018-5-11
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

JockC Posted at 2018-5-11 19:52
I've just ordered two sets. If anyone has a set already, are you able to advise if the overall length is the same as the standard props or is the raised tip additional to the original length? The specs for each are worded slightly differently on the web sites and suggest these new props may be slightly longer.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has actually tried them to see if they believe performance has been in any way impacted or improved with these new props

How did you order them? The DJI store says they are out of stock.
2018-5-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

JockC Posted at 2018-5-11 19:52
I've just ordered two sets. If anyone has a set already, are you able to advise if the overall length is the same as the standard props or is the raised tip additional to the original length? The specs for each are worded slightly differently on the web sites and suggest these new props may be slightly longer.

In a thread discussing the P5 i believe those props was pictured and the answer i got was that they appear to be slightly shorter witch is a good thing as we then will see less of them in the picture.
Please report back when you get yours and find out, i'll hold on for a while hoping some black will show up too.
2018-5-11
Use props
JockC
lvl.4

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-5-11 20:03
How did you order them? The DJI store says they are out of stock.

I ordered them from a distributor on backorder
2018-5-11
Use props
JockC
lvl.4

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-11 20:32
In a thread discussing the P5 i believe those props was pictured and the answer i got was that they appear to be slightly shorter witch is a good thing as we then will see less of them in the picture.
Please report back when you get yours and find out, i'll hold on for a while hoping some black will show up too.

Thanks for that. If they are indeed shorter then one might expect them to also have a slightly higher pitch in order to compensate for the reduced lift although the ends of the prop are not very wide so any loss in lift might be minimal. I will certainly report back once I receive and test them with any observations that I make at the time. Given that they're on backorder, that could be some time yet.
2018-5-11
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-11 20:32
Please report back when you get yours and find out, i'll hold on for a while hoping some black will show up too.

Surly they are the same length!

They only look shorter because they are fatter and have more angle on them so will produce the same lift at slower speed.

Their length and pitch is encoded in their name...
2018-5-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-11 23:41
Surly they are the same length!

They only look shorter because they are fatter and have more angle on them so will produce the same lift at slower speed.

You might as well be right on that, all i know is based on this reply from an older thread that brought me hope that they might have reduced the length a little bit.
2018-5-11
Use props
davedog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162280 ft
United States

Compatibility:
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Advanced

Why are they leaving out the original Phantom 4 (2016) from this list? Would there be any issue using the new props on an original P4? Any official word from DJI?
2018-5-18
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

davedog Posted at 2018-5-18 09:13
Compatibility:
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Pro

My guess is that they haven't bothered testing them fully and are worried that maybe in sports mode in a 40mph wind at full descent speed and maximum rotation speed they might run into trouble!  If they don't say that they will work then they don't need to worry.

However DJI_Susan on another thread does appear to have confirmed that they will work and I'm sure we will get some confirmation from people trying them very soon...

2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Compatibility:
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Pro

Unless you think that your P4 is not within the P4 series they didn't leave out your P4.
2018-5-18
Use props
JockC
lvl.4

Compatibility:
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Pro

Mine arrived today and they appear to be fine on my P4 Standard after an initial (short) flight. Initial report is in post#8 at the link below but I will do a more extensive test later. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2018-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Compatibility:
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Phantom 4 Pro

It could be that they don't sell new P4s now, only P4P, P4P V2 & P4A.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules