Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Image on the DJIGO app freezes in flight mode
794 13 2018-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Julius Vladička
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi all, I would really appreaciate your help on this. I've been looking for solutions everywhere unfortunatelly with no luck.
So here's my problem. While in flight mode the image on the phone using DJIGO app keeps twitching and suddenly completely freezes becoming black and white. Even though I can still control the drone as well as I can take pictures or make videos without seeing what I shoot. It seems to be quite random because sometimes I can fly around for 5 min until the image freezes, sometimes it does so on the lift off.
First I thought maybe there's something wrong with hardware (that is the camera) but then wouldn't I be able to take pictures...?
If that would help my app version is 3.1.34
firmware 1.9.20
Please help!
2018-5-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Have you tried reinstall the DJI GO APP ?
2018-5-11
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What OS are you using iOS or android and what model is your mobile?  If you have a cellular then did you switch to airplane mode?

2018-5-11
Use props
Julius Vladička
lvl.1

Lithuania

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-5-11 09:08
Have you tried reinstall the DJI GO APP ?

Yes I did. Didn't help.
2018-5-11
Use props
Julius Vladička
lvl.1

Lithuania

Peterx Posted at 2018-5-11 12:18
What OS are you using iOS or android and what model is your mobile?  If you have a cellular then did you switch to airplane mode?

It's latest android on google pixel 2. Though I'd experienced same issues with a chinese phone (elephone) I used earlier. And no, I didn't use it in airplane mode. Should I?
2018-5-11
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Try using another USB cable between the phone and the controller.
Switch to airplane mode when you fly.
Kill all APP running in the background.
Stop DJIGO in saving video in the cache.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-11 21:59

If the OP has a P3S it doesn’t use a USB cable to connect but the other advice is spot on, you could try add a cheap windsurfer to increase the signal video feed and also is the antenna orientated correctly for the position of the drone, flying overhead is also one of the worst places for low signal regardless of the height.
2018-5-11
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

AlanHd Posted at 2018-5-11 22:33
If the OP has a P3S it doesn’t use a USB cable to connect but the other advice is spot on, you could try add a cheap windsurfer to increase the signal video feed and also is the antenna orientated correctly for the position of the drone, flying overhead is also one of the worst places for low signal regardless of the height.

Thanks for the correction. I do not know so much about P3S.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-11
Use props
Julius Vladička
lvl.1

Lithuania

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-11 21:59

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but doesn't airplane mode mean that both wi-fi and gps are disabled?
2018-5-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Julius Vladička Posted at 2018-5-13 03:19
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but doesn't airplane mode mean that both wi-fi and gps are disabled?

Once you switch to airplane mode you can turn just WiFi back on, you don’t need a data connection on your device to fly, you can always cache the map before flying.
2018-5-13
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Kill tasks and airplane mode saves much processing resources on your mobile.  WIFI is available in airplane mode too as AlanHd told. I always use the airplane mode to avoid freezing and interferences on mobile.
2018-5-13
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Denmark

Julius Vladička Posted at 2018-5-13 03:19

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.   

As others also explain, the airplane mode makes it possible to close all communication to the outside world. Afterwards, open the WiFi connection to your controller.

I do not think that Airplane mode closes for your devised GPS, but I am not sure.

I was unaware that your controller uses WiFi to talk to DJIGO when I answered, so I mentioned the USB cable.

Fly well. Regards Leif.
2018-5-13
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

GPS modules are still active in airplane mode. Don´t worry. The USB is not needed on P3S.
2018-5-13
Use props
Julius Vladička
lvl.1

Lithuania

Thank you all, although I did experienced some twitches still the flight was way much better. I guess I should also consider antenna booster.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules