out of range of the remote.
3470 16 2018-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneamatic
lvl.1

I fly a P4 Pro.

When using Drone Deploy the flight plan is uploaded to the drone autopilot.

Can the drone fly out of remote range to accomplish the flight plan?

It did not on the one time I tried it. It stall out when it went out of range and eventually came home.

It seems logical it should be able to leave the remote's range and run the flight plan.

2018-5-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It can't accomplish the mission if it loses signal.  RTH kicks in and it returns.
2018-5-11
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-11 11:43
It can't accomplish the mission if it loses signal.  RTH kicks in and it returns.

That was my observation.
It hinders my mapping of timber unless I can get a tower above the trees.

If the flight plan is loaded into the drone it should be able to run the mission.

2018-5-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Try moving remote to a higher location, or shorter missions
2018-5-11
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-11 14:01
Try moving remote to a higher location, or shorter missions

And  therein lies the problem. Land entirely flat for many miles. Trees 100 feet tall. It is build a tower or whatever. But I am only getting half a mile at best.
2018-5-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

A range extender might help, but that voids the warranty if yours is still within it.
2018-5-11
Use props
droneamatic
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-5-11 14:08
A range extender might help, but that voids the warranty if yours is still within it.

Already installed extender antennas. Apparently the specs mean 'clear view'. I live in flat tree dense territory. Maybe put the antenna on another drone? haha

Actually that's a good idea. Small drone with antenna. Wireless connection to Remote below.

2018-5-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Yeah, reinvent the wheel lol.
2018-5-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Deploy have a good forum with support from people that know DD pretty well.
Try asking over there.
2018-5-11
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about the Litchi App. Will that do a return to home if it loses signal?
2018-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-11 15:50
What about the Litchi App. Will that do a return to home if it loses signal?

From what is reported on here, Litchi does not do a RTH if it loses signal in the middle of a mission. But it is wise to bring it back home as the last waypoint of a mission.
2018-5-11
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-11 15:53
From what is reported on here, Litchi does not do a RTH if it loses signal in the middle of a mission. But it is wise to bring it back home as the last waypoint of a mission.

So the original poster could do a Litchi waypoint mission where is does a full circle and if it goes out of range during the mission it will continue on its path until the mission is compete?
2018-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-11 15:57
So the original poster could do a Litchi waypoint mission where is does a full circle and if it goes out of range during the mission it will continue on its path until the mission is compete?

I am not an expert on Litchi, but from what I have read here, yes. Probably one of the experts is Dirty Bird, so perhaps he might confirm that. I beleive many of his long distance missions are done that way.
2018-5-11
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-11 16:50
I am not an expert on Litchi, but from what I have read here, yes. Probably one of the experts is Dirty Bird, so perhaps he might confirm that. I beleive many of his long distance missions are done that way.

Found the answer to our question on Litchi's website.

Waypoint

Info Waypoint mode is supported by all DJI drones except Spark.

Litchi's Waypoint mode allows you to setup classic waypoint missions as well as advanced camera moves such as Selfies and Cable Cams.
Place multiple waypoints on a map however far you want and the aircraft will fly from waypoint to waypoint and complete the mission even if the signal is lost.
The maximum aircraft speed in this mode is 15m/s (no wind).
Enter the Waypoint mode by pressing the Flight Mode icon at the top left of the Litchi screen. Select "Waypoint". You can then start editing missions.
2018-5-11
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote range has nothing to do with it. When you program a mission it loads the coordinates into your drone and then it flys the mission to those coordinates and once finished it will return to the take off point. The range o you RC has nothing to do with it. The larger concern is the battery length. Once the battery capacity goes low, the drone will return and you will refresh your battery and the drone will fly to the point of the low battery and resume the mission and return home once completed.
2018-5-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you watch DB's Follow The Leader vid (he's using Litchi), and you know what the rear lamps are communicating, you can see the leader is showing he has lost signal for the majority of its mission, and yet the mission keeps on flying.  At the 1:30 mark, the signal begins to become intermittent due to the AC's low altitude, and the control signal stays intermittent until the AC approaches the 4 min mark, where the AC loses the control signal completely.  None of this has any effect on the mission.  The AC finally begins to return to the edge of range after the 14 min mark.

2018-5-12
Use props
djiuser_4xm6tKBu5Cch
New

Czechia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-11 16:56
Found the answer to our question on Litchi's website.

Waypoint

can anyone actually confirm succesfull waypoint mission beyond controller range for Mini/Mini SE with Litchi?
i wasnt able to do it so far and I also keep reading that Litchi waypoint just emulates controller joystick movement so you still need to stay in range to mini get those emulated signals to move to another waypoint as it is transmitting them real time and they are not preloaded to the drone... confusing!
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules