P4 2.0 - Mavic Air - DJI goggles
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>

Hello everyone.

First time poster, with a couple questions.  Hopefully posting them in the right spot.

So, I have an old P2 with Zenmuse gimbal, GoPro4 Camera and a Black Pearl Monitor.

Wanting to take this UAV thing to the next level and start earning some money.  I'm Canadian so I have made sure I am Transport Canada complient in terms of certification and insured.

Ok...so...long story short.  I'm ready to upgrade as my old drone is....old and complicated to say the least.

I think I'm going to get the P4 Pro 2.0 AND the Mavic Air.  Ideally, I would like to be able to go out with my "co-pilot/spotter" and even the client on some shoots.  What do you guys suggest would be the best setup that would allow me to fly the UAV and take the shots AND allow the client and/or my co-pilot to use another device just to watch?

I was thinking the Crystalsky Ultra (glare on sunny days was always an issue with my Black Pearl) for myself and just running a cable to a tablet for the co-pilot and/or client to watch.

Second idea is getting a pair of DJI goggles and another monitor. In an ideal world the two would be interchangable should I want to let the client use the goggles (but not the controls) as I use the monitor...and vice versa.  Is that possible now with the OccuSync?

Anyone come up with a better idea?

I know this is a long shot but it sure would be nice to for the monitor NOT to need the cable attached but I'm doubtful that is available now.

Anyhoo...thanks for your patiences...any ideas, thoughts or suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

2018-5-11
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure about the P4 Pro V2 but I’d go the Mavic pro rather than the Air. The pro folds up nearly as small as the Air  and has longer flight time and range stability in the wind and connects wirelessly to goggles. With the pro the goggles also have a handy great  digital zoom using the 5D control on the remote (would be great for your client/observer to)
I also have the crystal sky monitor which is simply the best in sun light.
I have an Air & Pro and whilst the Air is great I prefer the Pro
2018-5-11
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>

Auspete Posted at 2018-5-11 16:28
Not sure about the P4 Pro V2 but I’d go the Mavic pro rather than the Air. The pro folds up nearly as small as the Air  and has longer flight time and range stability in the wind and connects wirelessly to goggles. With the pro the goggles also have a handy great  digital zoom using the 5D control on the remote (would be great for your client/observer to)
I also have the crystal sky monitor which is simply the best in sun light.
I have an Air & Pro and whilst the Air is great I prefer the Pro

Thank you for your reply Auspete.  I am curious to know your thoughts on the Mavic Pro's gimbals.  I've read where some people claim that it is more fragile than the Air.  How is yours holding up? The was the primary reason I was going to go Air.   
2018-5-11
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BC NightOwl Posted at 2018-5-11 17:19
Thank you for your reply Auspete.  I am curious to know your thoughts on the Mavic Pro's gimbals.  I've read where some people claim that it is more fragile than the Air.  How is yours holding up? The was the primary reason I was going to go Air.

Had my pro for 15 months and done about 250 hours flying. Had absolute zero problems with it nor the gimbal. I am very careful with my gear though. Always careful when taking the gimbal lock on and off and never transport without it being on.
The other big plus of the pro over the air is the noise. I bought the low noise props and the difference between the air and pro is significant. The air sounds like a bee on steroids but the pro with the low noise props has a much lower pitch.
The Pro also has the screen with essential info on the remote in an emergency if your phone/tablet looses connection. Extra function keys as well on the remote
When videoing the pro handles stabilisation better than the air when going hard.
2018-5-12
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>

Auspete Posted at 2018-5-12 15:59
Had my pro for 15 months and done about 250 hours flying. Had absolute zero problems with it nor the gimbal. I am very careful with my gear though. Always careful when taking the gimbal lock on and off and never transport without it being on.
The other big plus of the pro over the air is the noise. I bought the low noise props and the difference between the air and pro is significant. The air sounds like a bee on steroids but the pro with the low noise props has a much lower pitch.
The Air also has the screen with essential info on it on the remote in an emergency if your phone/tablet looses connection. Extra function keys as well on the remote

Excellent AusPete....you've convinced me.  Especially in regards to the compatibility with the Goggles.

Thanks again
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules