Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Error?
21627 23 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leblanc7513
lvl.1

United States

Just went to take my first flight since 1.1.8 Firmware update. Battery is at 98% and then after adjusting my camera settings for about 2-3 minutes, the pilot app goes from showing 98% quad battery to 0% and showing a battery error. I power cycled the remote and quad several times and tried removing the battery and reinserting in into the quad. Still showing the battery error. All 4 leds are lit up on the battery itself. I just now put it on the charger and it is showing all 4 leds lighting up in sequence and then all going out (Showing it is at a low charge), although when you press the button on the battery itself to show charge, it shows fully charged. I updated the firmware Friday and haven't flown since Thursday. The battery had a full charge after completing firmware update. The batter has been in my case for the last 3 days fully charged and not in use. Any idea what is causing this?

2015-5-11
Use props
leblanc7513
lvl.1

United States

2015-5-11
Use props
leblanc7513
lvl.1

United States

The battery "charged" for like 5 minutes before it showed a fully charged battery on the charger (all lights off). Went to try to fly again, everything seemed fine. Showed 100% battery. 3 minutes into the flight it changed to the same error message "battery error". The motors didn't stop but I immediately landed the quad. What the hell is going on with this thing?
2015-5-11
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

leblanc7513 Posted at 2015-5-12 05:11
The battery "charged" for like 5 minutes before it showed a fully charged battery on the charger (al ...

Try a complete discharge of the battery.  Take off props leave the P3 on till it completely turns off then after about a hour of cooling let it fully recharge.
2015-5-11
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You know - if you leave the .bin file on the msd card - after you have updated the controller and the phantom, it will update the firmware in the battery when it is first installed into the phantom and powered on.  I have not seen any discussion of how long the update to the batteries takes, but I would think that you need to let this happen for each of your batteries and you need to give it some time.  Just a guess.
2015-5-11
Use props
gecko
New

United States

*Caution.
I had the exact same screen for about 8 seconds and then the display said disconnected and I watched my phantom 3 fall 393 feet and crash in the grass about 100 feet from the controller and home point about 3 minutes into that flight.
It was the 2nd flight for that battery and the 2nd flight of the day, the 12th flight over all for the phantom.
I was using the newest version of the (android) pilot app and the newest 1.2.6 firmware on the phantom and both batteries a few days prior.
Everything was fully charged. I had even already flown (both batteries) the day before on the upgraded firmware.
Several things were damaged, the camera arm broke sending the camera head 20 feet away, the battery popped out and while it shows a full charge and only some minor scratches,
I can't check anything because the phantom just beeps at me when attempting to power up.

2015-6-22
Use props
Pilot_Mark
New

United States

This might sound too easy, but I had the same problem with a brand new battery.   It would not seat properly without a firm push.   It looked like it was in all the way, would boot up but kept getting the battery error.   It only went in about 1/64" more after re-seating the battery, but that was enough to clear the error.  The connectors inside must have poor engagement for that little bit to make a difference.
2015-8-3
Use props
rdanielvg
New

Mexico

Hi, guys,  Im from México.

I just had the same situation  with this "battery error"  and  fortunately I was able to solve it.  In my case I had to open my phantom 3 pro.  I removed de top cover and the  battery connector was disconnected, So I just connected it back and that was it.  I hope it can help you guys.  

2015-8-21
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Also might try pushing the battery power button and holding for 5 seconds to see what it gives for estimated life expectancy.  I assume it will be 100% and just the connector problem, but it won't hurt to check.
2015-8-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Happy to report, that all four of my intelligent flight batteries snap smartly into place and click locked.
There are no loose connections here, that need further adjustment. Only a Very fine fit and finish.

Man and Ladies, I feel fortunate to have a problem and blemish free bird.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-21
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

I just got the same error... was able to land safely (about 5 minutes into the flight).  Pushed to reseat and it "seemed" to be in all the way.  Just checked again and it was out by about that same 1/64 of an inch.  Dark now and the battery is a bit low so I'll recharge and try again tomorrow.  I'll post an update.
2015-10-10
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-11 19:59
You know - if you leave the .bin file on the msd card - after you have updated the controller and th ...

Battery update takes just about 1 minute.
2015-10-10
Use props
kevin.mastersge
New

United States

I just spent almost four hours trying to upgrade my P3P's (and RC) firmware.  Error after error after error.  So frustrating.   I also noticed I was getting the "Battery Error" status on the iPad/DJI GO app indicator.  So I spent a little while browsing this forum and stumbled onto this thread.  I see that Pilot_Mark made a note about seating the battery properly.  I thought: pfffttt...what?  No way.  I mean....my aircraft is on, lights are flashing...its just not updating correctly.  Well guess what?  Because of Mark's comment I went to check my battery and sure enough I did NOT have my battery fully engaged.  I think it is weird the aircraft will turn on and seemingly operate normally with the battery not seated properly.     I am now starting over with my firmware updates.  I cannot (yet) confirm that this battery issue was the "thorn in my side" wrecking havoc with my updates, but I can confirm the aircraft updating has now progressed further than it has in the last four hours.  So I hope this solves my issues.  Thank you Pilot_Mark.

Kevin
2015-10-11
Use props
DroPro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1134285 ft
Switzerland

Looks like I have been lucky that my Phantom was not too far away. At least that's my learning, don't go too far. Your Phantom might decide to just land instantly. I had to push up the left stick so it didn't land, and take it back quickly (grey path). After landing, it still showed "Critically Low Voltage". I powerd off, and on again and flew it down to 30%. I hope that was a one time problem after a two-week-break. But it's still strange when you get a message out of the blue that your bird wants to land.

IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
2015-10-12
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

DroPro Posted at 2015-10-12 06:46
Looks like I have been lucky that my Phantom was not too far away. At least that's my learning, don' ...

Looks like this is another instance of low voltage caused by flying with a battery that was not completely charged prior to flight.  Almost every time we see this scenario it includes taking off with partially drained battery.   Did you upload your flight record to HealthyDrones?

One thing that is puzzling and worrisome, is why is it showing critically low voltage when the voltage is reading 3.82?  On mine the voltage listed under the percentage (when display voltage is toggled on) is always the voltage of the cell that is the lowest.  My voltages when I look are the same most of the time and when they differ it might be one by 0.01 volt.
2015-10-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-11 19:59
You know - if you leave the .bin file on the msd card - after you have updated the controller and th ...

It takes a couple of minutes. You will hear beeping from the Phantom while it is updating. Also when you put the Battery in the Phantom for the first time you will receive a notice in the Go Program stating that an update is required.
2015-10-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

gecko Posted at 2015-6-22 22:10
*Caution.
I had the exact same screen for about 8 seconds and then the display said disconnected and ...

If the Battery goes completely dead the Phantom will head for Earth. You should have received Alerts long before it died?
2015-10-12
Use props
danalstewart
New

I unboxed a new P3 battery a week ago. It was unopened for about 6 weeks.
I up dated the firmware and charged the battery.
I used it in my Quad 5 times.
Every time after about 3 minutes, 100 to 200 FT. up I get the message, "Battery System Error".
The battery buzzes, the lights are red and the DJI app shows 0% .
I have no problems with my other 2 batteries.
Does anyone have any advice.
I can't find DJI customer help.
Thanks.
Dana
danalstewart@verizon.net
2016-3-6
Use props
Erock76
New

United States

This last Saturday my P4 was flying along at 137' and threw a battery error, after which it immediately shut off and crashed. Was at 56% and have it set to return home at 15% battery life to be safe. This is every drone operator's worst nightmare. Fortunately, we were in the country so it didn't fall on anyone, but now I'm out a drone. To be clear, the second I received the warning the drone shut completely off.

Ugh .{:4_154:}
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Erock76 Posted at 2017-7-30 19:22
This last Saturday my P4 was flying along at 137' and threw a battery error, after which it immediately shut off and crashed. Was at 56% and have it set to return home at 15% battery life to be safe. This is every drone operator's worst nightmare. Fortunately, we were in the country so it didn't fall on anyone, but now I'm out a drone. To be clear, the second I received the warning the drone shut completely off.

Ugh .{:4_154:}

Sorry for the crash accident. Is your drone still in warranty? If so, please sync the flight records and send in to local repair center, data analysis team will analyze the reason for you.
If it's malfunction in warranty, the drone will be repaired without any charge.
2017-7-31
Use props
Erock76
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-31 00:54
Sorry for the crash accident. Is your drone still in warranty? If so, please sync the flight records and send in to local repair center, data analysis team will analyze the reason for you.
If it's malfunction in warranty, the drone will be repaired without any charge.

Not sure. Bought it May of last year. I sent all the information in along with SN so I'm sure they'll tell me. Thanks for the reply.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Erock76 Posted at 2017-7-31 07:43
Not sure. Bought it May of last year. I sent all the information in along with SN so I'm sure they'll tell me. Thanks for the reply.

You are welcome, hope everything goes smoothly.
2017-7-31
Use props
andre3
New
Flight distance : 118140 ft
South Africa

I would like to share what happend to  my P4 take off all well batterye 98%  next moment battey error comes up and and P4 dropped out the sky all to smithereens I'm devestated this is not pilot error
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

andre3 Posted at 2017-8-15 03:18
I would like to share what happend to  my P4 take off all well batterye 98%  next moment battey error comes up and and P4 dropped out the sky all to smithereens I'm devestated this is not pilot error

Diana has replied your own post, please contact our support to start a ticket and send the drone in for data analysis if it is still in warranty.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules