SURVEY: Horizon issues
1051 7 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Hello,

as I have  (like others) issues with the horizon level of the Inspire I just wanted to start a survey to evaluate how common this problem is among the Inspire users. There are lots of Inspire videos available which show the horizon being not exactly level, but often 1-2 degrees off. I know this can be fixed in post production, but that means a loss of resolution.
For sure it's required that IMU and compass calibration have been done before evaluating the horizon performance.

It would be great if as many as possible users would participate this survey to get a good general view on the issue. Thanks a lot for your help !
2015-5-11
Use props
parralix
lvl.1

Spain

my horizon is not level even after imu and gimbal calibration on level surface
2015-5-12
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

My horizon isn't level no matter what I do, whichever firmware version I've used. This is surprising as it's never been an issue with a Phantom 2 gimbals, it's getting old fixing this in post, not even mentioning the time wasted.
2015-5-12
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

Mine is out also, it's all over Google so dji must be aware of it. It also affects the phantom h2-3d gimbal so something is conflicting with something.  I do not edit any of my photos, I may crop them via an iPad app but that's it. I'm not sitting in front of a p.c for hours straightening horizons when it should be straight in the beginning.  When this is sorted dji will have the perfect quad copter.
2015-5-14
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

same here, never has been exactly level.
2015-5-14
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

NOT LEVEL.... VERY FRUSTRATING....
2015-5-14
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

Had mine go off center and not level the other day after conducting a slow coordinated turn.  Had to hover the I1 for a bit for the gimbal to fix itself.  Frustrating for sure.
2015-5-14
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

You may try Taho-Ed suggestion for calibration reported here : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15168
2015-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules