Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Galaxy Tab E compatible?
7078 6 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joymaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 763694 ft
United States

I was under the impression, after reading the list of supported devices, that all the Samsung Galaxy Tab product line was supported. So I bought a new Galaxy Tab E, 9.6 inch, 16 GB, downloaded DJI Go 4, and plugged my Mavic Pro controller into it. And then things went crazy.  A message box started bouncing on and off on my tablet screen, saying something like, "Do you want to open the app DJI Go 4 by default when this device is plugged in?" Finally when I caught it once long enough to say OK, that quit. But I can't get DJI Go 4 to recognize the connection by any manner of means. I tried plugging a micro USB to USB A cable from my tablet to the large USB port on the controller. No help. I tried, and the most awkward possible manner, plugging the very short supply cable from the small port on the controller to the tablet.  Exact same behavior. The connection is never recognized and I sometimes get the error pictured below: Galaxy Tab error message.jpg Awkward cabling.JPG
What could be wrong here? Have I bought the wrong tablet, do I need to return it? Do I need to install some kind of driver on the tablet?  Am I dealing with defective hardware?  The message would suggest that Android perceives the Mavic controller as an Apple device!

The tablet says it software is up-to-date.  DJI Go 4 Is brand-new, freshly downloaded. The controller and the drone work just fine when connected to my iPhone 6 – I just wanted a bigger screen!

Android version 7.1.1
Samsung Experience version 8.5

2018-5-12
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here. This is the list of "preferred" tablets. I hope it helps:
2018-5-13
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here. This is the list of "preferred" tablets. I hope it helps:
2018-5-13
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Well, I'm trying to paste it...
2018-5-13
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'll do it this way: Mavic Air: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads  Mavic Pro: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads  
2018-5-13
Use props
djiuser_61hJPr2Uyaud
lvl.1

I had the same problem using my galaxy tab a. I called DJI and was informed that the galaxy “s” series will work and iOS. The galaxy tab is not supported. Let’s stay on DJI to get this fixed.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJIBen
New
Flight distance : 8589 ft
United States

I have been struggling with my Galaxy Tab E also.  I can get it to work if I power on Drone, power on Remote, then turn on galaxy tablet.  When it starts to spell out Samsung or does the phone carrier splash screen, plug in the USB to th tablet.  I really don't recommend the tablet since it is very laggy and frustrating.  I have better success with my galaxy tab 4 but am still looking to upgrade.
2020-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules