Ipad Pro 10,5 " with Inspire 2??
6747 9 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

the ipad tablet for 10.5 "64 gb or 256 gb will work with inspiration 2 is supported without compromise?how to mount tablet inspire 2 to remote controller from inspire 2?

2018-5-12
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes the iPad Pro 10.5” works very well. PolarPro sells a very nice device mount extender for the larger tablets. This is my exact set up.
2018-5-12
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

rent Posted at 2018-5-12 13:02
Yes the iPad Pro 10.5” works very well. PolarPro sells a very nice device mount extender for the larger tablets. This is my exact set up.

what do you recommend the version? is a 64 gb or more 256 gb?
are there any restrictions? is a better version of wifi or cellular? do i need gps in ipad for? no polar for expansion can not be used to inspire 2?
is there any sunshade on the 10.5 "ipad?
2018-5-12
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

You definitely want to get the cellular option since the Wi-Fi only doesn't have a true GPS. I use the iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB model with my Inspire 2. That iPad is dedicated to drone flying and has no other apps installed. I have never had a space issue. I also have the latest iPad Pro 12.9" (cellular & 512GB) that I use with the PolarPro tablet extension. It works great also and I love the extra screen real estate. I do not have a sunshade but could use one occasionally.
2018-5-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Tablet of this size is a bit too heavy to be mounted on RC. Your arms will get tired pretty fast. Consider mounting the tablet on tripod or microphone stand, something like this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... c_stand_holder.html
2018-5-14
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-5-14 20:23
Tablet of this size is a bit too heavy to be mounted on RC. Your arms will get tired pretty fast. Consider mounting the tablet on tripod or microphone stand, something like this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1073015-REG/ultimate_support_18009_universal_mic_stand_holder.html

I sometimes use my 12.9" iPad Pro with my Inspire 2. I use a neck strap to carry most of the weight. I'm not saying that it's ideal, especially for smaller folks, but I haven't had any issues with this setup.

I do like the idea of some sort of stand for when you aren't moving around. I would like to find one with an integrated hood for blocking the sunlight. I'd seen some years ago that were mounted to something that looked like an old music stand and had a sun shade. I haven't looked lately.

Thanks for the B&H link, Matthew. My cameraman probably has extra microphone stands available.
2018-5-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Pro 10.5 is an excellent device and works flawlessly with the Inspire 2 or other DJI products. The Cendence mount will open enough to hold the larger iPad but it is a tight fit. . Other mount extensions can be used on the standard remote. The MavMount is a nice option.

Also,  one of our forum members; Cougar has posted some photos on how to modify the standard mount slots.

Make sure you get the iPad with Wi-Fi and cellular options.

Rich

clip on adaptor
2018-5-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2018-5-17 06:08
I sometimes use my 12.9" iPad Pro with my Inspire 2. I use a neck strap to carry most of the weight. I'm not saying that it's ideal, especially for smaller folks, but I haven't had any issues with this setup.

I do like the idea of some sort of stand for when you aren't moving around. I would like to find one with an integrated hood for blocking the sunlight. I'd seen some years ago that were mounted to something that looked like an old music stand and had a sun shade. I haven't looked lately.

Cobra, microphone stand is really easy to tip off, particularly with heavy tablet on top. I will strongly recommend using a camera tripod. Longer lighting cable will be necessary also. Even better setup: RC and device on tripod with ball head. Cendence with CrystalSky monitor on tripod is a pleasure to work with for hours, no arms fatigue whatsoever.  I have lightweight golf umbrella mounted on the same tripod as well, although that's optional for calm weather only ...
2018-5-17
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-5-17 08:37
Cobra, microphone stand is really easy to tip off, particularly with heavy tablet on top. I will strongly recommend using a camera tripod. Longer lighting cable will be necessary also. Even better setup: RC and device on tripod with ball head. Cendence with CrystalSky monitor on tripod is a pleasure to work with for hours, no arms fatigue whatsoever.  I have lightweight golf umbrella mounted on the same tripod as well, although that's optional for calm weather only ...

I agree and after posting yesterday I purchased this Tripod Mount. I have a fairly large, sturdy tripod (lower end of the professional line) that will work great for this. In the end I will probably end up with something like you are talking about. I haven't had very many long shoots so it hasn't been an issue yet. Always good to think ahead, though.
2018-5-18
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

if you are going for the ipad Pro 10.5", I would highly recommend the 256gb Sim card version, and a secraft mounting system

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1623

Its really secure, and the build quality is truly outstanding. I personally didn't feel confident in trusting a £900 ipad to a small plastic adapter (or the DJI mounting system either).
You will have complete peace of mind.

On the sun hood subject, I too thought I might need one... but actually the new ipad Pro screen is really good, and easily viewable in direct sunlight.
I don't use a sun hood on mine, plus your hands aren't restricted at all
Yes as others have said, get a neck strap too. A cheap ish one will do, as long as it has metal contacts and not plastic ones holding it on. Your arms will thank you.
(why they don't give them out with the Inspire 2's is ridiculous... they did with the Inspire 1's)
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules