Mavic Air on CE mode shows 11 channels
2614 3 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

For you guys out there on CE region thinking that you are on FCC because you see 11 channels you may not be on that mode. I just got a Mavic Air and I was getting less range that I use to have with my spark on the same location. It doesn't matter if I was on 5.8 or 2.4, the signal was terrible at 500 m. I had 11 channels so I didnt understand what was going on. So I did the fake GPS thing and immediately see the message for changing the wifi parameters, that message never showed to me before. After that I'm getting great signal again. Still haven't try a 100% range test but after been at 500m I didn't had any lag. The connection was clearly better.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

Legend. For the last few days after getting my (Australian) Mavic Air, I lost hope in this "Extended WiFi" as I was getting video dropping out as far away as 110 metres in some noisy areas and 350 metres in areas with minimal noise. I was thinking, WiFi bands are just not good for this use. I looked at my channel configuration page and saw 2.4ghz channels going up to 11 only and thought it was set to FCC regulations. Did the whole spoof GPS trick and sent it out for another flight today and got 2km+ range out of it.

Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

No, it was not in CE mode but MIC mode (no idea where this is used but it is very weak). Mine was delivered in that mode. Alltogether there are four of them for different regions/countries: FCC, CE, SRRC and MIC.
2018-6-29
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

DJKOR Posted at 2018-6-28 23:19
Legend. For the last few days after getting my (Australian) Mavic Air, I lost hope in this "Extended WiFi" as I was getting video dropping out as far away as 110 metres in some noisy areas and 350 metres in areas with minimal noise. I was thinking, WiFi bands are just not good for this use. I looked at my channel configuration page and saw 2.4ghz channels going up to 11 only and thought it was set to FCC regulations. Did the whole spoof GPS trick and sent it out for another flight today and got 2km+ range out of it.

Thank you.

I'm glad I could help. Enjoy your flying. The Air is a great bird.
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules