Something simple.. or did I get a bit of a lemon
699 8 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTC709
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39984 ft
Canada

I’ll start by saying I’ve used the search feature extensively as well as on the DJi forum, but haven’t found any solution and most posts seem to be at least 4-6 months old.

I’ve got my Apline white MP out for a couple good flies so far to stretch its legs, I have about 1hr25 min in flight time on the unit.

•Gimbal vibrates almost consistently when moving, low wind & high wind. Been up 300ft with no wind warnings and as soon as I start to travel in any direction at even 2-3mph it’ll start. Same thing with no breeze at 6ft off the ground, as seen in attached video.

•Gimbal decides to do its own thing for a few seconds, this issue is fairly intermittent, only had it happen about 4-6 times. Video link attached.

•The camera intermittently seems to lock up on the tap to Focus side of it, blurs out and won’t tap to focus or even refocus in manual mode.

•I’m also dropping video feed intermittently about 300 feed out, with the vide screen freezing but all my data staying live, sometimes I can swap from photo to video and it’ll come back sometimes not. This I’ll somewhat attribute to interference.

-Hasn’t been crashed, MP firmware is V.01.04.0300
-DJIGo app firmware is V4.2.14(3118)
-No mods
-No error code
-Gimbal brackets all where they suppose to be

-Ruled out SD card, happened with original & my 64gb card out of my GoPro
-Was thinking wind, but at the time shown in the video I was low & slow and there was barely a breeze
-It was chilly, I’ve read that could be a cause for the vibration, may test is the warehouse a work to see.

I’ve calibrated and re calibrated everything, using supplied SD, reformatted before each flight. I haven’t tried rolling back to the previous firmware versions.

Am I missing something simple, or did I get a bit of a lemon of a gimbal? I still have 10 days that I’m able to return to Apple for replacement/refund.

Also sorry for the winded post, just looking for some insight/input from this great community. So far, beside the issues stated I’m throughly impressed with the Mavic, love the portability, solid flight time, and it has awesome stability in the wind, which is a must where I’m located.
2018-5-13
Use props
DTC709
lvl.1
Canada

Vibration
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

My advise (considering you only have 10 days remaining to return the drone) is that you should return the drone.
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-13 02:06
My advise (considering you only have 10 days remaining to return the drone) is that you should return the drone.

It may be that your problem is fixable but since we cant say what the problem is - it is perhaps best you send it back before your time expires.
There are MP lemons about - unless you can fix your problem in the next day or 2 at the most - i would definately send it back.

Only suggestion i can offer to your gimbal problem is: are you sure the gimbal plate is on the correct position. There is a tendency for the plate to jump out of position and when this happens then some of the symptoms you describe will occur.
However it may not be the gimbal plate - it could be that and other issues - i do not know.
2018-5-13
Use props
DTC709
lvl.1
Canada

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-13 02:06
My advise (considering you only have 10 days remaining to return the drone) is that you should return the drone.

That’s where my head is at now, I watched more high wind videos then I’d like to admit before deciding on the MP, and not one of them showed or mentioned this issue in high wind so that shouldn’t cause it I’d think.
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DTC709 Posted at 2018-5-13 02:10
That’s where my head is at now, I watched more high wind videos then I’d like to admit before deciding on the MP, and not one of them showed or mentioned this issue in high wind so that shouldn’t cause it I’d think.

high wind should not be the cause of your problem - i fly in high wind a lot - the problem you describe is not wind related, according to my experience.
2018-5-13
Use props
DTC709
lvl.1
Canada

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-13 02:12
high wind should not be the cause of your problem - i fly in high wind a lot - the problem you describe is not wind related, according to my experience.

Thanks, that was my thoughts as well, nice to have solid confirmation.
2018-5-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hate to say it but this indeed does look like a DOA unit. Ship it back to DJI for immediate replacement asap. You could spend valuable time trying to trouble shoot this but it looks like a significant malfunction beyond refreshing anything.
2018-5-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Adding my voice of agreement with post # 8
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules