Lake Oroville Horse Camping
495 11 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft

We spent a few days in northern California camping with our horses.  This video is made with my Mavic and Osmo Mobile.  I'm working on getting better with B-roll.  Suggestions and advice are welcome.

2018-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very Nice video Stan
2018-5-13
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

Thanks Suren.  It was a great few days there.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage there Stanford
2018-5-14
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

The noise of the drone doesn't seem to affect the horses.  These horses aren't very skiddish are they?
2018-5-14
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Very nice,
Do you know name of that tree at frame 1:45 and was it flowering?
Did you ever tell us your horses name? Beautiful animal!
2018-5-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-14 08:35
Very nice,
Do you know name of that tree at frame 1:45 and was it flowering?
Did you ever tell us your horses name? Beautiful animal!

Thanks Houdini.  That tree is called a California Buckeye (also called a California Horse Chestnut).  My wife asked me specifically to get a shot of that tree, so you both noticed how lovely that one is.  My horse is named "Mikey".  He came with that name, I'd never have picked that one, but I decided that he was used to it by the time I bought him at age 6.  Marcy's horse is B.G. - Burnt Gold - the color you see now.  In the winter he turns much more whitish, but this summer color is quite unusual.
2018-5-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-5-14 08:27
The noise of the drone doesn't seem to affect the horses.  These horses aren't very skiddish are they?

We're part of our local Sheriff's Mounted Search and Rescue unit.  All the horses in the unit get lots of training designed to expose them to scary things.  I've taken my drone to our training on a couple of occasions and was quite surprised at how just about all the horses ignored it.  The worst I've seen is one horse taking a few steps backwards.  And this was with me flying the drone at eye level and about 10 feet in front of them.  Same thing when I flew right over their heads at about 15 feet altitude.  I guess they just thing it's a big bee.    However, that said, horses ARE prey animals and have a million years of instinct that tells them to run if something is strange, moves, and makes noise.  So, I never fly my drone around horses until EVERY owner has said "OK".  
2018-5-14
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ahhhhhhh caravan camping, if your going to do it do it in style right. Nice footage buddy I enjoyed it.
2018-5-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-14 12:38
Ahhhhhhh caravan camping, if your going to do it do it in style right. Nice footage buddy I enjoyed it.

We belong to a horse camping club and go out once a month like this.  We used to tent camp, but finally decided that we were too old for that and bought an RV.  It's SOOOOO nice to have your bathroom and shower right next to our queen sized bed, a full kitchen, and also a thermostat switch next to the bed for those cold mornings.  
2018-5-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
And good flying between the trees
2018-5-15
Use props
MavicIsMe