Compass redundancy switch error
5784 15 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I have gotten some Compass redundancy switch errors recently and are not used to that warning.  

Is the message saying that it can't switch compass or that it have switched?

On an MP with latest software in all aspects (execpt DJI-GO)

Do you guys have this?
2018-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

If you getting a switch error it means that the Pro senses interference with Compass 1 and  due to an error on Comp 2 it cannot switch, interference must be really high for it not to be able to switch. When it does a switch successfully you will see compass redundancy switch 2 show on screen.
2018-5-13
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your problem.
I have never experienced it my self. Checking the Forum a few people have.
Here is one link. Compass redundancy switch error
Another link said this was a fix for it, DIY
And of course  DJI support says you should be calibrating your compass in an area FREE of buildings and magnetic influence.
Hope this helps. If not, someone on the Forum will have another suggestion.
2018-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As far as I know, it’s telling you there is a problem with one of your compass and it has switched to other compass, have you checked status of compass in app.

The problem now could be how do you sort out other compass, you could try to calibrate both IMU and compass. Also might be wise to check with support to see if issue can be corrected.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-13 08:49
As far as I know, it’s telling you there is a problem with one of your compass and it has switched to other compass, have you checked status of compass in app.

The problem now could be how do you sort out other compass, you could try to calibrate both IMU and compass. Also might be wise to check with support to see if issue can be corrected.

Hi hallmark, somehow I wished that you would answer on this.

I had to calibrate the compass for the first time ever yesterday (had mine since Jan 2017) and then after that it started with this error. Visited 3 different places yesterday and had the same problem on two of those.

Today I was noticing a slight drift, not so windy at all the MP should be able to handle it in relation to what I have been flying in for conditions before.

About the APP, yes all looks good green bars all the way.....
Landed, restarted and it was better, it's so strange since I have basically have a flawless experince so far. I get a little worried and hope nothing is brooken.  The message was gone today so....

Thanks for replying, Coming to Sweden in the summer or?

Happly flying.
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-13 08:44
Sorry to hear about your problem.
I have never experienced it my self. Checking the Forum a few people have.
Here is one link. Compass redundancy switch error

Thanks B1houdini,

I will check out this thread in the link you provided, to see if it might solve something.

I'm just so use to have a "flawless" experience so I get a little nervous.

Thanks for you time.

Happy flying
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-5-13 08:43
If you getting a switch error it means that the Pro senses interference with Compass 1 and  due to an error on Comp 2 it cannot switch, interference must be really high for it not to be able to switch. When it does a switch successfully you will see compass redundancy switch 2 show on screen.

Hi Suren.

That might explain something, got a warning for "interference" also, was flying in an area with an old buidling that use to be a "mill" for producing Oar in the old days and there might be some leftovers there.

Thanks for you reply.
2018-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Flybee Posted at 2018-5-13 09:14
Hi Suren.

That might explain something, got a warning for "interference" also, was flying in an area with an old buidling that use to be a "mill" for producing Oar in the old days and there might be some leftovers there.

Just curious, Was your camera facing down or straight ahead? Have seen compass issues on Comp2 with camera facing down causing those errors.
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-5-13 09:20
Just curious, Was your camera facing down or straight ahead? Have seen compass issues on Comp2 with camera facing down causing those errors.

I'm sorry I don't remember it, most likely it was straight ahead.
2018-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Flybee Posted at 2018-5-13 09:22
I'm sorry I don't remember it, most likely it was straight ahead.

Give it a try, have the app on the compass screen and move the camera down watching the compass 2 and see if it moves up into the read
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-5-13 09:24
Give it a try, have the app on the compass screen and move the camera down watching the compass 2 and see if it moves up into the read

Thanks for the tip will do it next time
2018-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Flybee Posted at 2018-5-13 09:29
Thanks for the tip will do it next time

Cool let us know how it works out
2018-5-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-5-13 09:32
Cool let us know how it works out

Hi Suren.

Tried it now and it did not make any difference for me, but in this case i'm glad.
No warnings just a wonderful evening with some great light and landscapes.

happy flying
2018-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Flybee Posted at 2018-5-15 11:14
Hi Suren.

Tried it now and it did not make any difference for me, but in this case i'm glad.

Good to hear no issues,
2018-5-15
Use props
fanse7c27262
New
Flight distance : 205925 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I had compass calibration and redundancy switch errors with my Mavic and despite trying lots of things to resolve it, nothing seemed to work.

Compass one always showed a full red bar but compass two seemed fine. I was just about to give up and send it for repair when I thought I would try one last thing.

I took my I watch off my left hand which is the hand I hold the drone with when calibrating and tried again. The compass calibration was perfect!

My watch has a magnetic fastener and so it was that which was the problem all along
2020-9-2
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

fanse7c27262 Posted at 9-2 23:29
Hi All,

I had compass calibration and redundancy switch errors with my Mavic and despite trying lots of things to resolve it, nothing seemed to work.

so glad it worked out for you, great tips also to remove all wearables
2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules