No customer service after drone crash
1159 10 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Rover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29747 ft

My Mavic Air went down in the ocean on 4/25/18. I had the insurance, paid the deductible for the first claim and waited to see if they would honor it though I had no way to retrieve my drone to return to them. They were good about keeping in touch with me and asked for informtaion about what happened. Then on 5/9/18 they informed me that the accident was due to pilot error.  They will give me a 15% discount on a new drone without the remote or charger.  I cannot get ahold of anyone to accept the offer. I love the last sentance in this email. I am so angry now, I have no drone to fly even though I am willing to take the hit. They took my $69 deductible too which they shouldn't have since they did nothing for me.  Here is the email i got:
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-1725034-B1N3K1, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was working in GPS mode during the flight;

2. T=723 s, H=-5.1 m, D=80.1 m, the pilot was puling down the throttle stick, pushing forward the pitch stick and moving the roll stick rightward, then the aircraft crashed into water.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by misoperation. Please fly with caution.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 15% off discount for Mavic Air (Flame Red) without charger and remote. If you would like to take the offer, please offer us the following info:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lydia
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/

Reminder:
Should you have any question about the data analysis result, please reply this email directly in 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2 working days normally.

It is not advised to keep sending emails to us because that will refresh the time on your case. While we handle emails in time order, thus your case will be delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for the understanding.

2018-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hopefully a mod will jump in here, this is not right, maybe try to contact chat line on website, they won’t be available until tomorrow.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for your loss, please note DJI Care Refresh will not cover any loss or partial loss of aircraft, gimbal or accessories, I checked your balance of DJI Care Refresh, it is still remaining 2 times. May I know where did you pay the deductible for the first claim? GTScreenshot_20180514_111956.png
Per the case, you have agreed with the data analysis and the discount, the reply may be delayed because of the weekend, if there is no further issue, I will inform the team to apply the coupon to you as soon as possible, thank you.
2018-5-13
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-13 19:19
Hi there, sorry for your loss, please note DJI Care Refresh will not cover any loss or partial loss of aircraft, gimbal or accessories, I checked your balance of DJI Care Refresh, it is still remaining 2 times. May I know where did you pay the deductible for the first claim?[view_image]
Per the case, you have agreed with the data analysis and the discount, the reply may be delayed because of the weekend, if there is no further issue, I will inform the team to apply the coupon to you as soon as possible, thank you.

I will send it to you privately not in a public forum.  It was paid through PayPal so I do have a receipt. The insurance now does me no good because it is connected to the drone I lost. So I lost my drone, the insurance and the deductible. I can't get a new drone until this gets resolved through DJI.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-13 20:46
I will send it to you privately not in a public forum.  It was paid through PayPal so I do have a receipt. The insurance now does me no good because it is connected to the drone I lost. So I lost my drone, the insurance and the deductible. I can't get a new drone until this gets resolved through DJI.

Where did you pay for 68$? As far as I know, customer can only pay to DJI via the quotation that DJI sent or the DJI Care Refresh Express when creating the case via online repair form. If you have any proof, please show us so that we could investigate.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 00:49
Where did you pay for 68$? As far as I know, customer can only pay to DJI via the quotation that DJI sent or the DJI Care Refresh Express when creating the case via online repair form. If you have any proof, please show us so that we could investigate.

I do not want to send it in a public forum.... give me an email address I can send it to so that I don't expose all my information publically.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-14 06:17
I do not want to send it in a public forum.... give me an email address I can send it to so that I don't expose all my information publically.

Please send me an email address so that I can send you the receipt I paid DJI for $69 for deductible. Please tell me if the insurance I bought can be transferred to the new drone. Otherwise I am out  the $89 for DJI Care Refresh and $69 deductible. That is a total of $158 I lost and you are going to give me 15% off a $799 drone which comes to $119.85 discount. Wow! You guys are very generous.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2

Where did you pay for 68$? As far as I know, customer can only pay to DJI via the quotation that DJI sent or the DJI Care Refresh Express when creating the case via online repair form. If you have any proof, please show us so that we could investigate.

Please send me an email address so that I can send you the receipt I paid DJI for $69 for deductible. Please tell me if the insurance I bought can be transferred to the new drone. Otherwise I am out  the $89 for DJI Care Refresh and $69 deductible. That is a total of $158 I lost and you are going to give me 15% off a $799 drone which comes to $119.85 discount. Wow! You guys are very generous.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-14 06:29

Red Rover, sorry that I do not have the working email address, please send the email to support@dji.com and post the email ticket number here, thank you.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2

You have to pay before you submit a claim. I paid the day I submitted the claim but your company did not cash it until you decided not to honor it.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-15 06:14
You have to pay before you submit a claim. I paid the day I submitted the claim but your company did not cash it until you decided not to honor it.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm that have you sent the receipt to the email: support@dji.com? If yes, please provide us the ticket number, we'd like to help you check it. Thanks!
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules