Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rules for flying with drones in the Czech Republic
9199 11 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sibstr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288940 ft
Czechia

To know the rules of flying with drones in the Czech Republic is not easy for Czechs let alone for tourists from abroad. Here are briefly written rules for flying with drones in the Czech Republic.

Rules for flying with drones in the Czech Republic

In the Czech Republic drones are classified into several groups according to their weight.

Category:

1) ≤ 0,91 kg
2) > 0,91 kg to < 7 kg
3) 7 - 25 kg
4) > 25 kg

For recreational and sport flying there is no need to register a pilot or a drone (categories 1-3 to 25 kg). For commercial purposes you must register both, pilot and drone for all categories! In category 4 (over 25 kg) you must always register!
A fine of up to € 200,000 may be imposed for violating the rules of flying with drones!

Basic rules:

• FPV (First Person View) flying is prohibited! You must always have visual contact with the drone. (No camera or telescope only your eyes.)
  • It isn't allowed to fly around the international airports within 5,5 km radius.
  • Not allowed to fly around Prague Castle! Beware, it's very well guarded and you get a fine and your dron can be confiscated.
  • It is forbidden to fly over the center of Prague, around nuclear power plants, sports airports, military areas and national parks.
  • You can fly up to 300 meters above the ground. But beware at the height of 150 to 300 meters can fly ultralight aircraft and rescue helicopters.
  • For category 1 and 2 (<7 kg) observe the safe distance from persons and buildings, 50 meters during start and landing, 100 meters during flight (150 meters in a densely populated area). For Category 3 and 4 is this safety distance is greater.
  • For category 4 pilot and drone insurance is mandatory.
  • Drones of categories 2, 3 and 4 must be equipped with a failsave system. (Automatic return to start position and automatic landing.)
  • Flying with a drone at night is forbidden.
  • If you filming or photograph people you need to have their consent. (If they can be identified on a video or photo.)
  • It is forbidden to fly to the cloud at a distance of 1500 meters horizontally and 300 meters vertically for all categories.

Official document with rules for flying, unfortunately only in the Czech language
https://lis.rlp.cz/predpisy/predpisy/dokumenty/L/L-2/data/effective/doplX.pdf

Map of restricted and prohibited zones in the Czech airspace
http://aisview.rlp.cz/index.php?lang=2
The basic parameters (details) are: AD, D, P, R, CTR

Summary of the basic rules:

• You must always have a visual contact with a dron.
  • You mustn't fly more than 300 meters above the ground.
  • Never fly near airports 5,5 km, Prague Castle, Prague center, nuclear power plants, military objects and national parks.
  • Observe the safe distance from persons and buildings, 50 meters during start and landing, 100 meters during flight (150 meters in a densely populated area).
  • Flying with a drone at night is forbidden.

Follow these rules and everything will be ok :-)

These rules are valid in May 2018.

2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Useful information for those pilots in the Czech Republic, thanks for sharing it with us!
2018-5-14
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-14 00:20
Useful information for those pilots in the Czech Republic, thanks for sharing it with us!

Useful information not only for Czech pilots. It's for all pilots from whole World who want to visit Czech Republic and want to fly with drone.

Find information isn't a problem for the Czech pilot, but it's problem for the pilot from abroad. This is my experience from abroad when I don't know the language of a foreign country.

Here are people from all over the world. It would be nice if everybody wrote the rules of flying with the drones in his country. It will help a lot of people when they travel around the world and flying with a drone.
2018-5-14
Use props
Reas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114895 ft
Denmark

Thanks a lot The rules are a bit less strickt than here (DK). Maybe that will be my next travel destination
2018-5-14
Use props
JRos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 677362 ft
Canada

Very useful.... I'm right now in Czech Republic with my Mavic.... so let's fly!!

Thanks
2018-8-3
Use props
jgo
New
  • >>>
United States

Do we need permit to fly Mavic Pro 2?
2019-4-3
Use props
jgo
New
  • >>>
United States

JRos Posted at 2018-8-3 00:38
Very useful.... I'm right now in Czech Republic with my Mavic.... so let's fly!!

No permit required? I have the Pro2
2019-4-3
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Czechia

jgo Posted at 4-3 12:30
Do we need permit to fly Mavic Pro 2?

Permission to fly with the DJI Mavic Pro 2 is not necessary if you follow the rules written in the first post.
2019-4-3
Use props
Radost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22756 ft

Czechia

Thanks for this. I was actually surprised the height limit is 300m. I always stick to 120m anyways.

You dont need permsions to fly your MP2 unless you fly for commercial pursposes.
2019-4-4
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Czechia

Radost Posted at 4-4 00:18
Thanks for this. I was actually surprised the height limit is 300m. I always stick to 120m anyways.

You dont need permsions to fly your MP2 unless you fly for commercial pursposes.

The maximum height limit is 300 meters but remember you must still have visual contact with the drone. In some weather conditions the drone isn't visible for 300 meters then you have to fly closer. For example DJI Spark is a small drone therefore you can't fly 300 meters high because you would lose visual contact and visual contact is more important than max allowed height limit. Over 150 meters you have to be very careful because there can fly ultralight aircrafs and helicopters. You mustn't endanger human lives!
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems very fair considering
2019-4-4
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

Any good suggestions where I can fly my drone in Prague without getting in trouble and be able to get some nice pictures?
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules