DJI Agras MG1S Waypoints
1431 5 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CGP
lvl.2
Panama

Hi,I have several questions related to the Smart Operation mode of the Agras MG1S and I hope I can get some help here.
  • When I walked the perimeter of the area I see the dots around the field which is good. The screen provides the yellow line for the flight plan
Question 1: The safety separation from the edge is based on the distance from the dots to the center of the Agras? (This Agras opened is 2.1 meter wide, therefore if I choose 1.5 it means that the wings will be only 50cm from the dots. (I work in an area in which the farmer needs to produce eery inch of soil and therefore they plant un til very close to the edge of the field in which many times there are trees or fences).
2 - If I increase the height, is not the Agras suppose to choose the wide based on the Noozle?
3 - the option to rectify is only available before the Agras lifts off the air.. in which it is too late to rectify. Last time I had to land, edit, rename, rectify and then start the flight plan again..  Is it possible to know if I need to rectify before it lifts off? Am I supposed to have the blue dot of my location on top o the star of the Calibration point in order to ensure the flight plan is as accurate as possible?

Please anyone who has enough experience to understand the tricks around precicion of the flight plan I would appreciate some tips.

2018-5-13
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

If the operation you're performing requires high precision, you will need the RTK system, otherwise you will have to carry out field tests* to verify that the programmed safety distance is similar and consistent along that border route since the flight path is affected by wind, GPS and the internet signals. In the tutorials, never seen the aircraft approaching the edge of the field, always flying a few meters inside for safety. If you have trees and fences right on the limit of the field, be careful and not expect a very precise flight.

About editing, you have to do it with the aircraft off, do the changes in the RC and then turn on the Agras and update the information. Sometimes you will need to input it as a new task.

Hope this will help.

*For the field test, I will set the altitude to 3 mt.  (the spray should be 5 mt. width) with an XR11001 nozzle - 110 degrees spraying opening angle, and setting the safety distance to 2 mt. from the field limits. Disable the anti-collision radar (OAR) if you have one installed, set in place the water-sensitive paper and get an observer to assist you.
2018-5-14
Use props
ProAgroAgras
lvl.2
Panama

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-5-14 09:18
If the operation you're performing requires high precision, you will need the RTK system, otherwise you will have to carry out field tests* to verify that the programmed safety distance is similar and consistent along that border route since the flight path is affected by wind, GPS and the internet signals. In the tutorials, never seen the aircraft approaching the edge of the field, always flying a few meters inside for safety. If you have trees and fences right on the limit of the field, be careful and not expect a very precise flight.

About editing, you have to do it with the aircraft off, do the changes in the RC and then turn on the Agras and update the information. Sometimes you will need to input it as a new task.

Hi Ricardo,
3 m high would be with no wind I assume.
I am running at 2 m high and 3.8 m wide, but it is becoming very slow to perform..
How did you come up with 3 m high and 5 m wide?
2018-5-14
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

ProAgroAgras Posted at 2018-5-14 10:20
Hi Ricardo,
3 m high would be with no wind I assume.
I am running at 2 m high and 3.8 m wide, but it is becoming very slow to perform..

Yes, no wind. My field test results were 3.6 mt @ 1.5 and 4.15 mt @ 2.50.  So for a 2 mt hight flight, it should be 3.8 mt spray width and for 3 mt height should result in a 4.4 mt spray width. If you switch nozzles from 80 to 110 degrees (open range), the spray width from a 3 mt altitude, may improve and go up to 5 mt width.  You will have to run some tests.

At what speed? Lts/Ha?
2018-5-14
Use props
ProAgroAgras
lvl.2
Panama

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-5-14 12:24
Yes, no wind. My field test results were 3.6 mt @ 1.5 and 4.15 mt @ 2.50.  So for a 2 mt hight flight, it should be 3.8 mt spray width and for 3 mt height should result in a 4.4 mt spray width. If you switch nozzles from 80 to 110 degrees (open range), the spray width from a 3 mt altitude, may improve and go up to 5 mt width.  You will have to run some tests.

At what speed? Lts/Ha?

Monstly I run at 20Lper Hect
Are you aware of any products that would use over 20L per hect?
2018-5-15
Use props
Alvaro8
lvl.1

Colombia

hola. para la primera pregunta. es muy riesgoso trabajar con ese margen de segurida de 1.5 cuando hay muchos arboles dentro del perimetro, recuerda que la precision es en metros y tambien va a depender de la precision que tengas en el control al momento de marcar el perimetro. lo ideal seria que el agricultor haga adecuaciones al terreno para que el dron pueda llegar a todos los rincones del area sin ningun problema.
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules