P2 Smart Batteries to Cease Production in July?
1192 5 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

I attended an online webinar this evening and the host said that they recieved word from a major DJI dealer that DJI is planning to cease production of the P2 smart batteries in July. This is likely to try to get everyone to migrate over to the new P3 platform. There are some third party companies who make extended capacity P2 batteries and will likely still offer them as options, but supposedly DJI will cease their official production.

This is a bit worrisome and I feel would be a horrendous PR move for DJI if it does occur. Again, I can't directly confirm this information, but was hoping someone from DJI could provide some more insight.

Thoughts?
2015-5-11
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah, why wouldn't they?
2015-5-11
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Well if they did stop that would make DJI a really crappy company in my book.
2015-5-11
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-5-12 11:31
Well if they did stop that would make DJI a really crappy company in my book.

They already are a crappy company.  Their tech support has nothing but canned answers and their repair facilities are near to non existent and take eons to get back.  No parts for their now in production hardware and everything is in the beta testing, like this website.  
2015-5-11
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

If they were to do that, that  would cause me to question buying a P3, or not.  What would stop them from discontinuing the P3 battery in the future?   Please respond to this concern DJI, even if it is just rumor.  The rumor is making your existing customers a little anxious.
2015-5-12
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Rumour is just that, no facts or naming this "Major Dealer" who will have nothing to do with the way DJI operate anyway.
DJI is unlikely to respond to rumours here, I cant think of any manufacture that feels the need to give an "official" word on internet rumours.
Seriously if you are that anxious about hearing these sorts of things then the internet is not a safe place for you.
2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules