Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak video signal
383 3 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suncruiser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77195 ft

I am less than 3 weeks into Mavic Air ownership when I experienced something new.  I was flying in a wide open field with no obvious source of electrical interference such power lines.  I was testing the quickshot modes, all successfully. Then I did a full speed run in Sport Mode. Next I tried to have it track me as a walked around this field.  It started out just fine when suddenly the camera image on my screen froze and a message appreared saying "Weak video signal".  This happened when I was 10' away from the drone. I landed the MA and shut it down and restarted it to find the same messagre appear.  I then shut off the controller and restarted it but got the same error message.  Thinking that the leg extenders I was using was blocking the antenna I removed these, but the message persisted. Convinced that something had broken in my MA I went home and turned it on inside in OPTI mode and found the video signal coming through just fine.

Has anyone experienced this?  If so, do you know the cause.

Let me point out the following things:

1.  The DJI Go4 App updated at the start of this flying session.
2.  The app indicated that my microSD was slow, but I did not bother to swap this out while outside.
3.   The video operated in OPTI with the same slow SD card.
4. 5 videos recorded perfectly just before this failed.
5. When I replayed the flight this Weak Video Signal message never appeared on the flight replay.

Thanks in advance for your help.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Please try the flight in different locations, if still no good luck, please show us a screenshot of the error message if applicable, we'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-13
Use props
Suncruiser
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-13 22:29
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. Please try the flight in different locations, if still no good luck, please show us a screenshot of the error message if applicable, we'll look into it, thanks!

Thanks for the quick response Diana.  

This was the 3rd time at this location, so I am thinking it is not likely the location but more likely the SW update, or perhaps the functions that I was running at the time or the combination of both.  My plan is to continue to fly there and try to make it happen again.  This time I will be sure to get a screen grab. I thought it would show up in the datalogger
2018-5-14
Use props
Suncruiser
lvl.2

Suncruiser Posted at 2018-5-14 04:45
Thanks for the quick response Diana.  

This was the 3rd time at this location, so I am thinking it is not likely the location but more likely the SW update, or perhaps the functions that I was running at the time or the combination of both.  My plan is to continue to fly there and try to make it happen again.  This time I will be sure to get a screen grab. I thought it would show up in the datalogger

I went to the same field today and saw that there was a firmware upgrade which I upload (ver...12).  I then flew in both sport and program modes with no problems.  Next the switch to the active track like before and it was during this that it froze the video again and displayed Weak Video Signal.  This locks up everything on the screen, but I was able to fly by eye back to the landing location and land the MA.  I tried to get a screen grab, but with my iPhone6 locked into the remote it was not easy to get at the 2 buttons needed to do that screen grab.  I thought I had grabbed a screen image, but upon checking afterwards I failed to do so.

I changed batteries and flew again in the Active Track where it followed me around very successfully for a while until my battery was running down.  I shut it down and came home.  It remains unclear if the problem is with the MA or the location.  

There was one other thing that happened there today that had me concerned.  I had flown the MA about 100 meters away and suddenly found it was not responding to my controls from the remote.  I was thinking of walking after it to get closer, but then pressed the return home button on the app and it successfully returned home and flew well afterwards.  
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules