Drone crash due to software or hardware. Worried to Fly?
788 10 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643773 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi,

In some discussion threads, people said their drones fly away or crashed or fall like rock etc.. due to some malfunction in software or hardware. If this happens in public places or in cities, this can be really costly for drone owners.
Also, if you are having a new drone it can and you lose it ( I assume without hurting any property or person), it can still be costly because of prices and service repairs. so this hobby is an expensive hobby.

Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-5-13
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

If you know what you are doing, you should not be afraid.
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Thats why I bought DJI Care Refresh, have made my homework to get a Permit and Insured my Drone for 3rd Party Damages.

Insurance costed almost the same amount of the Spark per Year. Here in Malta to fly its compulsary to have Insurance + Permits with Authorities.

If the Police / Enforcers / Authorities catch you flying without, you will be facing lots and lots of trouble.

The hobby costs like any other hobby. If you dont want to spend a lot of money to be covered and stay in line, then it will your Own Risk.

At the end of the day, if something happens, like a crash on other's property or worst, crashing and hurting someone, you will regret not having Insurance, as people will sue you and bankrupt you.

2018-5-14
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

yes, this hobby is expensive for those who don't show or have the interest of flying drones !
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

S.J Posted at 2018-5-14 02:23
yes, this hobby is expensive for those who don't show or have the interest of flying drones !

Well said S.J.
2018-5-14
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

And requires lots of time and patience as well. That doesn't stop me flying
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You are 100% Right !! Lots of reading, learning and facing New Problems that arise.

Also these Forums help a lot as we can share experiences and discuss, disagree and agree and learn from our Mistakes !

2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. If the crash is not caused by pilot's error and the drone is under warranty, it should be under warranty. And we would like to help, if users encounter any problem with the new app.
2018-5-16
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

Crash mine due pilot error, after costly repair the next day fly againwith lesson learned.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

andwluv Posted at 2018-5-16 07:01
Crash mine due pilot error, after costly repair the next day fly againwith lesson learned.

Glad the problem is solved, please fly with caution. Have fun with your spark!
2018-5-16
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-16 22:10
Glad the problem is solved, please fly with caution. Have fun with your spark!

Thanks, lesson learn fly more safer
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules