Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quickshot bug, definitely one to watch for.
1226 10 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was flying my Mavic Air yesterday and wanted to get a boomerang quickshot of us on a castle wall. I connected via wifi to my phone, no need for the controller and I put the Air up and set it to quickshot, boomerang. Checked my initial view and tapped on myself. I put my phone down to let it do its thing and it proceeded to fly in the opposite direction for a boomerang and start to do a larger arc. Right at a tree!! luckily I hit the stop button just as it trimmed a few leaves. I look at the screen and it shows its in helix mode! I think WTF. Maybe I pressed that by mistake, but I was 100% sure I didnt. So, i set the shot up again. Hit Boomerang. Tap myself. Put my phone down and wait. It now does a Dronie!. Now im a bit concerned so I bring it back. I check im in boomerang and hold on to my phone. I tap myself to start the quickshot, it started counting down, i then realised my palm had caught the quickshot button for helix again and it just started to fly off to the right. I quickly stopped the flight, brought it back into shot and did the boomerang again. This time being mindful not to catch another quickshot option.

So, to DJI, this is what I suggest. When a quickshot has been chosen and the subject tapped. Before the countdown starts. Lock to the quickshot its set to.

For everyone else. Be aware when you are doing a quickshot that you dont accidentally tap a different quickshot.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used every quick shot yesterday on my MA and all six worked perfectly - including two boomerangs and an asteroid. Very strange why that is happening to you. Always best to just use your finger tips and double check your chosen selection before tapping go then keep you finger over the X pause button on the RC in case you need to do an emergency stop.
2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, i had no problem with it doing the quickshot, i just noticed its easy to accidentally tap a different mode just before it starts the quickshot.
2018-5-14
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft

Thanks for the information.
It would help to lock them out good idea.
2018-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Funny you should say that just yesterday hit asteroid and got dronie, did try a few other quick shots with no problems, but like you was convinced I pressed the right buttons, so I don’t know will need more testing.
2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-14 12:19
Funny you should say that just yesterday hit asteroid and got dronie, did try a few other quick shots with no problems, but like you was convinced I pressed the right buttons, so I don’t know will need more testing.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go over the field and test this out. Something isn't right here. I was assuming it was me that made this happen, now im seeing a few reports of the same thing and even worse, people are reporting that in active track the air might divebomb its target!!
DJI where are you and what are you going to do about this???
2018-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-5-14 13:02
I think tomorrow I'm going to go over the field and test this out. Something isn't right here. I was assuming it was me that made this happen, now im seeing a few reports of the same thing and even worse, people are reporting that in active track the air might divebomb its target!!
DJI where are you and what are you going to do about this???

I’ve just shown my wife your post, as she was making fun of me for getting it wrong, look forward to outcome.
2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-14 13:17
I’ve just shown my wife your post, as she was making fun of me for getting it wrong, look forward to outcome.

lol yeah, my lot were getting annoyed with me having to wait each time it messed up.
2018-5-14
Use props
machprime
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Canada

Hmm you seem to be having a similar problem to mine. No matter what quickshot mode I do, it always does a dronie.
2018-5-14
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

When try boomerang for the first time My Mavic also flight Right at a tree, boom in the ground bonsing up and then try to flye and go right with full speed in a wall. No damage

2019-8-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stormense8 Posted at 8-24 08:24
When try boomerang for the first time My Mavic also flight Right at a tree, boom in the ground bonsing up and then try to flye and go right with full speed in a wall. No damage

[view_image]

Good illustration
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules